Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Giannini Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I am looking for information about a Giannini Guitar, Serie Estudo. I e-mailed to the Brazilian manufacturer and they responded in Portuguese which was not very helpful.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

model AWKS 12,ser. 02 1972. I bought it in a hock shop in 72 for $199.95, I ate craft dinner for two weeks to pay for it and it is still with me, the action is like butter, there are no string buzzies and it still sounds as good, or maybe a little better than it did in 72. The only signs of age is some cracking of the varnish, this guit has been played hard and in all types of atmospheric conditions, whomever this Giannini fellow is I’d like to meet him!

Anonymous

I have a 12-string that I bought new in 1974 – model AWKS 12,ser. 10 1974. It was selling for $400, but I got it for $175 because there were white lines running through the fret board finish, but they went away within a few years. It’s an odd shape — like a lute on the top side and a guitar on the bottom side. It is still in phenominal shape and sounds so full and mellow — I hardly ever play any of my 6 strings. I kind of remember it being called a "craviola" or something like that. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Also, I have a friend from Peru so she speaks Portugese. How do we get in touch with the company, and if you have a response from Brazil, I can get it translated.

Anonymous

I don’t know if this is any help, but my father bought me a Giannini classical guitar (3/4 size) in 1962 (I was 8). I learned to play on it and it is still my guitar of choice for playing of all kinds as it has a lovely sweet sound. This is even though I have several "superior" guitars in the house (Guild, etc.).

Anonymous

Hi! i just bought a giannini at a junk shop ,model awn 20 ,made in 74.the sound is great.mellow ,very toney.aside from some very minor scuffs its in great shape.there isn’t much info about them other than the company was started by a itailian immigrant.i paid $75.seems like a good price.if any body knows about them please get back.Thanks

Anonymous

Yea man.. I have 2 of them made in 74.. but cant find any info either

Anonymous

: I am looking for information about a Giannini Guitar, Serie Estudo. I e-mailed to the Brazilian manufacturer and they responded in Portuguese which was not very helpful. Check out http://www.univox.org/pics/catalogs/giannini_memo.jpg I hope this helps

Anonymous

I just bought a Giannini, seems to be a model AWKS, make in 73. I paid $350 for it. I love the sound, I’ve seached the net, but can’t find diddly about them. any luck? : I am looking for information about a Giannini Guitar, Serie Estudo. I e-mailed to the Brazilian manufacturer and they responded in Portuguese which was not very helpful.

Anonymous

: I just bought a Giannini, seems to be a model AWKS, make in 73. I paid $350 for it. I love the sound, I’ve seached the net, but can’t find diddly about them. : any luck? : : I am looking for information about a Giannini Guitar, Serie Estudo. I e-mailed to the Brazilian manufacturer and they responded in Portuguese which was not very helpful.

Anonymous

: : I just bought a Giannini, seems to be a model AWKS, make in 73. I paid $350 for it. I love the sound, I’ve seached the net, but can’t find diddly about them. : : any luck? : : : I am looking for information about a Giannini Guitar, Serie Estudo. I e-mailed to the Brazilian manufacturer and they responded in Portuguese which was not very helpful. I own a Giannini awks guitar probably the same as yours I recieved it from an uncle who purchased it new in 1972 or 73 at that time he also bought the classical version which he still has there was also a 12 string version which he was not able to afford at the time not much is knowen about this company other than they are in brazil and alot of their instruments were a little different in shape in my opinion they play great always stay in tune and sound good(30 years old and i dont believe the neck has ever been adjusted) although i had 2 frets redone and a new ivory nut at the headstock built in the spring of 2000 Would also be curious as to the value of these instruments mike

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.