Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics STARFIELD GUITARS (JAPAN) ARE THEY ANY GOOD ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: They’re better than good they’re awesome. The USA ones are even better. I owned six of them at one time. : .

Anonymous

: I have played a few Starfields (I spent 11 years in guitar retail),and I found them to be very good tonally; the most amazingly thin flat neck neck with 24 frets was a dream to use;pickups were average to good.Probably suited to the "shredder" player. : .

Anonymous

Okay, I’ll admit a slight bias as I own a couple of these guitars but I think that they are the best guitars Ibanez have ever produced. I agree that they are suited to the shredder but the fact is that they looked rather conservative when everybody was still buying neon pink guitars. As far as I’m aware, this was the reason for the demise of these guitars. I would suggest that they suited to a much broader range of styles – the neck position (seymour duncan) on my Altair USA custom is a huge round sound that works equally well for a blues/jazz sound as it does for that bass-heavy butch vig/smashing pumkins sound.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.