Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics classical guitar exam

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I am learning both electric guitar and classic guitar.
    Played both for about 2 years.

And I want to take grade five examination for classic guitar by the ABRSM. (associated board for royal schools of music)
    I havent taken any formal lessons and only practice on my own. And have never taken grade exams before.

Do I have any chance?
    Anyone with experience on the exam? any advice? Thank you all!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I would suggest you find a teacher in your area that has passed at least grade 3, call them and tell them what you are doing and ask if you can have one lesson to discuss the exam. I passed grade 5 RCM classical guitar last year and took two lessons beforehand that prepared me for it better than the syllibus alone could have. Jim in Canada : I am learning both electric guitar and classic guitar. : Played both for about 2 years. : And I want to take grade five examination for classic guitar by the ABRSM. (associated board for royal schools of music) : I havent taken any formal lessons and only practice on my own. And have never taken grade exams before. : Do I have any chance? : Anyone with experience on the exam? any advice? Thank you all!

Anonymous

: I would suggest you find a teacher in your area that has passed at least grade 3, call them and tell them what you are doing and ask if you can have one lesson to discuss the exam. : I passed grade 5 RCM classical guitar last year and took two lessons beforehand that prepared me for it better than the syllibus alone could have. : Jim in Canada : : I am learning both electric guitar and classic guitar. : : Played both for about 2 years. : : And I want to take grade five examination for classic guitar by the ABRSM. (associated board for royal schools of music) : : I havent taken any formal lessons and only practice on my own. And have never taken grade exams before. : : Do I have any chance? : : Anyone with experience on the exam? any advice? Thank you all! Just learn the scales from a guitar technique book for grade 5 and the arpegio’s too, and trust me you will have no problem

Anonymous

Dear sir My name is Ha I’v just started learn to play guita I live in HaNoi, capital of VietNam, counrty in south east of Asia I love to play guitar when I was child but my family was poor so i have no chance to perform my dream. I’ve been learning guita playing for 2 month, so I want receive a play guitar book and examinate document from you Thank a lot regard Ha

Anonymous

Dear sir My name is Ha I’v just started learn to play guita I live in HaNoi, capital of VietNam, counrty in south east of Asia I love to play guitar when I was child but my family was poor so i have no chance to perform my dream. I’ve been learning guita playing for 2 month, so I want receive a play guitar book and examinate document from you Thank a lot regard Ha

Anonymous

hi there! i’ve done grades up to 4 but not further due to exams. dont take offence but usually for Grade 5 you would have been playing for 4-5 years… Have you seen any of the pieces you have to play? you will also have to play many scales, (major,minor)and prhaps 2-3 octaves, and chromatic scales (every semitone) and arpeggios. there are aural tests (singing) and commenting on music. (i did Grade 5 violin, so have a good idea). Perhaps you could talk to a guitar teacher and see what they think? good luck anyway. i have seen people jump in at Grade 8 having never done grades before, so you may be lucky!

Anonymous

We would like to obtain the list of pieces to play for Grade 5 ( AMEB . Would anyone be able to provide ? We were advised that from grade 5 onwards, these are not available in the set Grade books published.

Anonymous

Thanks for your ideas!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.