Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Vox (Vigilante)

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Ok, I got a Vox Vigilante guitar amplifier 2nd hand. No clean can be gotten from it at a decent volume. The level of volume without distortion would be less than a 10W amp, the Vigilante is 100W. So does anyone know what’s up with that? Anyone know anything at all about the amp? It’s a very, very rare guitar amp. It’s the last Vox transistor amplifier made in a certain place in England. So..

Related Articles:
    Vox AC30C2X Blues Amp
    Vox is in our list of the best Loop Pedals
    VOX Pathfinder 10-Watt Portable Bass Amp

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi there,I have a Vox vigilante 100 watt amp,these were especially made by Vox for the famous Rose Morris music shops based in London in the 90s. i purchased mine second hand in a Leeds music shop in the 80s, for £99.i just loved the bluesy guitar sound from it,i have also used it with my korg keyboard which also sounds good.has also the blue vox speaker.

yes it does not sound that loud for a 100watt. but for under £100 and the tone what more do you want.you can always boost it with a overdrive pedal if you want.

yes it can be a bit noisy sometimes.mine more so,when switching it off.

have just got it in bits at the moment, as just checking it over as its been stored.

cheers bry

Anonymous

Let me tell you that:
      1. It’s the best one I’ve had: I came back in search for reviews on my amp and couldn’t find but my comments 10 years ago.
      2. not using valves is OK, I use a tonelab before the amp, with a very especial and rare valve rich on harmonics and it’s just amazing
      3. it’s sound is unique. that square sound, if being pre-amplified by a hot valve is just perfect.

when others say u can get any clean out of it at decent volume i think, it’s soooo crunchy.

I don’t like it’s noise when recording, it’s not a AAA amp…

I’ll keep it.

Anonymous

Same here mate. There is nothing wrong with it, it’s just a pants amp. I took mine to my local music shop at first cos I thought there was something wrong with it, and he said it looked like a very budget amp and is probably meant to be like that. He wasn’t entirely sure, but I didn’t think it was worth the £30 fee for his repair company just to have a look at it. I’m sure now though, because of your post. How much did you pay for yours? Mine was £150, which was a complete rip-off. I’d probably only sell it for 100, and only that becuase I’m feeling mean. I’m getting a better amp now. Sergio: don’t do it man. : Ok, I got a Vox Vigilante guitar amplifier 2nd hand. No clean can be gotten from it at a decent volume. The level of volume without distortion would be less than a 10W amp, the Vigilante is 100W. So does anyone know what’s up with that? Anyone know anything at all about the amp? It’s a very, very rare guitar amp. It’s the last Vox transistor amplifier made in a certain place in England. So..

Anonymous

Same here mate. There is nothing wrong with it, it’s just a pants amp. I took mine to my local music shop at first cos I thought there was something wrong with it, and he said it was probably a very budget amp and is probably meant to be like that. He wasn’t entirely sure, but I didn’t think it was worth the £30 fee for his repair company just to have a look at it. I’m sure now though, because of your post. How much did you pay for yours? Mine was £150, which was a complete rip-off. I’d probably only sell it for 100, and only that becuase I’m feeling mean. I’m getting a better amp now. Sergio: don’t do it man. : Ok, I got a Vox Vigilante guitar amplifier 2nd hand. No clean can be gotten from it at a decent volume. The level of volume without distortion would be less than a 10W amp, the Vigilante is 100W. So does anyone know what’s up with that? Anyone know anything at all about the amp? It’s a very, very rare guitar amp. It’s the last Vox transistor amplifier made in a certain place in England. So..

Anonymous

Hey there, I´ll be getting one by the internet here in Spain shortly, I´ll tell u about it then, would u send me some specs of it? I wanna know a few things bfore i buy it : Ok, I got a Vox Vigilante guitar amplifier 2nd hand. No clean can be gotten from it at a decent volume. The level of volume without distortion would be less than a 10W amp, the Vigilante is 100W. So does anyone know what’s up with that? Anyone know anything at all about the amp? It’s a very, very rare guitar amp. It’s the last Vox transistor amplifier made in a certain place in England. So..

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.