Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Tremolo, reverb not working on Fender Twin Reverb

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a 1973 Fendee twin reverb silverface for some years now. First the tremola stopped working and now the reverb is busted. Ive checked out the connections and switch using a voltmeter etc and everything seems fine. Is there anything with the elecrtroncs to stop a spring reverb and tremolo working. Any ideas would be gratefully accepted
    thanks
    eddie (ireland)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Eddie Reynolds, as I live and breath! There’s a pretty good repair place called Rigs for Gigs out past Glasnevin. Phone 8646839.

Anonymous

Tremelo, you have to have a foot switch for it to work, if you do there are two common problems I have seen assuming your trem driver tube is Ok which is the second small tube from the power tubes. You can look in the extra speaker jack and if you hit the foot switch and see no light then its the opto oscillator thats bad. If you do see a light and it oscillates for a second after you hit the foot switch then stops its the capacitors that control the oscilator. Often they come unsoldered and can be reconnected but ocasionally they go bad and need replaced. Dont mess with it if you dont know alot about working on amps, it can kill you. Its an easy fix at any rate. The reverb is the third tube from the power tubes, replace that if it doesnt work you need to try another reverb tank. : I have a 1973 Fendee twin reverb silverface for some years now. First the tremola stopped working and now the reverb is busted. Ive checked out the connections and switch using a voltmeter etc and everything seems fine. Is there anything with the elecrtroncs to stop a spring reverb and tremolo working. Any ideas would be gratefully accepted : thanks : eddie (ireland)

Anonymous

It seems to be a common problem – to buy an old amp with no switch. Do you know how to make one (wiring) so that i can get my own FTR SF 197? working?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.