Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics ANYONE HEARD OF FENDER DG-17M acoustic????korean

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi , please help I have had this model for 4 years I have tried every search engine to find out about this guitar including fender’s own site!!, but I have found nothing, does anyone out there own one or can you give me advice!!.

many thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jason
      Participant

I saw a listing on eBay where one sold for £119:
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-DG-17m-acoustic-guitar-Made-in-Korea-MIK-mid-90s-/132966385667

Here’s part of the description:

This is a very nicely built acoustic dreadnought style guitar. these were built to good standard during the Korean era of Fender construction in around 1996-98. It plays, feels and sounds good. Definitely much better quality all round than current lower-end Fenders I have played. I think this would equate to a £300+ guitar if bought new today.

Very light easy action and good intonation and fretboard. According to info I have found online the top is spruce and the sides and back are nato wood. The finish is satin rather than gloss lacquer.

Fender DG-17M Acoustic Guitar

Anonymous

I’ve owned and still have this guitar for over 30years. Never had to buy another acoustic since.

Anonymous

I have owned one of these guitars since newish.
      I will not let it go. I purchased the display model and refused a new boxed guitar.
      I roughly purchased this around the beginning of 1997.
      The store I purchased it in was Goodwins on capel st in Dublin Ireland.
      I have since moved to the USA and it’s still with me.
      I use Daddario med-light strings on it and the action is set up perfect I feel.
      I have been asked to sell but kindly refuse.
      What specifically do you need to know

Anonymous

hello!!!
      i have this fender mondel since 1997…I bought this guitar with the today currency about 1300 euros.
      it’s my best guitar ever!!!!

Anonymous

… what do you need to know?

Anonymous

i bought one today from a junk shop- plays really well and i only paid £60 for it- yay! if youve found out anything about it id like to know cos i dont know anything about it either. thanks

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.