Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Dave Creamer

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.] Some time back I bought some instructional material by jazz guitarist Dave Creamer and I was most impressed by Dave’s playing on the recording supporting his music book. I would like to know of any recordings by Dave and , also, what, musically, he is doing currently. Cheers , Frank ( England)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

The email on his website bounces

Anonymous

: Some time back I bought some instructional material by jazz guitarist Dave Creamer and I was most impressed by Dave’s playing on the recording supporting his music book. : I would like to know of any recordings by Dave and , also, what, musically, he is doing currently. : Cheers , : Frank ( England) Frank, Currently, I have three CD’s available. You can reach me at the above address. Thanks Dave Creamer

Anonymous

: Some time back I bought some instructional material by jazz guitarist Dave Creamer and I was most impressed by Dave’s playing on the recording supporting his music book.
      : I would like to know of any recordings by Dave and , also, what, musically, he is doing currently.
      : Cheers ,
      : Frank ( England)

Hi Frank,

I have studied privately with Dave, and your impressions of him, in my mind, are quite acurate. I have long since been upset by his lack of recognition, not only in the US, but worldwide. In my mind, having heard and studied with some world-renowned guitarists, Dave is easily one of the best alive in the "Modern Jazz" genre. His former students: Tuck Andress, Jason Becker, Will Bernard, Barry Finnerty, Rory Stuart and Joe Satriani (rumored former student) surely agree. You can hear his magnificent playing on the Miles Davis album On The Corner. Right now Dave is gigging and teaching in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you are ever there, you can be sure to find him playing in a small coffee shop on any given night. For those who are interested in recordings of and/or books by Dave, feel free to e-mail me, and I will contact Dave to see what is available. To the best of my knowledge, Dave has no recordings as a leader on a record label, so recordings of him are hard to come by. It truly is a shame. Thank you for your interest in Dave.

Ty Tuschen (Student/Admirer/Family Friend)

Anonymous

: Some time back I bought some instructional material by jazz guitarist Dave Creamer and I was most impressed by Dave’s playing on the recording supporting his music book.
      : I would like to know of any recordings by Dave and , also, what, musically, he is doing currently.
      : Cheers ,
      : Frank ( England)

I recently read (on Jason Becker’s homepage) that Dave Creamer is currently playing clubs in the San Francisco Bay area. Don’t know of any recordings, but would love to hear anything he’s done. If you happen to find anything, please post it!

-John- (Atlanta, USA)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.