Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Jedson guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi, I found a Red Jedson in the basement of my new home; could someone tell me how much is worth and how old is this mark? Thanks!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

i brought 2 jedsons not heard of them till now. i know there from japan 60-70’s

how ever i have restored them to be able to be use.

335 red sunburst with 2 pickups and a bigsby style trem.

and what people caling a telecaster same sunburst effect, both look like ply wood.

tele has 2 pickups and the tem too.

can any one help me find out more about them and there relative value ty kindly …

Anonymous

Hi, i have just bought a black 1960’s jedson les paul, got it for £200 and hope to sell it for 3x that!

Anonymous

It all depends on the year and what type of Jedson. Is it a lap steel? Do you have a photo?

Anonymous

: Hi, I found a Red Jedson in the basement of my new home; could someone tell me how much is worth and how old is this mark? Thanks! They were cheap starter guitars in the 70s, mine had two indifferent pickups and a particularly ineffective trem, white pickguard and a sunburst finish. It’s probably worth a 20 for nostalgic value!

Anonymous

: : Hi, I found a Red Jedson in the basement of my new home; could someone tell me how much is worth and how old is this mark? Thanks! : : They were cheap starter guitars in the 70s, mine had two indifferent pickups and a particularly ineffective trem, white pickguard and a sunburst finish. It’s probably worth a 20 for nostalgic value! Jedsons were an entry level guitar made in Japan over a 10 year period from the late 60’s to the late 70’s. They always struck me as heavy and thick copies of the somewhat more refined guitars they were meant to be copying. I wouldn’t have wanted to play one on stage in the 80’s, but they are now over thirty years old so any that have survived should be given some consideration.. In my opinion the value lies in it’s age and its curiosity value rather than as an axquisite istrument with classic tones !!

Anonymous

: : : Hi, I found a Red Jedson in the basement of my new home; could someone tell me how much is worth and how old is this mark? Thanks! : : : : They were cheap starter guitars in the 70s, mine had two indifferent pickups and a particularly ineffective trem, white pickguard and a sunburst finish. It’s probably worth a 20 for nostalgic value! : Jedsons were an entry level guitar made in Japan over a 10 year period from the late 60’s to the late 70’s. They always struck me as heavy and thick copies of the somewhat more refined guitars they were meant to be copying. I wouldn’t have wanted to play one on stage in the 80’s, but they are now over thirty years old so any that have survived should be given some consideration.. In my opinion the value lies in it’s age and its curiosity value rather than as an axquisite istrument with classic tones !! I HAVE A VERY OLD 1960S JEDSON TELE COPY.I GOT IT FOR £15BUT IT STAYS IN TUNE PERFECTLY. ITS ACTION IS AS GOOD AS MY IBANEZ JEM. THE TREM IS RUBISH THOUGH. BUT IT HAS A REALY COOL SOUND THROUGH A MARSHALL STACK WITH MORE POWER AND GUTS THAN MY 1950S REISUE STRAT. THE SOUND STAYS CLEAR AND IS NEVER MUDDY NO MATTER HOW MUCH DISTORTION YOU PUT IT THROUGH. AND THE CLEAN SOUND WITH BOTH PICKUPS ON IS REALY COOL. IT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE THE GUITAR ITS TRYING TO COPY AT ALL BUT ITS A WELCOME ADDITION TO MY COLLECTION EVAN IF IT IS WORTH ONLY £15. aNY GUITAR THAT HAS BEEN GIGED SCINCE TH 1960S AND IS STILL GOING NOW CANT BE THAT BAD AT ALL.

Anonymous

: : Hi, I found a Red Jedson in the basement of my new home; could someone tell me how much is worth and how old is this mark? Thanks! : i also have a black jedson and im led to believe production stopped in about 1970 my jedson is a more acurate copy of a les paul than the epiphone ie correct headstock shape it feeds back like a bastard on stage but i sorted it by fitting decent pickups they were only cheap in there day but are better built than some of the budget brands around today ps dont sell it use it. : They were cheap starter guitars in the 70s, mine had two indifferent pickups and a particularly ineffective trem, white pickguard and a sunburst finish. It’s probably worth a 20 for nostalgic value!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.