Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Mesa/boogie vs. Marshall 1959 SLP, vs Fender Prosonic

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

hi, i play in a hard rock/metal band and need a new amp. I was lookin at a mesa dual or triple rectifer head (what is the difference?), a 1959 marshall slp, and a fender prosonic, if any can please tell me anything about these it would be great.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

the 1959 slp has an awesome sound. personally this is what i would go with but i dont play in a metal band either. Pete Townshend (from The Who) used and still uses this head. Warren Haynes (The allman bros.) uses this head. very bright clean highs and earth shaking lows.

Anonymous

if you play in a hard rock/metal band i would use a mesa boogie dual rectifier. save your sheckles though because they are pricey. The guitarist from tool uses the dual rectifier over the triple. yes you lose a channel by going with the dual but the sound is so much better.

Anonymous

the difference is the triple rectifier is 3 channels and the dual rectifier is 2 channels. the dual sounds better

Anonymous

go for the mesa it has the power the best distortion ever and if your style in music changes so can it for more in or if you just want to talk guitar gear. Tom [email protected]

Anonymous

You know those are three VERY different amplifiers? I too am looking at a prosonic vs. MESA. I think one of the things to consider is that the prosonic has 2×10 speakers. Also both the channels share an EQ so you have to have a setting that works with both your clean and distortion sound. It does have a very good sound though. The rectos are much heavier more compressed sounding. They have separate EQ’s and many more bells and whistles. However, they are also more expensive. Bottom line: play them, trust your ears. But consider what you want to do with your sound, and if you need all the options, or whether you just want a straightforward sound.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.