Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics 7-string chords

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just picked up an Ibanez 7-string guitar (rgx720), thought it would be cake to find out how to play the thing. . .had another thing coming. Anybody have any insight on 7-strings playing rock? Any chords? Something? Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I just picked up an Ibanez 7-string guitar (rgx720), thought it would be cake to find out how to play the thing. . .had another thing coming. Anybody have any insight on 7-strings playing rock? Any chords? Something? Thanks. can u send me som pics of the chords …thanx

Anonymous

I play my six string like a 7 string with no high E. It is tuned the same as a 7 string’s 6 biggest strings. I tune my lowest to A, next to E, and standard on up. That lets you play chords shaped very much like dropped D tuning (flat barr chords)and gives you a "KoRn" sound. Staind’s Mike Mushok uses his guitar like I do, but he has some different tunings he uses;Ab Eb Ab Db Gb Bb/ Ab Eb Bb Db Gb Bb(what I like to use tuned down half a step)

Anonymous

wow i’m really pround of you man I think you’re just to fag to play with a 7. drop A sound like SHIT pure fucking SHIT Korn would laft on you if they see you dropping your guitar like that

Anonymous

Never heard of it. I’m curious. Can you describe it? How is it tuned? Is it a regular guitar but with an extra string or what?

Anonymous

i found out it’s tuned like a regular guitar, but the 7th string is tuned to a low A. The 7th is on the top, so ive just been ignoring it since i dont know how to play it. check out http://www.ibanez.com and look around for the rgx720 (that’s the one i got)

Anonymous

i can find nothing on rgx720, whats up with that

Anonymous

isn’t the 7th string usually tuned to a B??? I mean, you must be playing in Dropped tuning, coz that would mean that the last tree strings are tuned A, E, A, normally, that would be A, E, B,…right???

Anonymous

Randy’s right. It’s supposed to be a B in regular E tuning. For the chords, you do the math. If you play an open E chord, but one string down (or up.. depending.. not A-minor but the other way..) you’ll find that the G-string sounds a bit weird (sound like.. a Bsus4).. should be Gflat, so.. you can use the regular positions and fingering, a string down ofcourse, but keep that G string in mind, coz it will turn your major chord into sus4 ! cheers !

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.