Click to visit Sweetwater Click to visit Gearank

Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Hank Marvin Sound

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a fender Strat and i want to recreate the Hank Marvin sound and i am thinking of getting a fender deville and an electro harmonix deluxe memory man! does ne one have this rig and if so does it sound like Hank at all?? Thanks Steve

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

For a good representation of all of Hank’s echo’s especially the multi-tap, you need a ZOOM 508, they are not expensive and are self programmable to your own strength of feedback and sustain – A Fender Stratocaster and a Vox AC 15/30 amp for the sound and just to smooth things out, a Boss compression pedal. All the best, Dodge.

Anonymous

: i would like to know what gauge strings hank uses on both his stat and electo accoustics. can anyone help please. lee

Anonymous

: i would like to know what gauge strings hank uses on both his stat and electo accoustics. can anyone help please. lee

Anonymous

: I have a fender Strat and i want to recreate the Hank Marvin sound and i am thinking of getting a fender deville and an electro harmonix deluxe memory man! does ne one have this rig and if so does it sound like Hank at all?? Thanks Steve To sound like hank,all you need is a strat and a VOX AC30 AMP prefferably a blue cone. FORGET THE TECNO GADGETS HE DOESN’T USE THEM. PSYCO.

Anonymous

I use a standard fender strat with fender fat 50s pickups, a behringer V-amp virtual amplifier set to Vox AC30. for the effects see the web site eftp.com(echoes from the past), and they can provide a zoom unit pre-programmed with the exact echoes used by hank. I then feed that thro any good high power stage or studio amp. John

Anonymous

: : I have a fender Strat and i want to recreate the Hank Marvin sound and i am thinking of getting a fender deville and an electro harmonix deluxe memory man! does ne one have this rig and if so does it sound like Hank at all?? Thanks Steve : To sound like hank,all you need is a strat and a VOX AC30 AMP prefferably a blue cone. FORGET THE TECNO GADGETS HE DOESN’T USE THEM. PSYCO.

Anonymous

: : : I have a fender Strat and i want to recreate the Hank Marvin sound and i am thinking of getting a fender deville and an electro harmonix deluxe memory man! does ne one have this rig and if so does it sound like Hank at all?? Thanks Steve It wasn’t only a Vox and a fender he used a Binson echo then an Echorec you don’t get multi repeats without an effects unit : : To sound like hank,all you need is a strat and a VOX AC30 AMP prefferably a blue cone. FORGET THE TECNO GADGETS HE DOESN’T USE THEM. PSYCO.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.