Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Does the the BOSS GT3 make any NOISE or HUM when hooked up to the AMP

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’m thinking of buying a BOSS GT3. I have a few BOSS pedals already that I have had for years. When I hook them up to a BOSS 9 volt poer suppy I get lots of HUM and NOISE. it drive me crazy. If I just use the effect pedals and a small battery I get no noise at all. Things are great then. I like the versitiliy of the GT3 and I need some new effects. What do you think.

Related Gear:
    Do you agree that Boss makes the best Distortion Pedal?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

buy the gt3, it’s best perchase you’ll ever make. there is no hum or buzz at all, it’s a no joke pedal, and ever guitar player that see’s yours and doesn’t have one will want one and tell u how awsome the pedal is.

Anonymous

: :I use a BOSS GT3 through a marshall 265vs and there is some huming

Anonymous

when I use my gt3 with the amp (marshal I think) of a friend it allways produces a hum.

when I use it with my amp or the one from another friend its no problem.

Anonymous

: I’m thinking of buying a BOSS GT3. I have a few BOSS pedals already that I have had for years. When I hook them up to a BOSS 9 volt poer suppy I get lots of HUM and NOISE. it drive me crazy. If I just use the effect pedals and a small battery I get no noise at all. Things are great then. I like the versitiliy of the GT3 and I need some new effects. What do you think.

JD: I think you’ve got to check the Amperage on the adapter and compare it to the required amperage on the pedal. I had the same thing with my DOD Ice Box Chorus pedal. It needed 200 milliamps, and I was pumping around 1200 milliamps into it. There was a loud humming. That’s one possible solution. I know and can explain the physics reason behind it, but don’t feel like it here.

Anonymous

:I use a BOSS GT3 through my Peavey-there is no noise problems – there is a noise supresser on the GT3 with is adjustable
      You shouldnt have any hum
      Good luck

Anonymous

I have a BOSS GT-3 which I run through a Hughes&Kettner
      amp and I don’t have a noise problem. U might wanna look @ your cables. Sometimes noise and hum can be
      hard 2 track down. If it is in the power supply U’re using
      U shouldn’t have a problem with the GT-3 because it
      comes with it’s own power supply.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.