Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Hopf Guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Anyone know where I can find info on old Hopf guitars? I have an acoustic/electric from the fifties and want to determine the exact model and date. Also, any suggestions on a good restorer for this?
    Thanks, Chris

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

my guitar s fretboard extends over the soundboard like a violin and a thick neck made without an adjusting rod. the logo of the bird and tennis racket are a metal decal on the tailpiece it is a single cutaway with a pearl pickguard unusual in appearance but beautiful Does anyone have early advertising pictures of this guitar when it was first in a guitar catalogue thanks

Anonymous

Paul Iverson sorks out of a Tom Lee Music store in North Vancouver, BC, Canada. He can fix Hopf guitars (and others) beautifully. I’ll bet you have neck problems with yours. They all do. However, Paul can make yours as good as a D’Aquisto.

Anonymous

: Anyone know where I can find info on old Hopf guitars? I have an acoustic/electric from the fifties and want to determine the exact model and date. Also, any suggestions on a good restorer for this? : Thanks, Chris

Anonymous

I have an acoustic jazz style Hopf guitar which I bought in 1957. It’s not the greatest guitar in the world but it set me on the way to a great deal of musical enjoyment when the idea of owning a Gibson etc was only a dream. There must be dozens of others out there somewhere surely.

Anonymous

: Anyone know where I can find info on old Hopf guitars? I have an acoustic/electric from the fifties and want to determine the exact model and date. Also, any suggestions on a good restorer for this? : Thanks, Chris

Anonymous

Anyone ever get more info on this? I now also have a hopf archtop, thinline electric 335 copy, vintage unknown, would love to know more about it. Kind of a cool old beast–lovely tone.

Anonymous

Chris did you find anything ???

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.