Ovation Elite 1768 Appraisal

Posted by Corbin on Mon, 04/01/02 - 20:01:44.

I have an Ovation Elite 1768 SN 419156. It's an older one, though I have no idea how old. Can you tell from the SN#? How much would this puppy be worth? Anyone have any idea?
I knew of an email address at one time to which you could send your guitar's info and they'd send you an estimate. Very cool. I lost it though. If someone knew of a service like that, I'd love to know it again.
Thanks,
Corbin

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ovation Elite 1768 Appraisal

Corbin,

I have one of these also, purchased in the mid 1980's. Have you found anything to determine it's worth?

: I have an Ovation Elite 1768 SN 419156. It's an older one, though I have no idea how old. Can you tell from the SN#? How much would this puppy be worth? Anyone have any idea?
: I knew of an email address at one time to which you could send your guitar's info and they'd send you an estimate. Very cool. I lost it though. If someone knew of a service like that, I'd love to know it again.
: Thanks,
: Corbin

Re: Ovation Elite 1768 Appraisal

Corbin:

I guess as this post was nearly a year ago you'll have found out by now, but according to ovation's web site your S/N was made in 1990. My 1768 is a 1992, which I've had since new, and I love the guitar. As to value, I don't know apart from drop in to a few dealers.

ovation 1768

i heard of them going for up to 3000 for older tricked out inlays choc drop neck inlays

Ovation value?

I have a lightly used 1768 and case. Serial number is 350905. It is a tobacco sunburt with the chocolate drop looking inlays int he neck. Any clue what if might be worth?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.