Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Chinese made Castilla CS-30

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I bought a small metal-string guitar, 3/4 size I think, at an antique store. It’s sound is fine, but the body and case have some minor dings.

The label inside shows a dark haired gypsy-type lady playing a mandolin. It says "Castilla Guitars, quality musical instruments. Model no. CS-30, Made in China."

Can anyone tell me how old this guitar is, where I can find more about it, and what it might be worth? I like this little thing, and want to know more. Thanks a lot. Kath.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a castilla guitar that’s model number says FG- 14. I cannot find this model number anywhere. I am looking all over . I found the model number but not associated with castilla. Can anyone help me?

Anonymous

I have a castilla guitar that’s model number says FG- 14. I cannot find this model number anywhere. I am looking all over . I found the model number but not associated with castilla. Can anyone help me?

Anonymous

I was cleaning out my spare storage closet and found a castilla CS70 brand new in the box never opened. It was a present 15 years ago and just put in the back and forgot about. It does have the price tag still on it for $149.95. This model is labeled as a folk guitar. Maybe I will have a grandchild that wants to play one day and open it up.

Anonymous

: It used to be my dads and i just took it out so i could learn to play it. it looks fine but the guitar case looks somewhat worn but its good. : It says "Castilla Guitars, quality musical instruments. Model no. CS-9, Made in China." : Can anyone tell me how old this guitar is, where I can find more about it, and what it might be worth? I like this little thing, and want to know more. Thanks a lot. Kath.

Anonymous

I bought a Castilla V-10 in the ’70’s..The inside label peeled off a while back to reveal a Ventura Bruno V-10 label..Serial 3100, (3/4 size, Thin neck, Great sound) The Ventura label is obviously the real one. Know what gives? Thanks, Peter

Anonymous

Castilla guitars were economical guitars manufactured in China in the 1970s for C. Bruno & Sons, a musical instrument distribution company owned by KMC Music, Incorporated. Most of the Castilla guitars featured nylon strings and basic, no-frills designs manufactured with inexpensive materials.

Anonymous

I have had a Castilla guitar since about 1974 and it still sounds great. The construction on these guitars is super. However, I am just now beginning to research and try and find out more about them. Will advies. : I bought a small metal-string guitar, 3/4 size I think, at an antique store. It’s sound is fine, but the body and case have some minor dings. : The label inside shows a dark haired gypsy-type lady playing a mandolin. It says "Castilla Guitars, quality musical instruments. Model no. CS-30, Made in China." : Can anyone tell me how old this guitar is, where I can find more about it, and what it might be worth? I like this little thing, and want to know more. Thanks a lot. Kath.

Anonymous

i also bought a guitar of this style but it is a cs-31 made in china and have searching to see if i can find what year it was made, but have come up with nothing, u find out any info on your guitar can u please pass the info on to me?

Anonymous

: I bought a small metal-string guitar, 3/4 size I think, at an antique store. It’s sound is fine, but the body and case have some minor dings. : The label inside shows a dark haired gypsy-type lady playing a mandolin. It says "Castilla Guitars, quality musical instruments. Model no. CS-30, Made in China." : Can anyone tell me how old this guitar is, where I can find more about it, and what it might be worth? I like this little thing, and want to know more. Thanks a lot. Kath. I bought a guitar just like this new two years ago for $120 and I see them on the web for as low as $89. It’s a n amazingly good sounding guitar, I think the top is solid wood. I been looking to replace and see many guitars at $500 and up that don’t sound as good. The actions not great and I’m starting to get a buzz on a few frets but I’ve gotten my money out of it. Al.

Anonymous

: I bought a small metal-string guitar, 3/4 size I think, at an antique store. It’s sound is fine, but the body and case have some minor dings. : The label inside shows a dark haired gypsy-type lady playing a mandolin. It says "Castilla Guitars, quality musical instruments. Model no. CS-30, Made in China." : Can anyone tell me how old this guitar is, where I can find more about it, and what it might be worth? I like this little thing, and want to know more. Thanks a lot. Kath.

Anonymous

I own a Castilla cs70. hard to find info on. I bought it new in Chicago in 2001 for $85. Great guitar for the price, but I doubt any Castilla brand will price more than $100-$150. Hope you find this helpful.

Anonymous

yeah I have a CN-85 Castilla same picture. Also clueless wish I had some clues as to how much it is worth

Anonymous

i have a castilla that appears to be a copy of a gibson hummingbird.. it was my father’s in the 70’s, probably bought at a department store.. i’ve been told it’s cheap, but it works for me. also wish i knew more about it!

Anonymous

i also have a Castilla Guitar, CN-80. a little different, but all the same. it has a nice sound, but sounds more like a harp than an actual acoustic. anybody have the same? i got it as a gift, and have no idea how much it is worth. anybody with any info please reply to this through this site. i would greatly appreciate it. thanks a bunch, macy

Anonymous

We also have a Castilla Model CN-80 that we just bought. It is in great shape, just needs new strings. Would like to know value & year of manufacture. It was made in China, it says. Please email me if you find out anything. Thanks.

Anonymous

: I have a Castilla CS-78 which I purchased new around 1976 at a music shop in Maine. It is a full size acoustic and it does sound good. Not sure about the construction though and how it measures up to the name brands. I don’t think I paid very much for it. ALso, this one was made in Korea, not China like the others I see here.

Anonymous

mine is a cs-7s or cs-78 i cant read it very well, but its my dads, and it got pretty beat up while i was leaning to play on it, but i was looking at fixing it up. made in korea

Anonymous

I have a Castilla CS-9S. Inside label reads made in Korea. I got it as a hand-me down back in the mid ’80s, but I think it is much older than that. I am always amazed at how good it sounds every time I pick it up. I keep it at my in-law’s house so I have a guitar to play when we go to visit. So it looks like no one can find any info on these instruments! I was hoping to find construction info. It appears to be solid wood, though I’m not sure what type. Lets all keep each other posted!

Anonymous

I have an old, old Castilla, from my uncle. It’s also made in Korea, and I cannot see the writing inside much – but I think it says CN-3N? I get some buzz, too, but it’s a fantastic guitar.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.