Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics ” STAGG” Guitars , anyone heard of them

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

i got this stagg guitar for xmas in 1975, it is a tele copy, looks the same as richard clapton used to play ( butterscotch finish) with F hole and maple neck.Any one know anything about them or have one , let me know

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Does a Stagg guitar F-180 (made in Japan) exist?

Anonymous

im thinking of bying one of these ,its very nice looking,,anyone have any info or opinions on these,,i know they were around in the 70,s this looks very nice,,any inf????? thanks

Anonymous

Hi, just to say I mae a MAJOR UPDATE to my Vintage Stagg website.

http://vintagestagg.altervista.org

After recent research, it is finally possible to partially trace the history of these guitars, which leads us without any doubt to the Fujigen factory, the same of Ibanez. And unquestionable similarities can now be found in some CIMAR catalogues, the Hoshino Gakki guitar brand related to Ibanez.
      And we also found Stagg’s “sister” European brand, i.e. EAGLE, based in France.

I’ll be grateful to anyone who could contribute with more information.

All the best,

Andrea

Anonymous

I have 77 strat stagg, better than originals produced now. If you take from shop Jeff Beck now – sounds ugly. Ash body gives perfect sound, Clapton, Gilmour, Blackmore and Jimi – no problem if you’re good player. There are two staggs, new is Belgian producer from ’90s.

These NB are from different Japan producer. Buy and enjoy.

Izzy

Anonymous

as i know Stagg is a middle class instrument. pretty good guitars for that price. if you add a new pick-up (an original)it’s just great. their homepage:www.staggmusic.com enjoy playing. RADdu

Anonymous

: i got this stagg guitar for xmas in 1975, it is a tele copy, looks the same as richard clapton used to play ( butterscotch finish) with F hole and maple neck.Any one know anything about them or have one , let me know HI, i just bought myself a Stagg guitar 3 days ago.Looks like a Gibson Les Paul Standard, black, and i am very pleased of the sound.It is easy to play, looks cool and on the to of it all IT WAS INCREDIBLY CHEAP !!! So go for it !!

Anonymous

WHAT IS THE SODDING STAGG WEBSITE? i have just bought a B.C. Rich Warlock copy and its nice but i want to find out stuff about it. if anyone knows please post a thing on this site. its anoying i have tried every music website i know and cant find any other stagg examples but im chuffed cause i got mine for £100 and it looks gr8 and plays quite well but better with better pick ups i expect! Alex

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I have a Stagg bass!

Anonymous

: Where can I mail order a stagg guitar from?

Anonymous

Hi there, I’m Joost from the Netherlands and I’ve just bought a Stagg guitar today and it’s pretty old but it sound really perfect, if this is a copy, it shure is a good one. I believe at first it was silver ,metallic but someone (unfortunately) painted it sort of mint-red like, not really pretty… but it’s sounds great, and that’s the idea.. mine is a telecaster too, it says at the top "made by NB", maybe that’ll help.
      I’m going to search for further info also, if I know more, maybe I’ll contact again.. mzzls

Anonymous

sorry for previous posting…error
      No,I’m sure Stagg has nothing to do with Fender,I think the "NB,Japan"(still want to know wich factory it is)made copy’s (in the early 70’s)from all well-known;or best-selling guitars and sold them through Stagg importers UK(the guitar $ ….)
      Still searching for that " made in Japan by NB"!!!!!!
      any one ??????

Anonymous

: I also have a STAGG, a jazzbass copy. I recently changed the bridge/tailpiece and it turned out to be a vast improvement of the sustain, as the wood is not bad at all, the original bridge was crap though. It seems to be a copy-brand, but does it have anything to do with Fender?

Anonymous

i just bought a stagg 57 les paul style guitar at a local pawn shop for 0, it works and I
      think its the best sounding guitar I own. It looks pretty bad somebody painted it white,
      I plan on refinishing it this summer and fixing it up. It was definitly worth the 0 I paid
      for it!

Anonymous

Might be a bit late, but I’ve just been looking @ a Stagg bass. Stagg also do elec components like jackleads etc. A good site is EMDmusic.be and click on the Stagg logo

Anonymous

: I bought a stagg gibson les paul replica and i paid £180 for it and i am very pleased with it. the owner of the shop said he ordered one just to see what it was like and he said that the quality was very good.

Anonymous

bought a Stagg electric today.According Paul Day STAGG was an UK importer brand of Japanese guitars in the mid 70’s.On mine there’s something else:"produced by N.B.";made in Japan
      Anybody knows what NB stands for?
      Thanks !

Anonymous

My Dad bought me a Stagg – Fender Jazz Bass copy 25 years ago. I’m still playing it and its going strong. I put nylon strings on it and it gives it a nice mellow sound. In 2000 I visited the Beatles Story museum in Liverpool and I was surprised to see a Stagg amp in the display cabinet of their early instruments. Does anyone know any more about Stagg???

Anonymous

I also have a STAGG, a jazzbass copy. I recently changed the bridge/tailpiece and it turned out to be a vast improvement of the sustain, as the wood is not bad at all, the original bridge was crap though. It seems to be a copy-brand, but does it have anything to do with Fender?

Anonymous

I have heard that stagg along with encor are the worst make of guitar and that i should go for the fender strat squire if i wanted a good guitar to learn on is this true.

Anonymous

man i was jus lookin for sum info on stagg cause i just bought a stagg flyin v copy and it seems pretty sweet

Anonymous

i have heard of stagg guitars. mine is a stagg. i hear thety make amplifiers too.

Anonymous

i played a stagg guitar in a shop in edinburgh, it was a fender jaguar copy, it sounded really good and was very cheap

Anonymous

Yeah! I got a stagg guitar, its a really meaty metal guitar kinda like the bc rich warlock but it needs a new bridge pickup:( anyone know if stagg have a website?????

Anonymous

What is staggs webpage?

Anonymous

: who’s richard clapton? did he play with the lawn birds? *L*

The president at the time was Eric Nixon. LOL

Anonymous

i am getting a stagg L350 for christmas this year and i really hope it lasts me but i did try it and it is the best guitar i have ever played it was £99 but now it has been put up to £119 but im not bothered because im not paying for it its a cherryburst les paul copy ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

could you give me a link of that stagg guitar? I’m also intrested in those guitars!

Anonymous

jes, i know those guitars, they are very black and i like them aloud…

Anonymous

I bought a STAGG electro-acoustic for £119. It sounds dam good and looks the part. Its the first guitar that I bought and i like it! Just can’t seem to find and official page for them…

Anonymous

the official stgg website is staggmusic.com for anyone who wants 2 know

Anonymous

i just bought a stagg guitar yesterday, £99 and worth every penny, its a strat copy, looks identical even the headstock its the same. sounds great too!!!!! its a gorgeous finish, red/black sunburst not a mark on it, the bloke in the shop looked really sad to let it go

Anonymous

I also hawe a Stag guitar, a Gibson Les Paul copy. A really nice guitar, the best les Paul copy i have had. Payed 380 € for it 8 months ago. : : who’s richard clapton? did he play with the lawn birds? *L* : The president at the time was Eric Nixon. LOL

Anonymous

who’s richard clapton? did he play with the lawn birds? *L*

Anonymous

yeh i got 1

Anonymous

I have a Stagg type Les Paul. I bought it in 2002. It’s a good guitar.

Anonymous

I bought a Stagg solid top jumbo acoustic today for £145.00. it,s a lot of guitar for that price, I am well pleased. Can,t find a site for them either!

Anonymous

i also have owned a stagg a perfect copy of a fender thinline, bought it @ a pawn shop for 60 dollars w/ a case in 1986. eventually some one stole it, now only if we knew who the heck is stagg guitars.

Anonymous

:I HAVE A STAGG DOBRO COPY, IT PLAYS AND SOUNDS GREAT. TRIED TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY BUT COULD NOT FIND.HOWEVER THEY COME THRU GERMANY WHEN PURCHASED IN EUROPE.

Anonymous

Does anyone knows Stagg’s official website?

Anonymous

My dad bought me a Stagg bass over 25 years ago in Newcastle, Australia and I’m still playing it today. It’s a Fender jazz copy and I’ve put nylon strings on it and it sounds great. It’s the only Stagg I’ve ever heard of before this site, but in Sept 2001 I visited the Beatles Story Museum in Liverpool and was pleasantly surprised to see a Stagg amp in a display case of early Beatles equipment. If any more info is available I’d appreciate being notified. Thanks

Anonymous

its not a top class make but it does the job

Anonymous

I tried a stagg strat copy at my local dealer (£99)new it played really well and the dealer told me it was made in the same factoy that makes squier guitars ?

Anonymous

i have one, i dont have any idea what it is but it has stagg on it. if any knows about them then could sum1 mail me info on them

Anonymous

I have…I play a stagg Les Paul myself…great tone…sounds a bit like a good Ibanez RG

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.