Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Mann Guitars?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Pleeze help me. My unlce has a very nice guitar. It says it was made in Japan by Mann Guitars. No, not Manne Guitars in Italy. On every guitar database I searched, I could not find it. Do they exist? Or did they? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE help me!

Thanx

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a mann 2354 sg custom .Its a model A-606T I believe . Would like To know its worth , and if I can get parts as its missing the pic plate or cover . Would love any info I can get about it as I can’t seem to find any real solid info as to the value of these guitars . My email is [email protected]

Anonymous

In helping a friend downsize after her partner passed, I have uncovered a Mann AJ 320, it is in need of restoration, the body looks fine, but the neck needs to be refinished and a new nut put on. I am selling it for her. Contact me for photos. It comes with the case. Make me an offer. I am in Calgary, alberta. thanks.

Anonymous

Looking for an orignal bridge, saddle and truss rod cover for an A606 Mann guitar. It is important for me to find these components as it was given to me by my late Uncle.

If anyone has these particular pieces or knows of anyone willing to part with them, please contact me via this forum.

I have looked extensively all over the web and have had little or no luck in locating them.

Thank you in advance.

Anonymous

I just purchased a Mann Flying -V knockoff…theres no serial or stamps of any kind. It’s in nearly mint condition with the original case. As far as I can tell by the logo it’s from the 70’s but I’m having a hard time placing a value on it..anyone seen a Mann Flying V before or know what it might be worth?

Anonymous

I purchased my first guitar in 1980 from a music store in Ontario, CA. It was a Mann Les Paul that looked like the Gibson Brand. It was a solid body with the Red-Orange Sun-Burst finish, rosewood fingerboard, dual humbucker (generic) pickups, 3 way switch, 4 rotary controls for tone and volume.

Back then I payed about $300 Canadian which was about $250 American at the time.

It’s quality exceeded what you need for a first guitar. I played it for many years and never had any trouble with it. I no longer own the guitar, I loaned it to a friend and never got it back.

Some of the hardware could be upgraded to bring it up to the standards I’m use to now days .. where I now play a Gibson Les Paul.

I’d imagine at the very least I’d put in new tuners, and a better bridge if I still owned it today. I kinda remember the bridge being a bit cheap .. back then I didn’t know about “intonation” adjustments so it was always the “out of box factory setup”. Sounded awesome to me.

What would it be worth today ? … My opinion is that Gibson Les Paul copy and look-alike guitars are very common .. I’d think it’s still worth the $300 I payed for it years ago, but I doubt my old Mann Les Paul would have any collector or vintage value today.

Anonymous

I’m still trying to find out more about my Japanese Mann bass/6-string double neck which I bought brand new in 1975 for 400 CAD. I’m beginning to think it’s the only one they made, too. If anyone can give me some information, especially the model number and name, I shall be forever grateful. I scoured the net, and emailed the factory, but I was told there was a gag order on lawsuit guitars, and they wouldn’t tell me a thing. It’s the exact same as an Ibanez 2404, except, of course, it has Mann on the headstock. Bass response is monster in this axe, both necks. I just paid 420 CAD for luthier work on this baby, too, but 2017 $ are worth about 1/5 of 1975 $.
      Cheers!

Anonymous

I have a Les Paul copy made by Mann from the 1970s and really love it. I have yet to find another guitar which has as good fret board action as the one I have. The sound of it was made even better by upgrading the pickups to humbucking ones. I play it constantly and would never get rid of it. After all these years I have had, only once, to reset the action. I think they are great guitars.

Anonymous

Looking at an A345 Acoustic Mann guitar. claims to be one of the first made in japan, and a d28 replica. Has anyone heard of this model and is there a way to confirm age?
      Love all the comments from you guys

Anonymous

I HAVE A MANN ACOUSTIC (IN ITALICS) A328 STAMP SAYS 75-828 MADE IN JAPAN ,HAS GIBSON HEAD STOCK SPRUCE TOP AND BACK AND TOPAND SIDES.ANYONE KNOW WHAT ITS WORTH,PICKED IT UP AT A ESTATE SALE WITH ORIGNAL CASE,I HAD NEW MARTIN EXTRA LIGHT STRINGS PUT ON AND A NECK ADJUSTMENT,PLAYS AWSOME ,LIKE WOW.NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH ITS WORTH,ANYONE KNOW ?

Anonymous

Hi there, I have a Mann electric guitar and I am trying to find a way to get it appraised. Has anyone found out who can do that in Canada?

Anonymous

Canadian distributor Ibanez guitars, also branded Raven.

Anonymous

I have a mann modle aj 320 bought for me by my girlfriend in the late 60s & is still in tune & very soothing after so many years but cant find anything on it’s origin . everything i see is post 70s whatha got

Anonymous

Mann guitars were made in Japan. Gibson sued them for copyright infringement and they went out of business. Then they started making guitars under the name ibinez. I have a 1979 Mann acoustic. I’m sitting with a guy now who has a 70-74 Mann acoustic songbird. Not sure of its exact age and is why I’m on here trying to find out more info on it.

Anonymous

I have a L-6S I bought new and have put away since about 1982. also bought an aj-317 acoustic that I just gave to my daughter. Just looking them up and am impressed to see such a colourful history. Thanks Dave.

Anonymous

I just bought this bass from the original owner… lovely fit and finish… I mean a neck through body bass should cost way more than $50.00, but that’s what I paid for it.

Anonymous

Wow. No love for ther MANN bass…. I am curious of its tone. Does anyone know about the A911 (Jazz) model?? I found one for $300USD and am considering making the purchase but I can not find any youtube vids about this particular model… I do not want to mod the pickups if they sound as good as I am hoping they will being a copy from the 70’s.

Thanks,

James

Anonymous

I have restored a AJ688 MANN from 1980. I absolutely love this guitar and remember learning on it when I was a kid. I have a problem. I recently moved and the brass nut was knocked loose and is missing. Where can I find another one? I don’t care if its a factory one or a generic one that fits. I have looked on ebay but I am afraid to buy because I don’t know dimensions etc… If someone with one of these could help me out that would be great!

Thanks;
      Max

Anonymous

I also have the 80’s AJ688 ,bought new in 1981. It is still my favorite guitar, and I have a Les Pau, and a US Strat.
      In 1985, I installed a Kahler Flyer locking tremolo system, and Seymour Duncan Humbuckers. This guitar shreds,
      I get many second looks and questions from people when gigging. When they try this guitar, they immediately realize why it is my favorite.

Anonymous

Hi

Been reading these comments re Mann electric guitars and thought I would add mine to the forum. I have a Mann electric guitar , model deluxe 59’er in very nice condition. Original case. It is off white has two pick ups and is a Les Paul style.Sounds really smooth and rich.
      cheers

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me when it was made and the value

Anonymous

I own a mann solid body electric guitar in mint cond. it is blonde in color and says it was made in japan serial #1065875 it has the one piece neck and fretboard and high gloss finish , beautiful playing guitar . would like to know something about value pa n serial i

Anonymous

Hi guys, I own an acoustic Mann AJ3310, picked it up from a pawn broker and have had it for a number of years, great sounding guitar, ha a few minor blemishes on the body.
      With all this talk of rarities etc. could anybody give me a rough estimate of what they are worth nowdays?
      Thanks

Anonymous

I OWN A AJ688 THE BEST NECK TRU EVER…..HOLE’S BASS PLAYER OWN ONE OF THESE IN HER SOLO ALBUM….BEST AXE FROM MANN……..AJ688 RULE

Anonymous

i own a 70’s version of the aj-688….the 80 versions are writen mann 80’s on the logo…..anyways…this axe is wicked…neck thru body its a knock off of the B.C RICO and IBANEZ NECK THRU at the time…THE BASS PLAYER FROM HOLE OWN ONE OF THESE GUITARS AND SHELL TELL YOU THE SAME ….(she can buy pretty much anyting i guess …axe wise)……its a 3000 grand value guitar beleive me…..compare to a prs …i would nt change it or a sg yamaha neck tru…. these neck tru ARE the best mann electric no doubt..

Anonymous

I’ve a double neck Mann! It’s a bass over a six string and the bass response is earth-shaking. If SG’s came with double necks, this is a copy. It’s maroon in colour, and has been stored in it’s original hardshell case. I’ve not played it much due to health reasons and apartment life. (Noise restrictions and all). I paid $400 for it in 1974 at Weiner’s in Ottawa, brand new. I’d love to know what it’s currently worth.

Anonymous

Purchased my MANN guitar in 1975 in Burlington, Ontario. Shortly after I purchased it I quit my lessons and gave up playing until 2012. It has acquired a few dings over the years but still sounds great. My present teacher identified it as a good quality factor produced item and was impressed with its sound quality

Anonymous

I bought my Mann guitar in the late 70’s. It’s not my 1’st guitar as my mom had a Gibson LG I adopted. But it was the first guitar I purchased myself. Didn’t know a thing about them at the time, but it was slightly used and reasonably priced and I was attracted to its look and workmanship as far as the inlay etc.
      It had/has no case or paperwork, and no identifying marks or tags exept for L-5 scratched in the bottom of the neck stock. It is a full size arch top electric with a brown to redish yellow sunburst. It had only 1 pickup and 1 volume and 2 tone pots. No intent of selling just wanted to share what I have. I have wondered about the guitar for ever and was glad to get the info some of you have provided. Thanx

Anonymous

Hi there, I am a drummer and on one of my expiditions to find vintage sixties japanese drum kits i come into being the owner of a 1974 Mann Howard Roberts Copy in Excellent Original cond. with hard case. Model2453. EL Acoustic 41″. Rosewood fingerboard, built in neck. Gold star tuners. Super Humbuckers. Brown Sunburst. Looking to possibly sell for the right [email protected] for info on this beauty!

Anonymous

I have a Mann AJ 688. Its pretty awesome.
      The 70’s versions are “lawsuit guitars” and are worth some CAKE because Ibanez sued them because they were basically copies.
      The 80’s versions are less valuable, but by no means a shit axe.
      Mine is an 80’s… and it plays and sounds great.
      I live in Canada and yes, you can see them tiucked away in pawn shops still.
      I recommend you grab one of you see it.
      Heres a link to the old Mann catalog, and to my particular model..which is on the left.
      http://www.mannguitars.com/catalogs.cfm
      http://www.mannguitars.com/catalogs/80s/page7.png

Anonymous

Mann was the name that Ibanez started building under when they were being sued by gibson and fender for making replica’s of the top guitars, The authorities were seizing the Japanese shipments and sawing the headstocks off of guitars by the boat load. Ibanez did this to protect themselves from the lawsuit and preserve the main company name. When they lost the lawsuit Mann was forced to shut down and the inventory was confiscated and destroyed. Because of this the Mann versions Are very rare and hard to come by, Especially a set neck and a solid neck that’s one piece, (not a laminated fretboard). With brass fret markers etc…. Even to this day, try getting an Ibanez case or guitar into Canada for example…….. Enter Mann, they were the simple answer to get these guitars into Canada and other countries as well. The Authorities got smart to that in The USA though and confiscated both the Ibanez and Mann versions but the Mann versions were rare in the US to begin with…. That brings the value of the set neck version up through the roof here. I have sold a couple of rare ones at auction in the USA for over two grand, but that’s in mint condition with original case and paperwork.

Anonymous

I understand exactly what your talking about, as I work at vintage guitar and repair shop in So Cal and we sold a Mann like that a couple years ago for two thousand, one hundred dollars. I thought my boss was crazy but it sold quickly to a collector. Boy was I surprised! After that I’ve been doing research on lawsuit era guitars and trying to find my own. Hard to believe some of these Japanese made copies sell for as much as or more than the actual Les Paul’s they are copying. I keep searching local classifieds and Craigslist. Eventually I’ll find one. Thanks for all the info guys.

Anonymous

Hi , l got a MANN AJ301 ,new in original case if your interested

Anonymous

I have a perfect Man Howard Roberts model 2453 circa 1974. Original cond. with hardcase. Its in excellent condition. Littlte fading on the gold humbucker and star tunets and 4 small cracks in finish on back bottom. one 2mm chip on back bottom. other than that perfect. If you know anyone intetseted let me know please, thanks jimmy.

Anonymous

Mann guitars were exact Ibanez guitars. In the day, Ibanez could not import to Canada. White label guitars were made for Canada, England and Australia etc. In Canada, West Coast Musical Instruments were the importers out of Vancouver. Ibanez were not for sale in canada. Try and import a Ibanez guitar case today and it is impossible. The same restrictions apply. I can get a AM-50 case in the US for $100 but they will not ship to Canada. An AM-C case for my Ibanez AM-50 will be $240 delvered and will not have the Ibanez logo on it. I own a Les Paul 2350 copy in red sunberst and it is exactly a Gibson except for the pickups and tuners. The detail is incredible with 7 layers of binding and abalone and mother of pearl. This is a custom shop guitar by Gibson standards. The top is a special plywood that was engineered by Ibanez and is really sonic and not cheap sounding. If you are really fussy you can put in some Bill Lawrence pickups and have a $4000 gibson for $400-500. The inlays of abalone and mother of pearl are outstanding and every bit as good or better than Gibson. Fuck the ego and go for the best priced guitar on the market today. You will never regret it. I just bought another for $300 in mint condition sent to the door….Yahoooo….I own 25 guitars including a $3200 Fender custom shop. The Mann is better workmanship by far. Don’t buy a beater…wait for an eater and you will never regret it!!!!!

Anonymous

Hi Jeff, I also have a Mann electric guitar that was purchased in the seventies. it is stamped ‘made in japan’ but has no serial #. would you be interested in it? I am in the Vancouver area
        Mike
        [email protected]

Anonymous

I have a Mann guitar I bought in the mid 80’s in Calgary. It was used and 150 bucks. I just liked the tone of it. MR3G4(AJ-318) 30 years later I pulled it out to start playing again and someone in the class I was in said he had one as well. A left handed guitar with the same finish as mine. He said a guy from Fender started making these offshore and when they came into Canada on the west coast a lot of them were distroyed. The ones that got through ended up in Calgary and Edmonton. I had a friend re-string it, new bridge and nut. Sounds great!

Anonymous

i have 2 mann acoustic guitars from the 70s art #aj-304 they were made in korea .sound great ,

Anonymous

I have a 70’s Mann Acoustic serial# AJ-331c.
      6 string single cut-away.
      It has a sitka spruce top with mahogany back and sides triple bound.
      Mahogany bound neck and bound headstock.
      Fretboard is rosewood and has frets similar to my les paul.
      Plays and sounds great.
      Tis is the only one of this model i have ever seen.

Anonymous

I just picked up a Mann AJ-331c for $20. Needs a fair bit of TLC, which I’m in the process of working on right now. The date stamp on mine says 1982.8.13.

Mine also has a solid spruce top, but the back and sides sure look a lot like rosewood … I’d bet my car that it wasn’t mahogany. What are the chances that a Mann AJ-331c had both a mahogany and a rosewood option? It is a really nice looking guitar, can’t wait to see what it sounds like after it’s fixed up.

Anonymous

Mann guitars were sold in Canada in the 70’s. At least the best "lawsuit" ones were. Mann guitars are a mixed bag. Some are crappy and some are unbelievable. The best ones are the ones with set necks and original "moustache" headstocks. I used to own an L6S copy that was unbelievable. It only cost $199 Cdn in 1977. I sold to my brother 20 years ago when I bought a 335. My mistake, but at least it is still in the family.

Anonymous

: Pleeze help me. My unlce has a very nice guitar. It says it was made in Japan by Mann Guitars. No, not Manne Guitars in Italy. On every guitar database I searched, I could not find it. Do they exist? Or did they? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE help me! : Thanx ive got a 3o – 40 year old mann too, its a humming bird copy and my dad got is in the early 70’s late 60’s. ive been looking for info on this guitar since ive been playing(2years) and all i know is that they were made by ibanez nice gitar thou

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Yes they do exsist my mother-in-law has one but I’m not sure where it was made.: Pleeze help me. My unlce has a very nice guitar. It says it was made in Japan by Mann Guitars. No, not Manne Guitars in Italy. On every guitar database I searched, I could not find it. Do they exist? Or did they? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE help me! : Thanx

Anonymous

Nice to see some new posts up.have not been in the room for awhile.Did I eff up? Yeah, no wonder I have seen a Mann acoustic. Got one in my back room closet.The heel joint has separated part way from the body.Forgot all about it.lol Someone modified it as it has a handmade brass nut and bridge.My Mann tele is still doing fine. The session I had after reading the posts a couple months ago was intense! Fender champ 12,Digitech Rp200,Boss DR-3 and the volume around 11.Glad all my neighbors live 1/8 mile away. Rock on!!! terryinterrace.

Anonymous

Your guitar is not modified..some did come with brass nuts and bridges.I own an acoustic model AJ 320 that is like new w/brass nut and bridge.Quite rare.

Anonymous

I dont know anything about the company but one of my ex’s dad had a Mann acoustic and it sounded awesome! This caused me to buy a Mann electric (strat style, but with Les Paul controls). Bought for $149 at a second hand store years ago, and because Mann no longer exists, I had it’s value investigated. To the right guitar collector I could upwards of $3000 for it! It’s a great guitar….if anyone else has one…hold on to it…it’ll be worth money!

Anonymous

its crazy i can’t find anything on mann guitars either they guitar i play now is a mann that my dad bought in the 80s its looks like a stretched out les paul

Anonymous

hey i have an electric guitar and its called a mann its a fender strat copy maple color all over and its fairly old but still works perfectly my stepmoters sister got it when she was 10 shes wud be 40 now it was given to me after she passed away (and i think somewhere else on the site sum1 said ibanez made mann b4 but dont now??)

Anonymous

i own a mann telecaster custom. it is my first guitar. i bought it 20 years ago from a friend, case, strap,all for 100 bucks. the best investment i’ve ever made! it also says that it was made in japan.who cares! it sounds and plays great.there must have been a lot of them sold up here in canada.like you, i don’t know anything about the company that built them.i’ve seen mann guitars in all shapes and sizes. strats.les pauls,teles,even acoustics.after 20+years of reading guitar mags i’ve read the name once, maybe. i’ve only been on the net for couple of weeks and thought i would do a search on mann jest for the hell of it . what a surprise to find this page.anyhow hope this helps you. judging from all the replies you got already maybe a mann owners site is in the offing matter of fact i think i’ll roll a whiskey and pour a smoke and pull out that sweet axe and plug her in. now where did i leave my pick……………???????

Anonymous

OK, Here’s what I know about Mann Guitars. I bought one new in the mid 70’s and it was a ’69 telly thinline copy. They were made in Japan, some by the Ibanez factory, but not all. The way to tell if it was made by Ibanez is by where the neck ends at the high frets (at the guitar body). If the neck corners are slightly rounded, it is Ibanez made. If the corners are square, it was made by another Japanese factory. I have owned about 25 electric guitars over the years and I presently own a real Fender telly thinline and I must say that the Mann guitar for me rates in the top 3. I am sorry I got rid of it as I progressed into more "professional" brand name guitars. If you get your hands on one, hold on to it. And yes, the company no longer exists.

Anonymous

: Pleeze help me. My unlce has a very nice guitar. It says it was made in Japan by Mann Guitars. No, not Manne Guitars in Italy. On every guitar database I searched, I could not find it. Do they exist? Or did they? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE help me! : Thanx it sounds like they made alot of diffrent styles of guitars; i just spotted an arch-top jazz-style one (es 335ish) in a pawn shop for $200 (canad.) it’s marked ‘made in japan’ but hard to tell when. great to know they play and sound nice; i guess i’ll pick it up. not worth much tho’. steve sydor’s reply was the most informative -check it out.

Anonymous

i got my first (and still own it) guitar when i was 6. its a MANN and ive got no idea what they are, the only thing i know is that its just as good as anyother guitar and i love it. my dad boght it at a guitar store for 200 (can) and from what i know, its just gone up in value. its got no stamp saying it was made in japan. were on eath did it come from?

Anonymous

I have a Mann Les Paul copy. It’s a great guitar, even though I bought it at a garage sale for 40 bucks. Yes, it is a real company. I’ve been trying to find information baout my Mann Les Paul but I, too, have found nothing.

Anonymous

my dad baught a mock les paul 20 years ago made by MANN guitars, and it plays pretty nice i dont know if the company still exists

Anonymous

:I don’t think it does, the guitar stores I’ve been in don’t seem to have Mann listed in thier books

Anonymous

I also have a Mann electric guitar it is solid dark brown finished wood all over. I got it from mu uncle who got it at a pawn shop in the 80s. not sure how much though.

Anonymous

: I own a black and white Mann , a Les Paul clone. Any ideas on the value of the guitar? : Thanx

Anonymous

I have ones to but have noc lue about the value…mines from the 80s i believ and i know that they arent made anymore

Anonymous

: I have a Mann guitar. It can use new pick-ups, but it plays nice. It is Sunburst in colour, and is the only guitar that I have kept. I’ve had it for about 15 years, so I don’t think I will ever part with it. Like you, I can’t find out where it came from, but I am happy it is mine. : Thanx

Anonymous

I have a guitar made by Mann and it has the sweetest sound ever. It is solid wood and is one peice(neck-in-body)(the neck and body is not skrewed on) Its kinda beat up but its the sweetest guitar ever, i love it. I had the same problem, no one has ever hear of it. but its cool peace

Anonymous

: Pleeze help me. My unlce has a very nice guitar. It says it was made in Japan by Mann Guitars. No, not Manne Guitars in Italy. On every guitar database I searched, I could not find it. Do they exist? Or did they? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE help me! : Thanx From what I have heard, Mann was a Canadian guitar company that made knock off guitars in the 70’s…mainly Gibson style (les Paul’s etc…). Apparently these guitars were made in the same factory as Ibanez, and for all intensive purposes they are the exact same as the Ibanez models produced during that same era (except the ones shipped out to Canada had the "Mann" label on the head stock, instead on "Ibanez"). The Ibanez models were still available in Canada, they were just more expensive than the ones with the "Mann" name. Mann guitars were a little cheaper, but by no means were they crappy guitars. You can still find "Mann" guitars around in many pawn shops/used music stores up here in Canada. I have also heard than the same company now uses the neam "El Degas", rather than "Mann"…and they are still available new. They are also mainly cheaper knock off’s. BTW…I own a 70’s Mann cherry les Paul Jr. I love it. I don’t know if guitars with the "Mann" name are still in production or not today. And that’s all I know! PS…check out http://www.songbirdmusic.com/, sometimes they have some "Mann" and "El Degas" guitars in stock.

Anonymous

: : Pleeze help me. My unlce has a very nice guitar. It says it was made in Japan by Mann Guitars. No, not Manne Guitars in Italy. On every guitar database I searched, I could not find it. Do they exist? Or did they? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE help me! Hii i have a 70s Mann custom les paul that is a very playable guitar which is inlaid onthe body and neck it plays extremely well and is a very solid guitar they mostly made gibson les paul knock offs and I’ve seen afew acoustic Manns

Anonymous

>>From what I’ve been able to find out –nobody I know knows where their Mann came from –all the ones I’ve seen are dreadnaughts, sound pretty good as long as they have decent strings on them, generally run about $200 – $350cdn in pawnshops or music stores, some are 6 string some are 12 string, most of the ones I’ve seen have a sticker inside that says Made in Korea/with a serial # Not being an expert, I’d say if you’re looking for a good practice guitar, if you find one that’s not too beat up, it’s probably a good buy, just don’t actlike you know anything about it and you might be able to knock a few buks off the price (the 12 string seems to be pretty light and has a little trouble staying tuned, but it’s probably worth the hassle) Keep pickin’ (cowboy)Jake

Anonymous

: >>I just picked up a Mann acoustic –less tuning gear and bridge, have plans to fix it up because it’s otherwise in great shape. On the sticker inside it says ART. No. AJ-201 and inside on the web bracing it says Jan 22 and an illegible year (could be 1969) hard to say. Open to offers (maybe) : Keep pickin’ : (cowboy)Jake

Anonymous

i have a black and white mann..it says AJ-306

Anonymous

I also have been looking for info about Mann guitars and like you, couldn’t find any info. I have a Mann Les Paul copy that I’d like to find more info on this guitar.

Anonymous

: I also have been looking for info about Mann guitars and like you, couldn’t find any info. I have a Mann Les Paul copy that I’d like to find more info on this guitar.

Anonymous

: : I also have been looking for info about Mann guitars and like you, couldn’t find any info. I have a Mann Les Paul copy that I’d like to find more info on this guitar. I have 2 acoustics that my teacher found in the garbage. (AJ-301) that i am looking for info on.

Anonymous

Mann was a Canadian distributor for guitars made by Ibanez pre and during a lawsuit filed by Gibson for copyright infringement in the beginning of the 70’s.There were 2 different distributors distinguished by the style on the head.One was italic and the other bold.
            AJ 301 is a Gibson copy. AJ standing for Advanced Jumbo 301 is the model.I own a AJ 320 and it plays nice and smooth with a nice tone.

Anonymous

My wife bought a Mann acoustic dreadnought guitar in about 1978 or 1980, in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was not the cheapest guitar available but was in the lower price range at the time. When our son was using it to learn guitar, I was told by a repair/retail shop(in about 1995-96) at that time that it was worth about $100-$150 (Canadian). Prices would vary depending on wood finishing and hardware. I also had a friend in Edmonton who had a Mann very similar to this one.

Anonymous

: Pleeze help me. My unlce has a very nice guitar. It says it was made in Japan by Mann Guitars. No, not Manne Guitars in Italy. On every guitar database I searched, I could not find it. Do they exist? Or did they? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE help me! : Thanx Hi I too am looking for info on these guitars. Just bought one at a garage sale, cleaned it, restrung it, tuned it, fixed the bridge and it sounds really good. I have an Ovation which I love and this one is just as smooth and has a really nice timbre. No idea of the year. It’s red with yellow, bigger size, with hummingbird/flower decal on fingerboard. I reckon 1970’s. Any thoughts anyone as to the value? C

Anonymous

I’m buying a Mann bass off kijiji in a couple of days for 60 bucks and I too have been searching for info on these and i found a website that this guy made. He collects them and wants to help people get info about them and you can email him about your guitar and such. This site has every model of Mann guitar its really cool. Here is the link to the site.

http://www.mannguitars.com/catalog80s.cfm

Anonymous

: Pleeze help me. My unlce has a very nice guitar. It says it was made in Japan by Mann Guitars. No, not Manne Guitars in Italy. On every guitar database I searched, I could not find it. Do they exist? Or did they? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE help me! : Thanx Yes they do!! I have a short scale Mann Bass

Anonymous

: : Pleeze help me. My unlce has a very nice guitar. It says it was made in Japan by Mann Guitars. No, not Manne Guitars in Italy. On every guitar database I searched, I could not find it. Do they exist? Or did they? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEZE help me! : : Thanx : Yes they do!! I have a short scale Mann Bass : I just bought a mann electric, a ’72 Fender Telecaster copy. I am in the process of removing the 100 or so stickers that are on it. It’s black with a black pick gaurd and a maple fretboard/neck. Got it for $25 at an antique/collectables shop in Powell River B.C. Canada. With the stickers and broken strings, it was the ugliest guitar in the place! Clean up is going well, going to go inside and check out all wiring, pots, and the 3-way switch. Should be a real looker and player when I’m done. Later

Anonymous

Do they exist anymore? if they do pleeze let me know

Anonymous

No they went out of business some time in the 80’s after they got sued by Gibson for copying there head stock design in the 70’s the guitar’s they made were only available in Canada Gibson used to seize the guitars at the border and cut off the headstock

Anonymous

i got one

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.