Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics first guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i posted awhile back, but i now am able to spend a bit more and would like to get a fairly nice guitar. I am a complete beginner, and I have about 50 to spend. I have looked at Seagulls, Tacomas, and even some Martins…but i realy dont know how to choose. What do you reccomend? Any advice at all is appreciated.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

no question about my choice….get the big baby and youll have a great guitar to learn on and later you will get a higher end axe and you will always have the big baby for camping and parties and such

Anonymous

i think I have narrowed it down to the following guitars: Tacoma DM-9 Seagull S6 (cedar top) Seagull M6 (spruce top) Taylor Big Baby What do you reccomend? Does the slightly smaller size of the taylor have much affect on the sound? Any advice at all is appreciated.

Anonymous

Her’s my opinion. First gfuitar or 10 th guitar-buy it used. Nice thinhs about used are:cheaper,wood usually sounds better as it ages and resale. I you buy it and play it for a while and them pick up somethging you never saw before that blows yours away for about the same price, then you’ll probably be able to sell yours pretty close to waht you paid, assuming you got a good deal. I have the opposite opinion about First guitars; I think you should always a good one. If oyu’re just starting and the cheap one is hard to play or the sound sucks it will be real easy to get discouraged and quit-many people do this. On the other hand with a better used instrument it will play and sound much better and you might not even want to get rid of it ever, if it’s quality. If yo do deceide to quit you’ll still get a fair selling price. I’ve been playing over 40 yeARS And have had or have pretty much all of them. Here’s where I’d go if I wanted to stay under $500 with a case. I agree Seagull m-6 is anazing value, it competes with guitars 3 times it’s price. I’m not fam iliar with the other seagull, M-6 I think it was. Tacoma makes great guitars. Besides 2 taylors and many old Gibsons i presently have 6 Tacomas. I’v found some amazing deals on EBAY..lokk at the DM 8 or dm 9 if you like dreadnaughts. If you’d like any more info, you can alaways contact me. Bruce [email protected] By the way, my personal favorite Taylor is the 314, one of the lower priced ones but "it ain’t a Tacoma". I’m pretty much a finger picker but I do play both styles as well. i think I have narrowed it down to the following guitars: : Tacoma DM-9 : Seagull S6 (cedar top) : Seagull M6 (spruce top) : Taylor Big Baby : What do you reccomend? Does the slightly smaller size of the taylor have much affect on the sound? Any advice at all is appreciated.

Anonymous

: Her’s my opinion. : First gfuitar or 10 th guitar-buy it used. : Nice thinhs about used are:cheaper,wood usually sounds better as it ages and resale. : I you buy it and play it for a while and them pick up somethging you never saw before that blows yours away for about the same price, then you’ll probably be able to sell yours pretty close to waht you paid, assuming you got a good deal. : I have the opposite opinion about First guitars; I think you should always a good one. If oyu’re just starting and the cheap one is hard to play or the sound sucks it will be real easy to get discouraged and quit-many people do this. : On the other hand with a better used instrument it will play and sound much better and you might not even want to get rid of it ever, if it’s quality. : If yo do deceide to quit you’ll still get a fair selling price. : I’ve been playing over 40 yeARS And have had or have pretty much all of them. : Here’s where I’d go if I wanted to stay under $500 with a case. : I agree Seagull s-6 cedar is an amazing value, it competes with guitars 3 times it’s price. I’m not fam iliar with the other seagull, M-6 I think it was. : Tacoma makes great guitars. Besides 2 taylors and many old Gibsons i presently have 6 Tacomas. : I’v found some amazing deals on EBAY..lokk at the DM 8 or dm 9 if you like dreadnaughts. : If you’d like any more info, you can alaways contact me. : Bruce : [email protected] : By the way, my personal favorite Taylor is the 314, : one of the lower priced ones but "it ain’t a Tacoma". : I’m pretty much a finger picker but I do play both styles as well. : i think I have narrowed it down to the following guitars: : : Tacoma DM-9 : : Seagull S6 (cedar top) : : Seagull M6 (spruce top) : : Taylor Big Baby : : What do you reccomend? Does the slightly smaller size of the taylor have much affect on the sound? Any advice at all is appreciated.

Anonymous

i forgot to mention that i am getting an acoustic!

Anonymous

I say go for a Martin D28 if possible.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.