Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Chord Help!: BmA, BmAb.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Could someone please explain the tab for these chords? I haven’t been playing that long, and don’t know how to read sheet music. I’ve checked out ‘chord generator’ programs, but haven’t been able to find these. Any help is really appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    Steve

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I think they are referencing a B 7th, and dimished 7th (respectively), but I haven’t seen any chord referenced that way… what is it from ? could be someones own ‘definition’. : Could someone please explain the tab for these chords? I haven’t been playing that long, and don’t know how to read sheet music. I’ve checked out ‘chord generator’ programs, but haven’t been able to find these. Any help is really appreciated!! : Thanks, : Steve

Anonymous

You’re close, I believe they are trying to spell -out a Bminor 7th, and Bminor 6th, respectively. BmA = Bminor 7th = B, D# ,F#, A. BmAb = BmG# = Bminor 6th = B, D#, F#, G#. Some systems of writing chords would say one of the 4 diatonic triads (major, minor, diminished – dim, augmented – aug) and then list any additional chord tones as either sharp or flat whatever, or by listing the actual note names. It can get very confusing when you are trying to distinguish between a major/minor triad versus say a major 7th or a flat 7th. : I think they are referencing a B 7th, and dimished 7th (respectively), but I haven’t seen any chord referenced that way… what is it from ? could be someones own ‘definition’. : : Could someone please explain the tab for these chords? I haven’t been playing that long, and don’t know how to read sheet music. I’ve checked out ‘chord generator’ programs, but haven’t been able to find these. Any help is really appreciated!! : : Thanks, : : Steve

Anonymous

:These chords are given in Elton John’s "Your Song". I can’t find them either. Good luck. : You’re close, I believe they are trying to spell -out a Bminor 7th, and Bminor 6th, respectively. BmA = Bminor 7th = B, D# ,F#, A. BmAb = BmG# = Bminor 6th = B, D#, F#, G#. : Some systems of writing chords would say one of the 4 diatonic triads (major, minor, diminished – dim, augmented – aug) and then list any additional chord tones as either sharp or flat whatever, or by listing the actual note names. It can get very confusing when you are trying to distinguish between a major/minor triad versus say a major 7th or a flat 7th. : : : I think they are referencing a B 7th, and dimished 7th (respectively), but I haven’t seen any chord referenced that way… what is it from ? could be someones own ‘definition’. : : : Could someone please explain the tab for these chords? I haven’t been playing that long, and don’t know how to read sheet music. I’ve checked out ‘chord generator’ programs, but haven’t been able to find these. Any help is really appreciated!! : : : Thanks, : : : Steve

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.