Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics TANGLEWOOD DOBRO GUITARS

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A DOBRO FROM J.G.WINDOWS IN NEWCASTLE.WHEN I ASKED IF THEY WOULD GIVE ME A FREE STRAP THEY DID NOT RECOMMEND USING ONE AS THE GUITAR ONLY HAS ONE STRAP BUTTON ON THE BODY IT WOULD HAVE TO BE PUT AT THE TOP OF THE NECK BEHIND THE NUT.SAYING THE GUITAR IS TO HEAVY THERE FOR NOT SAFE ENOUGH.WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I own a Tanglewood Bluetone dobro and I bemoaned the lack of a second strap button. I took the guitar to my local guitar repairer. I’m lucky enough to live in Sudbury, Suffolk, so my local guitar repairer is Martyn Booth, who had no hesitiation in putting a second strap button in the conventional place at the back of the nect near the joint with the body. i have been using the guitar ont he strap for over a year no with no problems.

Anonymous

: I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A DOBRO FROM J.G.WINDOWS IN NEWCASTLE.WHEN I ASKED IF THEY WOULD GIVE ME A FREE STRAP THEY DID NOT RECOMMEND USING ONE AS THE GUITAR ONLY HAS ONE STRAP BUTTON ON THE BODY IT WOULD HAVE TO BE PUT AT THE TOP OF THE NECK BEHIND THE NUT.SAYING THE GUITAR IS TO HEAVY THERE FOR NOT SAFE ENOUGH.WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.