Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics WASHBURN HB-50

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a Washburn HB-50 semi-acoustic, a very distinctive thin and light guitar with only one F-hole. It’s a beautiful instrument, but I picked it up second-hand and I would really like to know something about the model.

If you know anything about the history, value or anything else, I’d appreciate it.

Thanks

PR

Related Article:
    Washburn is featured in The Top 5 Acoustic-Electric Guitars Under 00

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi there. Just bumping this chain as I’ve just bought a Washburn HB-50 of my own. It’s well-used but in good nick and looks and plays beautifully! I’m going to get my guitar tech to have a look at it and do a setup, but I’m really looking forward to gigging it. It’s one of the most beautiful guitars I own!

Anonymous

I have a truly mint Washburn HB50 for sale in the U.K.
      Detailed pics available. Viewing welcome.

Anonymous

Hi there,
        I was trawling the internet when I came across your post about the Washburn HB50. Like you I also own a HB50 which almost mint except for 2 little details. It has a tiny mark on the front which can’t be seen unless you know where to look, the other thing and this is why I’m contacting you is that the inside label is completely missing. all that remains is a spot of glue where the label once was. I contacted washburn about obtaining a picture of the label but they said they couldn’t help. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to take some detailed pictures through the sound hole for me so I could have a new label replicated (You can blank out your serial number if you want). Here is a link to a couple of pictures of my HB50 so you know I’m not defrauding anyone

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76319442@N04/13602568725/in/album-72157632741036277/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76319442@N04/16102776584/in/dateposted-public/

I hope you can help me out?

All the best John

Anonymous

Re post above… not sure if my e-mail was given !

Anonymous

I have one of these, hardly ever played in Metallic ( ?) Red… just taking space up as I am getting older now Sounds fantastic …. E-mail me for photo

Anonymous

I’ve got one, bought in 1991 for £400 (UK) – this was an end of line clearance; the RRP was about £900. It’s taken a hell of a beating since then but it’s still my main guitar – I’d love to put it out to grass if I could find another one. I don’t suppose you’d sell me yours? 🙂 I think the finish was described as ‘honey’ – a sort of translucent amber. Not much sunburst to it.

Anonymous

I also have one. Fantastic guitar. Mine is light wood although the cherry version was produced in greater numbers.

Anonymous

I also have one. I’ve never found info on it allthough i believe when i bought it it was end of line. it’s a beautiful guitar, in fact the best i’ve ever owned. i gigged it for years and then i didnt play it for about 10 years. when i got it out again i couldnt believe how great it was. it sounds and plays phenomonal.

Anonymous

: this "RARE Guitar" was made in late 80`s-Semi hollow one f-hole on bass side..sunburst ,natural and cheery-Namm show got slow respones.. I have a cherry with both a proto and inside label-Killer guitar with super response and a dead on 1961 Gibson type neck(5.4Ibs).. I changed pickups and this beauty will wipe the floor with "ANY Les Paul"(Fat eric johnson- robben ford lead tones ..killer jazz and rythmn sounds).. a fluke from Washburn..I got my info directly from a washburn Rep at the show..less than 50 were made and no sunburst has been seen ..$1400.00 list in 1989..would cost triple today…birdseye maple top(mine has killer flame)mahogany back,sides ans one -piece mahogany neck..limited edition custom shop axe from a company known for far les quality-these were ALL made in Japan..(Steve Howe is reported to have one?)….

Anonymous

: : this "RARE Guitar" was made in late 80`s-Semi hollow one f-hole on bass side..sunburst ,natural and cheery-Namm show got slow respones.. I have a cherry with both a proto and inside label-Killer guitar with super response and a dead on 1961 Gibson type neck(5.4Ibs).. I changed pickups and this beauty will wipe the floor with "ANY Les Paul"(Fat eric johnson- robben ford lead tones ..killer jazz and rythmn sounds).. a fluke from Washburn..I got my info directly from a washburn Rep at the show..less than 50 were made and no sunburst has been seen ..$1400.00 list in 1989..would cost triple today…birdseye maple top(mine has killer flame)mahogany back,sides ans one -piece mahogany neck..limited edition custom shop axe from a company known for far les quality-these were ALL made in Japan..(Steve Howe is reported to have one?)…. i also have one. it is the most fantastic guitar i have ever played and it looks beautiful.

Anonymous

: I also have one. Fantastic guitar. Mine is light wood although the cherry version was produced in greater numbers.

Anonymous

I also have one and i would love to know more about it and a rough idea of what it’s worth. Mine is cherry and made of maple (I think!). It’s such a nice guitar to play but I just don’t know anything about it and would very much appreciate some feedback. Many thanx C

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.