Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics syairi acoustic guitar – worth fixing?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’m pretty much a beginner and could use a little advice. I have an old japanese acoustic syairi guitar I played for years growing up. I just dusted it off and played it again. A tuning key broke, another cracked. Is it worth fixing, or should I just pitch it and get another guitar?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I’m pretty much a beginner and could use a little advice. I have an old japanese acoustic syairi guitar I played for years growing up. I just dusted it off and played it again. A tuning key broke, another cracked. Is it worth fixing, or should I just pitch it and get another guitar? if it plays ok and sounds decent it’s probably worth putting decent machine heads on it.However,the fact that the tuners were of low quality indicates it might not be a good quality instrument.Not sure what you mean by cracked.You have the guitar in hand and can judge the tone and playability-ask some more experienced friends or a decent store if you are unsure.

Anonymous

: : : Dear People, I have a brand new Syairi guitar i bought back in the 80’s and never strung it up. it is very beautiful and was never taken from the case becasue i have a few guitars i use. my question: can an alteation to the neck be made where you can widen the finger board so it fits my big fingers. i have gotten use to a wider board with other guitars i use. perhaps the new width would be a half inch more total. it seems the sides of the finger board could be made wider by a quarter of an inch or so on each side. if possible what would be the aprox. price of such an alteration–thank you, in music marcello

Anonymous

: : : Dear People, I have a brand new Syairi guitar i bought back in the 80’s and never strung it up. it is very beautiful and was never taken from the case becasue i have a few guitars i use. my question: can an alteation to the neck be made where you can widen the finger board s it fits my big fingers. i have gotten use to a wider board with other guitars i use. perhaps the new width would be a half inch more. it seems the sides of the finger board could be made wider by a quarter of an inch or so on each side. if possible what would be the aprox. price of such an alteration–thank you, in music marcello

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.