Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Robert Flemming, Jr., anyone?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I need any available info on Robert Flemming, Jr., the black man who invented the guitar. (I figured a guitar websight was a good place to start.)

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I need any available info on Robert Flemming, Jr., the black man who invented the guitar. (I figured a guitar websight was a good place to start.) Complete myth I’m afraid, surely it’s common knowledge the guitar has been in use for centuries and was brought to the American continent by the Spanish. Who of course are the true ‘inventors’ if that were a correct term. All modern derivatives are just that – derivatives ……see all the literature and art that predates the 15 th century before Columbus had even been born relating to the guitar and it’s relatives. For example here a painting done by a Japanese artist in 1542 the same year as Columbus discovered America. I don’t about this Mr Flemming but this confirms that guitar instuments had their origin in America and dispels such erroneous information. I think you may confused with the Banjo which did indeed originate in America.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.