Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics 1962 Gretsch Ronnie Lee model

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Can anyone give me some information on this guitar?..or information on Ronnie Lee. It has been determined that my Gretsch is a Ronnie Lee and I can’t find any information on them.
    Thanks

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I purchased 1962 R.L model about 12 months ago, just wondering how many of these guitars are left in the world.
      My guitar has been played well but is in very good condison.
      As any body any idia of the value for this guitar

Anonymous

I have one too. I purchsed it at pawn shop in Miami in 1974.

Anonymous

I also purchased a 1962 R L Model in Miami in 1968 or 1969 in the Kendall area from a shop who was selling it for one of their shops teachers. It looked just like a Chet Atkins Country Gentleman Model and was Walnut w/gold hardware. It had a small square plaque on the headstock like the Atkins but read “Ronnie Lee on it. At that time I didn’t have a clue who R.L. was and
        Model”
        thought it was someone who had their on plaque made and put onto the headstock. Had it a couple years and sold it to another guy and never saw it again. A little later I ran across a Ronnie Lee guitar instruction book and then realized the mistake i had made….oh well….

Anonymous

Ronnie Lee teaches jazz guitar in NYC. He was a wsession musician in the 50 and 60s. He still teaches on the west side of Manhattan. He can play like a madman.!!!!

Anonymous

I studied guitar with Ronnie Lee during the 1950’s and 60’s and I would really like to know how to contact him. We were good friends but somehow over the years have lost contact. Can anyone help?

Anonymous

Hello. I’m a good friend of Ronny’s. You can reach him at his email.

[email protected]

Info on Ronny’s guitar books:

http://www.ronnylee.com

You will also be able to find Ronny on the web very soon. There’s a blog in the works, and also a Tumblr page showcasing Ronny’s memorabilia from a lifetime of working in the music business.

Very best,
          M

Anonymous

: Can anyone give me some information on this guitar?..or information on Ronnie Lee. It has been determined that my Gretsch is a Ronnie Lee and I can’t find any information on them. : Thanks

Anonymous

Ronnie Lee (still living) was a well-known NY studio musician. He was my instructor for a few years. I talked to him about the signature model and he said Gretch contacted him because he was a fairly high profile musician in the industry. I hope this helps. Dave

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.