Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Rented Hohner guitar

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

40 years ago, or so, I used to play guitar. Like many guys in my era I learned by playing with others who were pretty good. I purchased a fairly expensive "Yamaha" and with several years of practice became fairly proficient. But then things changed… Viet Nam, college, marriage, kids, career, etc. and I lost interest and had no time for the guitar. The one thing I never learned though, was how to read music, so several months ago I started taking guitar lessons with the sole purpose of learning to read. Since my old "Yamaha" was long gone, I opted to rent a guitar for now. It is a "Hohner" model HW300G. I’m now considering purchasing this guitar but don’t know its value. It was leased brand new about 4 months ago. Can you give me the marketprice?

Thanks, Ken

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: 40 years ago, or so, I used to play guitar. Like many guys in my era I learned by playing with others who were pretty good. I purchased a fairly expensive "Yamaha" and with several years of practice became fairly proficient. But then things changed… Viet Nam, college, marriage, kids, career, etc. and I lost interest and had no time for the guitar. The one thing I never learned though, was how to read music, so several months ago I started taking guitar lessons with the sole purpose of learning to read. Since my old "Yamaha" was long gone, I opted to rent a guitar for now. It is a "Hohner" model HW300G. I’m now considering purchasing this guitar but don’t know its value. It was leased brand new about 4 months ago. Can you give me the marketprice? : Thanks, Ken : this guitar is valued at $209.99. I know, because I own it. I bought about 3 years ago, and it is one of the best sounding acoustic I have every played.

Anonymous

A quick google search for "HW300G" brings up a number of sites selling them. I just bought a slightly chipped version for $44 plus $18 shipping on e-bay, which I think was a great deal. I saw them for on-line for $135 and $120 and $180 and in some random classified ad (where on the same page they advertise for nude models) for $85. Hope that helps a little.

Anonymous

: 40 years ago, or so, I used to play guitar. Like many guys in my era I learned by playing with others who were pretty good. I purchased a fairly expensive "Yamaha" and with several years of practice became fairly proficient. But then things changed… Viet Nam, college, marriage, kids, career, etc. and I lost interest and had no time for the guitar. The one thing I never learned though, was how to read music, so several months ago I started taking guitar lessons with the sole purpose of learning to read. Since my old "Yamaha" was long gone, I opted to rent a guitar for now. It is a "Hohner" model HW300G. I’m now considering purchasing this guitar but don’t know its value. It was leased brand new about 4 months ago. Can you give me the marketprice? : Thanks, Ken not sure on value, but it is a student level guitar

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.