Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Peavey Classic 30 or Fender Hot Rod Deluxe?????

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hey Folks,

I am considering buying a new small power ( 30 – 40 W)tube amp and I am confusing about these two in the title. As I Play mainly Blues and Rock’n’roll, I would like your opinions about them.

Thanks in advance.

regards

Related News
    Fender Hot Rod Blues Junior III Amplifier
    Peavey Classic 30/112 Guitar Amp

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Hey Folks, : I am considering buying a new small power ( 30 – 40 W)tube amp and I am confusing about these two in the title. As I Play mainly Blues and Rock’n’roll, I would like your opinions about them. : Thanks in advance. : regards I’m not sure you can decide on an amp in isolation, and suggest you consider the rest of your setup before making your choice. I have been using a Peavey Classic 30 with Classic 112E extension speaker cabinet for about 4 years and I think it is a fantastic little amp. Your decision may depend on your choice of guitar. With my Strat it sounds very ordinary but with my Epiphone Les Paul and Epiphone Sheriton it is superb. For that extra bit of drive on the lead channel I use an Ibanez Tubescreamer with the Les Paul. It is the sound I always wanted. With the Strat I always use the amp clean and rely on a Boss ME-8 to get the tones I want.

Anonymous

: Hey Folks, : I am considering buying a new small power ( 30 – 40 W)tube amp and I am confusing about these two in the title. As I Play mainly Blues and Rock’n’roll, I would like your opinions about them. : Thanks in advance. : regards IF YOUR LOOKING FOR AN AMP THAT YOU CAN CRANK AND SOAK THE POWER TUBES A SMALL GIGS, PLEASE DON’T BUY THE DELUXE. THIS AMP GETS REAL LOUD REAL FAST—AND IT HAS A VERY STRIDENT TONE. I’D GO FOR THE PEAVEY—BUT, MAKE IT A CLASSIC 50. IT IS A FLEXIBLE AMP, SOUNDS GOOD AT MOST VOLUMES–AND IT SOUNDS 10 TIMES BETTER THAN A CLASSIC 30. OF COURSE, IF MONEY IS NO OBECT, CHECK OUT VICTORIA AMPS—KILLER TONE!!!

Anonymous

SSup? I’ve played both amps lookin for a small amp to use at small-medium sized gigs and rehearsals. Although the Peavey was an awesome sounding amp it did not quite keep the pace in regards to tone as the Fender did. However the difference in price made me realize that i could save some bucks if could sacrifice some tone (this was simply not a option…). In the end, I wound up with and old Crate VC30 that kicked ass almost as good as fender! I fixed that with a full compliment of Groove Tubes EL84’s & 12ax7’s and have an amp that is almost as transparent and clean as the fender with a very similar responce. The added plusses were; First i got the amp used for $125.00, the tubes ended up being another $50 (now im still only at $175.00) and the amp has the sweet saturated gain tones of the peavey, and then some! if i had the cash i would automatically opt for the fender, they a THE guitar and amp source and they stand firmly behind thier product.

Anonymous

: Hey Folks, : I am considering buying a new small power ( 30 – 40 W)tube amp and I am confusing about these two in the title. As I Play mainly Blues and Rock’n’roll, I would like your opinions about them. : Thanks in advance. : regards I don’t know the Classic 30, but I had a Classic 50 and traded it in for a Fender on account of the fact that the tone was far superior. I have a friend with a Hot Rod Deluxe and it’s a great sounding amp.

Anonymous

: Hey Folks, : I am considering buying a new small power ( 30 – 40 W)tube amp and I am confusing about these two in the title. As I Play mainly Blues and Rock’n’roll, I would like your opinions about them. : Thanks in advance. : regards

Anonymous

: : Hey Folks, : : I am considering buying a new small power ( 30 – 40 W)tube amp and I am confusing about these two in the title. As I Play mainly Blues and Rock’n’roll, I would like your opinions about them. : Hi there, I have the Hot Rod Deluxe and it’s a tone monster for Blues/Rock. Point made earlier, this is a VERY loud Amp, the volume control at home never goes past one! For clean tones there is no comparison, it is bell-like. Tastes differ on the overdrive, the tubes are 6L6s, Marshalls etc use EL34s, more punch, but hopeless clean tones. Personally, I love this amp to death and would buy another one. Cheers, Liam. Check out reviews on Harmony Central.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.