Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Problem with Marshall avt150 head

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

hi im really desperate here, anything could help…a couple months ago i was playing my marshall avt150 head and the overdrive channels just went out, the overdrive 1 channel doesnt work at all and you can faintly hear the overdrive 2 channel if you turn the amp up VERY loud, by faintly i mean you can hear it if u put your ear up to the speaker….i figured there was something wrong with the tubes or the preamp, simple right? wrong…i took it to two authorized repair places and both said they couldnt fix it….i dont get any help from anyone on it, and everyone takes forever to fix it, if anyone knows a place in north new jersey or somewhere close to that that i can go that specializes in that type of amp please tell me…i cannot stress enough how desperate i am, any help would be appreciated thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Try to contact mike H.om: http://www.amptone.com, if he dosen’t reply (he runs alot of sites and does alot of custom work) post in the amp discussion forum and contact others there, what did the autoriized repair places say was wrong ??? there isn’t really alot to an avt head, so you could probally just get a schematic and troubleshoot it yourself. : hi im really desperate here, anything could help…a couple months ago i was playing my marshall avt150 head and the overdrive channels just went out, the overdrive 1 channel doesnt work at all and you can faintly hear the overdrive 2 channel if you turn the amp up VERY loud, by faintly i mean you can hear it if u put your ear up to the speaker….i figured there was something wrong with the tubes or the preamp, simple right? wrong…i took it to two authorized repair places and both said they couldnt fix it….i dont get any help from anyone on it, and everyone takes forever to fix it, if anyone knows a place in north new jersey or somewhere close to that that i can go that specializes in that type of amp please tell me…i cannot stress enough how desperate i am, any help would be appreciated thanks!

Anonymous

yea most likely it is the tube in the preamp section that would cause a loss in volume on the distortion channels. If no one can help u and u feel comfortable take it apart yourself and locate the tube (it would b very easy to identify) if all else fails, i live in North Jersy and maybe if ur really desperate we can try it out together…..i own an AVT50 combo and im posotive i will eventually encounter a burned tube in the preamp…..goodluck

Anonymous

: Try to contact mike H.om: http://www.amptone.com, if he dosen’t reply (he runs alot of sites and does alot of custom work) post in the amp discussion forum and contact others there, what did the autoriized repair places say was wrong ??? there isn’t really alot to an avt head, so you could probally just get a schematic and troubleshoot it yourself. : : : hi im really desperate here, anything could help…a couple months ago i was playing my marshall avt150 head and the overdrive channels just went out, the overdrive 1 channel doesnt work at all and you can faintly hear the overdrive 2 channel if you turn the amp up VERY loud, by faintly i mean you can hear it if u put your ear up to the speaker….i figured there was something wrong with the tubes or the preamp, simple right? wrong…i took it to two authorized repair places and both said they couldnt fix it….i dont get any help from anyone on it, and everyone takes forever to fix it, if anyone knows a place in north new jersey or somewhere close to that that i can go that specializes in that type of amp please tell me…i cannot stress enough how desperate i am, any help would be appreciated thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.