Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics GVOX-Guitar Notation

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Where can I find a midi device that will record music and print the notation?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

just picked up one of these at a thrift store…never been opened..has all included parts…problem is it opperates on olllllldddd windows, and olllllld mac systems…was thinking of finding an old beater computer just to test this thing out and see if it works…I thought it would be cool if i could print out sheet music of my songs just by playing them …could be possible to adapt the 15 pin to usb via extension, now just to find a way to run this old ass software on a new computer…hmmmm any ideas?

Anonymous

just picked up one of these at a thrift store…never been opened..has all included parts…problem is it opperates on olllllldddd windows, and olllllld mac systems…was thinking of finding an old beater computer just to test this thing out and see if it works…I thought it would be cool if i could print out sheet music of my songs just by playing them …could be possible to adapt the 15 pin to usb via extension, now just to find a way to run this old ass software on a new computer…hmmmm any ideas?

Anonymous

All you have to do is create a new partition and install either WinXP or Win98. WinXP should work fine. You can get the WindowsXP online. I actually have partition software running, winXP, 7 and10. GL.

Anonymous

: Where can I find a File or plug in that will allow me to use my GVox Guitar program with WinXP?

Anonymous

: Where can I find a midi device that will record music and print the notation?

Anonymous

I’m pretty sure the new Roland V-Guitar pickups (GR or VG systems)would transmit the notes. But you will probably need a Cakewalk (Sonar) type software product to actually capture the MIDI note values. I tried out the pickup and it seemed to transmit the MIDI data correctly to the Roland GR/VG’s brain, so I’d think it would work right going from the brain to the sofware. Unfortunately, it’s quite pricey ($800-900 – musicians friend). I also saw the AndrenaLinn Guitar Groove Box ($299) that has MIDI ins /outs on it. It may work for your needs, too. Hope this helps. : : Where can I find a midi device that will record music and print the notation?

Anonymous

you might want to check out musiciansfriend computer software – i know they have fancy recording software but i doub t that it will print notation.

Anonymous

My old connector uses a 15 pin, My new laptop uses USB ports

Anonymous

I saw a review or ad (something) for some software like that at wholenote.com not too long ago, but the packages I’ve seen/tried haven’t worked too well (seem to work best w/keyboards)… but it’s been awhile and I’am sure they are getting better. : you might want to check out musiciansfriend computer software – i know they have fancy recording software but i doub t that it will print notation.

Anonymous

I got G-VOX for Guitar and hooked it up to my PC. Nobody said anything about it being made for Windows 95 when I was at the store thinking of buying it! I got aroung that problem with Windows O.S>’s "Program Compatability Wizard." There are files missing, the settings that you have to arrange so that your guitar can communicate with your PC won’t open at all! I tried to contact the manufacturer but they won’t list ANY phone number (HOW CONVENIENT!) This software sucks! I believe that they knew it was crap when they put it on the market! If you’ere thinking of buying ANY software that’s been put on the market through the same people who manufacture G-VOX Guitar (LYRUS), it should be written "LYURS" DON’T BUY ANYTHING THEY MAKE!!!!!! They now have a few more supposed software for guitar recording called "Encore", "Music Time Deluxe", and "Music Tracks Pro." I’d bet my life that most of these software "programmers" can’t even play a guitar! I make them from scratch! This program SUCKS!!! I don’t even care if any of their others really work or not. They’ve gotten me for $100.00 now for BULLSHIT!!!!

Anonymous

Dude, if you have the 95b drivers, I’d really be intersted. I bought the GVOX in 96 before Fender got it. I saw the Lyrrus demo at the 95 NAMM show and when I used it on my 486 with Windows 3.11 it worked great. GVOX is supposed to coming out with W2K and XP drivers, but I’d settle for 95 or 98 drivers, if you or anyone else could post them. I really works cool if you can step back in OS’s. But you’re right about Lyrrus. I tried calling them just after they closed – another office in their building said they cleared out overnight – sonsabitches. harry evan : G-VOX for Guitar and hooked it up to my PC. Nobody said anything about it being made for Windows 95 when I was at the store thinking of buying it! I got aroung that problem with Windows O.S>’s "Program Compatability Wizard." There are files missing, the settings that you have to arrange so that your guitar can communicate with your PC won’t open at all! I tried to contact the manufacturer but they won’t list ANY phone number (HOW CONVENIENT!) This software sucks! I believe that they knew it was crap when they put it on the market! If you’ere thinking of buying ANY software that’s been put on the market through the same people who manufacture G-VOX Guitar (LYRUS), it should be written "LYURS" DON’T BUY ANYTHING THEY MAKE!!!!!! They now have a few more supposed software for guitar recording called "Encore", "Music Time Deluxe", and "Music Tracks Pro." I’d bet my life that most of these software "programmers" can’t even play a guitar! I make them from scratch! This program SUCKS!!! I don’t even care if any of their others really work or not. They’ve gotten me for $100.00 now for BULLSHIT!!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.