Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Dan Armstrong Pick-Up

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have an original Dan Armstrong Lucite electric guitar but it’s missing the original pick-up. Does anyone have a pick-up for this guitar for sale?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I have an original Dan Armstrong Lucite electric guitar but it’s missing the original pick-up. Does anyone have a pick-up for this guitar for sale? No, But there is a chassis made to put any pick up in it

Anonymous

: I have an original Dan Armstrong electric Bass in Plexi glass but it’s missing the original pick-up. Does anyone have a pick-up for this guitar for sale?

Anonymous

I Believe I have one!

Anonymous

I know that Dan is still around. His son (I can’t remember his name) is known world wide for his pickups, but I believe that he lives somewhere in Britain. The Dan Armstrong pickup basically slides into that grove you see there and then a small bolt from the back of the guitar holds it in place. At least two types of pickups were available – two different types of tones, I imagine. The pickups were a dark brown kind of ceramic/plastic looking things. I’ve owned both a DA bass and a DA guitar. On the bass, the PU was chipped and lost a lot of it’s "oomph". The guitar PU was okay (certainly not as good as a humbucker though), but it wouldn’t stay in tune for anything. That’s one of the drawbacks to the DA lucite guitars. They seem to be known for dropping out of tune. I have heard of people who modified their DAs to hold a humbucker, but I wouldn’t suggest you go that route. It’s a HUGE pain in the butt and it really doesn’t sound all that great. Besides, you’d ruin what value there is in the guitar if you modified in any way. I would be interested in your Armstrong if you are thinking of selling it. I’m not a dealer or anything like that. Just a normal average guy. But I have been lookking for another one for a couple of years now. Let me know if you are interested. Good luck on finding a pickup. Finding a specific pickup that was made from 69 to 72 (or so) will probably be like finding a needle in a haystack. If you need any other info, I can probably find it for you – just ask. DALE ( [email protected] )

Anonymous

: I know that Dan is still around. His son (I can’t remember his name) is known world wide for his pickups, but I believe that he lives somewhere in Britain. The Dan Armstrong pickup basically slides into that grove you see there and then a small bolt from the back of the guitar holds it in place. At least two types of pickups were available – two different types of tones, I imagine. : The pickups were a dark brown kind of ceramic/plastic looking things. I’ve owned both a DA bass and a DA guitar. On the bass, the PU was chipped and lost a lot of it’s "oomph". The guitar PU was okay (certainly not as good as a humbucker though), but it wouldn’t stay in tune for anything. That’s one of the drawbacks to the DA lucite guitars. They seem to be known for dropping out of tune. I have heard of people who modified their DAs to hold a humbucker, but I wouldn’t suggest you go that route. It’s a HUGE pain in the butt and it really doesn’t sound all that great. Besides, you’d ruin what value there is in the guitar if you modified in any way. : I would be interested in your Armstrong if you are thinking of selling it. I’m not a dealer or anything like that. Just a normal average guy. But I have been lookking for another one for a couple of years now. Let me know if you are interested. : Good luck on finding a pickup. Finding a specific pickup that was made from 69 to 72 (or so) will probably be like finding a needle in a haystack. If you need any other info, I can probably find it for you – just ask. : DALE ( [email protected] ) From John, There were 7 original pick ups Rock Treble & Bass Countru Treble & Bass Jazz Treble & Bass & double coli humbucker I have 5 of the 7. I had some chassis made so fender & gibson pick could be installed. What do you guys think?

Anonymous

: I know Dan’s so Kent will respomd to e-Mail..I own a proto type Bass as well as a P001 proto guitar. He has pickups for replacement.. just go to google and type KENT ARMSTRONG he has a site. good luck, Keith

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.