Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Teisco Del Rey ET-200

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I recently purchased a Teisco Del Rey ET-200 at an auction for 0. I think this guitar is a cool find. It was made around the late 60s in Japan! It was in pretty sad shape when I got it. I have it almost completely restored. I am currently (attempting) to rewire it due to the fact that the wiring was pretty rusted out. Fortunately the pick ups are in good order. It has two harmonica looking pickups, two switches, volume and tone.

The bridge is … well…interesting. It has
    a chrome piece that you can pull off, it kinda looks
    like an ash tray when you pull it off.

Does anyone know where I can find that chrome piece and a proper wiring diagram for the components. I am more interested in a wiring diagram. Any suggeestions would be helpful. Books, online resources or anything of that nature would be great. If any one has the chrome bridge cover part and is interested in selling… I am interested in buying.The local guitar shops won’t really help me because they feel the Del Rey isn’t worth their time. They also tell me it’s not worth my time. I really like this guitar for its nostalgic properties.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

my first electric guitar, bought for thirty dollars. guitar and amp together was 69.99 at Ben Franklin’s. Surprisingly good neck but the pickups are indeed a joke. I would not put expensive pickups in it. If youre going to buy duncans put them in a better axe, if just a $150 epiphone. The playability just isnt there. As far as replacing a neck. just make sure you get the correct scale length – the distance between the bridge and the nut= and any neck will work. It should be a standard scale. I bought a fender replacement from mighty mite, a licensed replacement mfr.

Anonymous

I got one of these guitars from my grandpa when I was a teenage and just recently did some research to figure out what it is. The wiring and pickups are pretty much trash and since it’s not really a collectors item I am planning on just customizing it. I want to get a country/blues sound out of it. Does anyone have any suggestions for pickups and any other parts I could use to get this type of sound out of it?

Anonymous

: I recently purchased a Teisco Del Rey ET-200 at an auction for $10. I think this guitar is a cool find. It was made around the late 60s in Japan! It was in pretty sad shape when I got it. I have it almost completely restored. I am currently (attempting) to rewire it due to the fact that the wiring was pretty rusted out. Fortunately the pick ups are in good order. It has two harmonica looking pickups, two switches, volume and tone. : The bridge is … well…interesting. It has : a chrome piece that you can pull off, it kinda looks : like an ash tray when you pull it off. : Does anyone know where I can find that chrome piece and a proper wiring diagram for the components. I am more interested in a wiring diagram. Any suggeestions would be helpful. Books, online resources or anything of that nature would be great. If any one has the chrome bridge cover part and is interested in selling… I am interested in buying.The local guitar shops won’t really help me because they feel the Del Rey isn’t worth their time. They also tell me it’s not worth my time. I really like this guitar for its nostalgic properties.

Anonymous

A great place for you to start on some research would be http://www.teiscotwangers.com There is a tonne of info there. I am hoping to be so lucky as to find a teisco myself. A friend of mine has a bad habit of finding them at garage sales and thrift stores for cheap so he buys them…of course he doesn’t tell me about them and I still remain with out. One day I will beat him to the punch and find a killer deal on one. So good luck on the diagrams and feel free to drop me a line..I can likely pull apart one of my friends and create a wiring diagram if you really needed.

Anonymous

i got this gutiar form an old guy for a present and i was wondering what you guys would price it…??? im trying to sell it to get a new one!!! e-mail me at [email protected]

Anonymous

: I recently purchased a Teisco Del Rey ET-200 at an auction for $10. I think this guitar is a cool find. It was made around the late 60s in Japan! It was in pretty sad shape when I got it. I have it almost completely restored. I am currently (attempting) to rewire it due to the fact that the wiring was pretty rusted out. Fortunately the pick ups are in good order. It has two harmonica looking pickups, two switches, volume and tone. : The bridge is … well…interesting. It has : a chrome piece that you can pull off, it kinda looks : like an ash tray when you pull it off. : Does anyone know where I can find that chrome piece and a proper wiring diagram for the components. I am more interested in a wiring diagram. Any suggeestions would be helpful. Books, online resources or anything of that nature would be great. If any one has the chrome bridge cover part and is interested in selling… I am interested in buying.The local guitar shops won’t really help me because they feel the Del Rey isn’t worth their time. They also tell me it’s not worth my time. I really like this guitar for its nostalgic properties. I have a Teisco ?G-30 that I bought in the Philippines Clark Air Base Exchange for $25 in 1962. I have been it playing since then. Recently I broke the neck. My friend assures me that a neck is a neck any neck will work. It dosent have to be a Teisco. I’m not so sure. I’m taking the neck off now and am going to take it to the guitar repair shops and found out. I may need to find a Teisco neck. As far as your wiring problem. I was an aircraft electrician for 4 years in the Air Force and I now have my own TV/VCR repair shop. I am sure I could draw you out a schematic diagram. All I need is a list of all components mounted on you Del Rey body. (I don’t know what a Del Ray looks like. A picture of my ?g-30 can be found at http://www.guitaremporium.com.au/guitars.html\ it’s the Teisco citra 65 found on that page.) Back to list of components my guitar has : 3 pick-ups 3 pick-up ON/OFF switches 3 pick-up Volume Controls 1 Tone Control 1 Standard Guitar Jack I need to know the list of your guitar. Also if you have taken off the plate where the Volume Controls are located. I need to know of any discrete components found inside such as a capacitor hooked to the Tone Control.

Anonymous

The mother lode for Teisco parts and service (as well as Eko, Hagstrom, etc) is Subway Guitars in Berkely, CA. The owner, who goes by the name of Fat Dog, has bought warehouses full of bodies, necks, and other parts over the years. You can actually buy a brand new "old" guitar made entirely of authentic NOS parts from them, and they actually set them up to play, unlike a lot of the original factory models. If you need parts or anything else for yer Teisco, get in touch withg Fat Dog, you won’t be sorry.

Anonymous

: The mother lode for Teisco parts and service (as well as Eko, Hagstrom, etc) is Subway Guitars in Berkely, CA. The owner, who goes by the name of Fat Dog, has bought warehouses full of bodies, necks, and other parts over the years. You can actually buy a brand new "old" guitar made entirely of authentic NOS parts from them, and they actually set them up to play, unlike a lot of the original factory models. If you need parts or anything else for yer Teisco, get in touch withg Fat Dog, you won’t be sorry. Can you believe it? Just minuets before I read your followup. I got off the phone with Subway Guitars, (I got the number from a local guitar shop). Fat Dog was out to lunch. I will be calling hem back in a little while. This is very convenient for me as I live in San Francisxco. Any way thank you very much for your help. Did Christopher ever get his wiring diagram ? Do you know?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.