Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics What is the best Distortion Pedal?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

What is the best distortion pedal on the marke now? I have an old "Heavy Metal" Pedal by Boss. I got this pedal many years ago and reasoned that there might be something better out there now.

What Distortion Pedal do you use.

Robert Lee Johnson
    The Guitar Man

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I just got a MT-2 or a Metal Zone and i hook it up to my marshall100 stack and it is by far the best dist. pedal that ive tried highly recommended!

Anonymous

I just got a Jackhammer, & I love it. It is very tube-like in the overdrive mode.

I have a little Marshall Valvestate 15 that I run it through, & it sounds bigger and ballsier than any other pedal out there.

I tried every pedal on the market that has a decent reputation (Tubescreamer, Boss DS-1, Rat, etc…) and this pedal is head & shoulders above them.

Give it a try, you’ll be totally happy.

Anonymous

THE BEST DISTORCION PEDAL IS THE MT2 METAL ZONE BY BOSS, BECAUSE IS THE MOST BRUTAL AND AGRESIVE DISTORCION EVER MADE, THE DEATH METAL DOD IS A PIECE OF CHED I PREFER THE METAL ZONE. FUCK YOU…….

Anonymous

: does anyone know much about the jackhammer by marshall?
      : i know its got the same sorta eq knobs as the metal zone, but apparently its got a more ogranic sound. anyone know?

Anonymous

: : does anyone know much about the jackhammer by marshall? : : i know its got the same sorta eq knobs as the metal zone, but apparently its got a more ogranic sound. anyone know? I just tested the Jackhammer and the Boss Metal Zone the other day. The Jackhammer has a much warmer tone and lots more variety.

Anonymous

does anyone know much about the jackhammer by marshall?
      i know its got the same sorta eq knobs as the metal zone, but apparently its got a more ogranic sound. anyone know?

Anonymous

: What is the best distortion pedal on the marke now? I have an old "Heavy Metal" Pedal by Boss. I got this pedal many years ago and reasoned that there might be something better out there now.

: What Distortion Pedal do you use.

: Robert Lee Johnson
      : The Guitar Man
      : http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman

I think the most versatile stomp box, has to be the Sansamp Gt2. Which can emulate 9 different sounds, but that is more of an amp simulator. I think the best value on the market has to be the original Ratt distortion pedal. I think it comes down to taste. Check out as many as you could, also think of your price range. A Ratt is more of that Boss price range (0). The sansamp is 80, so there is a difference. I also heard that the Snarling Dog distortion is good too.

Anonymous

I own a digitech metal master, it lets you morph between various stompboxes, great buy for your money ($80) and little more versital than boss

Anonymous

I love pedals but for that Metal sound the Bozz MT-2 or MetalZone as its know is still my all time bang for buck winner, it makes anything sound HUGE. Having said that i have bought myself a SansAmp GT2 and it rocks, plugged into the effects loop of my Marshall 100watt tube head it sounds great, more natural sounding than the BOSS MT2 but hey it costs a lot more too. Pick your pricepoint and have at it. Hope this helps ya out. Chris http://www.1800instruments.com Australia’s On-Line Guitar Shop. : : What is the best distortion pedal on the marke now? I have an old "Heavy Metal" Pedal by Boss. I got this pedal many years ago and reasoned that there might be something better out there now. : : What Distortion Pedal do you use. : : Robert Lee Johnson : : The Guitar Man : : http://www.mp3.com/theguitarman : I think the most versatile stomp box, has to be the Sansamp Gt2. Which can emulate 9 different sounds, but that is more of an amp simulator. I think the best value on the market has to be the original Ratt distortion pedal. I think it comes down to taste. Check out as many as you could, also think of your price range. A Ratt is more of that Boss price range ($80). The sansamp is $180, so there is a difference. I also heard that the Snarling Dog distortion is good too.

Anonymous

: What is the best distortion pedal on the marke now? I have an old "Heavy Metal" Pedal by Boss. I got this pedal many years ago and reasoned that there might be something better out there now.

the best distortion pedal toy can buy is the Boss Heavy metal, however, if you want screaming feedback with complete control, i sugest you look at the Tokai fs1 or the boss feedbacker, or if you want to play all types of guitar , which im sure you dont try the M E 1
      IT WILL BLOW YOURE HEAD OFF PS I USE THE HEAVY METAL AS WELL , SO DO 30,000 OTHERS

Anonymous

the best distortion pedal toy can buy is the Boss Heavy metal, however, if you want screaming feedback with complete control, i sugest you look at the Tokai fs1 or the boss feedbacker, or if you want to play all types of guitar , which im sure you dont try the M E 1
      IT WILL BLOW YOURE HEAD OFF

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.