Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics How is STAGG guitars quality???

• This topic has 116 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 months ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

How is this?

More Stagg Guitars Information:

•Reviews
    •Videos
    •Information
    •Prices
    All available on our Stagg page

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

My name is michael and i am buying a stagg tele with a p90 pickup and single coil.Iwas curious to know if I have made a good choice since ,I have arelic tokai strat.Its on hold in a shop in aus.Iwatched the reviews,and demos,can you please show more demos on the guitar.Ithink I will keep it for a while and do some upgrades its vintage blue.

Anonymous

Plays great nuttiness made in the 70s

Anonymous

Okay they are not the best in the world to buy but as almost everything as in cars to airplanes, bikes, and boats all can be tweaked to make them perform better than original. I have taken a Stagg S strat model with alder body and removed all the parts and replaced the pickups/pots and small other parts with much better quality parts and overhauled the neck to were it is in near perfect. I can tell you that with a little work they can play just as good as a standard US made strat such as mine.
      Its just a body and neck, the rest is easy. You say why go though all that trouble, why not just buy a $1,200 Fender, one thing is if you want to play the guitar it is to know your guitar, what you get from Fender is a production model that I can guarantee you will change something on it to make it more personal for you to play, so the Stagg is a good platform to work from. You will be surprised what you can do with a cheap guitar body and neckr, maybe not so cheap when done but it plays and sounds the way you want it to.

Anonymous

I was in Brussels and found a Blackie Stagg Strat in a second hand shop lying on the floor way behind other cheap stuff.Picked it up,the neck felt great,the body looked like shit but felt strong and “heavy” It happened to be Alder wood. Bought it for 17 euro with the idea of giving it to my son. Went I got home,I plugged it in..sounded like shit but the neck felt great. I decided to take ALL the electronics OUT,bridge/tremolo and pegs…OUT!! I was left with only the neck andc body. I did a complete makeover…New pickguard,3 Texas specials pickups,Fender bridge(hardtail)New pots,new pegs, The guitar now sounds like a dream. Perfect action,incredible sound..better than my ’73 Fender Strat. Its got a SRV blues sound all the way to Gilmour. Never underestimate a “cheap”guitar”. For 17 euro + 200 euro (parts) I have a hell of a Strat!!
      Think I will give my son the ’73 Strat instead… 🙂

Anonymous

Just bought a matte black f300 V for $125. Yes, a set up was needed and new strings. A few minor adjustments made the guitar very playable. YouTube guitar setups if you don’t know how to do it. It’s a little pricey taking it in to a shop. But any guitarist who’s been playing for many years would have setups done regardless the quality of guitar.

Anonymous

just got my electric acoustic stagg beautifully made great tones n belted out wish u were here the family went nuts it was amazing great instrument…. buy one

Anonymous

Have tried, set up and played both stagg and rockburn les paul style guitars, once set up to ones personal taste both played well with perfectly acceptable tone, I have played both through my marshall jsm2000 dsl head and a roland street cube with great results and a reasonable range of sounds . For the money I think they offer entry level buyers excellent value.

Just another comment of a more general nature, trashing a brand or make with profanities (that means swearing to the moronic individuals who use these adjectives, nouns and verbs) is unhelpful to beginners who may be seeking informed opinion and guidance. Not all muso’s possess a vocabulary of four letter expletives. If you think something is inferior explain why and how, don’t just trash it, that’s so ignorant.

Anonymous

I bought a 12string acoustic in a pawn shop for $45 – took it home, cleaned it up, put new strings on it – it sounds as good, and play as good as my 12 string washburn. needless to say I paid a whole lot more for the washburn

Anonymous

I am unsure as to the age of my Stagg, but I had just acquired it for 120. I compared it to my friend’s Epiphone les Paul he had gotten for maybe 500 and am much more impressed with mine in terms of quality and just overall sound, I’ve been playing for 13 years.

Anonymous

I play guitar and bought one of their J bass’s a few years ago with a view to upgrade once I’d learned bass… had it set-up and I can now play bass to a good standard – and I still have the Stagg!! I even took it into the guitar shop to part exchange on a genuine Fender Jazz bass and it was difficult to justify the extra money as a non-pro bassist when we did a sound and playability check.

So if you can play really well and have the money, then yes you can definately justify the spend on a top end instrument. However, for those starting off or on a tight budget, then the Stagg will do a good job – especially when set-up (and played) well.

Anonymous

I wen to buy a guitar from a guy and noticed the body of another under wood in his garage.
      Asking what is was he said and old stagg will burn it he said.
      So i asked how much did he want he said give me £20.
      Its a cracker i favour this to my gibsons my fenders, what a pleasure to play.
      Its a PRS shape will never let this guitar go.

Anonymous

I’m hesitant to comment based on some of what I’ve seen above, but here goes:

I have been playing guitar 38 years. I bought a used Stagg Les Paul copy 3 years ago for CAD$150. It was a beautiful looking instrument – very nice woodgrains front and back. Yes I’m aware the top was probably thin veneer, but an audience would never know. It played as good as my real Gibson, and sounded good as well. I can’t compare the sound as my real LP had P90’s and the Stagg had humbuckers. It stayed in tune and I had no problems with intonation or neck warping. The only issue I had with the guitar was one of the tuneomatic saddle screws would loosen up and rattle. not enough to hear through an amp, but acoustically it could be heard. A drop of locktite would have cured it, but I didn’t get around to doing it. As other have commented, it’s so inexpensive that you don’t worry about it. I gigged with mine and left it in a guitar stand on stage.

I lost my guitars in a fire and would gladly buy another Stagg if I could find one.

J

Anonymous

I’m not sure about anyone else, and the negative reviews. I bought a Stagg L-350 at a local gutar shop, along with a 15 watt Crate amp, the gig bag, a DigiTech RP150…and the guy threw in a Pyle CDMI73 (a Shure SM43 clone) for free…said he couldn’t get it to work, when I told him I tinker with those kinds of things…he just gave it to me!! Got the whole lot for $200.00, and all that was wrong with the mic was a loose wire…best sounding vocal mic I’ve ever heard. I can’t complain about the Stagg L-350…yeah, it’s a Les Paul copy…but a DAMN GOOD copy at that. Once I got it all set up and tuned…I tested it against my friends Gibson Les Paul Custom…and I couldn’t tell the difference…feel, playability, sound. The only difference that I could tell was that the Stagg was a slight bit lighter, but no by much. I absolutely LOVE mine…I got the one in Root Beer Sunburst finish, and he had another one in a blue sunburst finish that I am going to go and buy tomorrow. Awesome guitars.

Anonymous

I’ve got 2 Stagg strat copy’s. Not sure of the model numbers, but they’re both what I believe to be slightly earlier models, as they both have the solid gold/bronze 3d headstock logo, not the sticker/decal type.
      Can they compare to high end guitars?, not really, but then why would they!!! It’d be like getting an England football team, and expecting them to do something f#@:ing worthwhile! I know nice guitars, I own nice guitars, so im not just chit shatting. The 2nd Stagg strat I’ve just picked up cost me £30!!! Of course it needed a set of strings and setting up, but then what guitar wouldn’t? The Stagg plays great, has a nice balance, a really good finish, and considering the pickups are probably made of melted down fairies wings, they really don’t sound bad. And to the window lickers who think they’re so shit the necks just snap off, what the hell are you doing with it!!
      Nowt wrong with Stagg guitars, pick em up, set em up, and enjoy playing the thing

Anonymous

I bought a sunburst Stagg LP off ebay for £25! The ad said spares or repairs so i was expecting a wreck. When it arrived it was almost like new ( seen worse hanging on the wall in shops as new). A replacement pickup selector switch (£1 from China including postage) and replacing a broken tone knob (4 for £1 from China including postage) and all is well. It’s so well set up I suspect the last owner had had it professionally done. I own far too many guitars including Gibsons and frankly, the Stagg is almost as good as the high end guitars I own. For the money new, they can’t be faulted, for a grand total of £27 it’s almost unbelievable.

Anonymous

The one thing I notice about all of these guitar review sites is that disckless little nerds with no talent bang on about how a string broke or it won’t stay in tune or how if it ain’t mahogany it’s just cardboard crap, and clearly these kinds of people are just pointless. I have owned over 40 guitars of all types in my life and I have recorded countless hours of pro music for myself and many others and played more live gigs than most of you have had hot lunches and here’s the poop from a REAL guitar player:

Strings are a personal choice and there’s so many kinds out there. Strings behave differently on different guitars. There are cheap strings and there are expensive strings for show-off widdlers who think massive displays of bending annoyance constitutes actual talent. But in reality pretty much any name brand medium quality guitar string like for instance Earnie Ball works perfectly fine for 99% of everybody.

Yes there are cheapo strings and some new cheapo guitars come fitted with them from the factory but anybody who just sticks with whatever strings came on a particular guitar is obviously a novice with no valid experience so their input is equally useless. Only a complete dogturd would rate any guitar by what strings it has on it.

Pickups in standard form are just magnets with wire wrapped around them. It’s not rocket science. Some people even make their own. Again the actual cost of a pickup doesn’t seem to bear any relation to how good it will sound. I’ve played a vast range of pickups and I swear some of the best tonal qualities I ever got were from some single coil cheapo things off a 1980’s Kay guitar and an even older Guyatone.

Wood is wood and most people couldn’t tell the subtle tonal difference between mahogany and plywood if they didn’t know which was which. There are guitars made from perspex and plastic and aluminum and all sorts of things and and you will certainly find some pro players who could afford whatever they want playing non-wood guitars, so it’s generally pointless to bang on about what a guitar is made from. The weight and build quality is far more important. I have a 1980’s Gibson SG and some unbranded 1970’s Japanese SG copy and I like them both pretty much equally. The Jap guitar weighs less so is easier to play standing up at gigs and sounds pretty much the same through the same amps etc.

Now the important bit: cost. All I can say is that if you want for instance a Strat type of guitar you can spend about 200 on a Squier or 2000 on a Fender and blind folded you probably can’t tell the difference which one you’re playing. So if you want a wooden fashion statement then buy one, and if you want a decent instrument at an affordable price then buy a Stagg.

It really is that simple.

Anonymous

I have owned the L320 “gothic black” model for a few months now, and jumpin jesus on a pogo stick, I am impressed! The action is a little high for my liking, but I haven’t brought it in for a setup yet. Other than that, it plays like a dream, neck is very straight and the frets seem pretty even, none of these bowing issues or varying fret heights people keep mentioning. It’s like any guitar make though isn’t it? Some are lemons, and it’s a shame, but it’s a fact. I’ve played Gibsons, Fenders, Gretches, PRS guitars that have sounded like shit or felt cumbersome or just not right in your hands.
      I play a lot of metal, blues and rockabilly kind of stuff, and the L320 has a great tone for metal on the bridge pickup and it knocks the shit out of my ass for playing blues/rockabilly funk on the neck pickup. the inlay is nice too

Anonymous

The only experience i had with one was during an inpromtu jam and i played some guys guitar. It had insanely authentic 50,s sounding pups ala Hank which apparently were stock to it .. but who knows.

Anonymous

Well,what that i say…i’m professional musician from over than 20 years and believe me or not i play Stagg basses.A bc300 and bc300 5 string bass guitar.I modified my basses with a Seymour Duncan pick ups and it’s playing like a dream!Great full adler body,maple neck like most expencive bass guitars.Yes,the build quality and the woods from they made from are great even tuners stay in tune for a long time.So don’t be a stupid and give a Stagg a chance.

Anonymous

They suck.

Anonymous

If got a stagg bass for 7 years now,played about 2 of those 7years.it went in the closet for 5 years still tuned.got it out the other day,neck was still straight.i changed the battery on the magnetic pickup,tuned it.same quality and great sound
      Its an awesome guiter

Anonymous

I have an R500 in blue and it really is a lovely guitar, bought from PMT in Southend uk. Very nice price. I play it through a 30 watt roland bolt tube amp plugged into a 4×10 cab with zoom effects and it sounds immense!

Anonymous

I own a number of guitars, off brands, and American standards, les Paul, tele, v’s, strats, etc etc. I’ve learned not to count on a guitar brand, and don’t count on your American made guitar not to have overseas parts, manufacturing, electronics, and so on. In the end if you’ve played enough guitars you can see feel and hear quality from poo… So play it, feel it, hear it, examine hardware, construction, types of woods and joinery, and evaluate if these parameters fit its price, then make a decision if you want it…

Anonymous

you get what you pay for. if you pay $150.00 for an instrument, you should not expect more than plywood and pick-ups. you want quality, buy Gibson or a Fender, they cost about 30 times the amount of a stagg, but they will last you a lifetime, and all you will need to do is change the strings several times a year.

Anonymous

While I can’t vouch for the quality of stagg guitars, their other, more obscure instruments (mandolin and banjo, both of which I own) are unbelievably poor. I bought the mandolin because I wanted to try out the instrument and the banjo was a gift from a non musical family member. The mandolin came with a twisted neck, the top string doesn’t protect at ALL and the bridge is badly cut. The banjo had a lovely open tone, it looks stellar, but all of the frets about 7 are mid-sized so the notes are flat. The octave is utterly horrible. I could not recommend these instruments any less.

Anonymous

many people on this blog are talking alot of crap about stagg but i have played for years have owned everything from gibson les paul to fender strat to even a bc rich warlock and i found my soulmate guitar in a music shop i went to for my birthday i tried a few guitars and i as always am very picky about what i play testing a few out retuning them was a pain even the fenders and “high class ” gibsons went out of tune fast then one guitar caught my eye as i was about to walk out the door it was a Stagg S402-GBK Standard “Fat S” Natural Satin Strat. i picked it up and it’s beauty and purity overwhelmed meas i took it to the amp i figured something that felt so right must have no sound quality i plugged it in and it had stayed in tune the entire time since someone last tested it its two single coils and one humbucker gave the most diverse tone quality i’ve ever heard it can be light and beautiful and then again heavy and intense she’s the perfect guitar i can’t express eenog how much of a connection imade with the instrument but i wouldn’t give that up for the world.

Anonymous

I bought a stagg copy of a telecaster a few years back. I have played guitars for 40 years,so I know what I am doing with them. I have to say, it is certainly the best copy I have ever owned. I love the feel,playability,but most of all the killer sound. its an awesome axe.

Anonymous

I’ve had my Staff for a couple of years, good quality and sound. The
      only dislike I have about it is the action is high… but nothing the local
      guitar shop can’t fix.

Anonymous

I didn’t buy one, I won it by getting 3rd place in a guitar competition. The action was really high, and acoustically it sounded kinda boxy, but it was free, so I took it home. I ran it thru my p.a. system thru the low z plug in…and was really surprised how warm it sounded. So, I lowered the action a bit, did some other modifications, and I really love this thing. I am truly surprised.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

i own a stagg stratocaster(copy) and i am having problem with the guitar……. the fret buzzing is pissing me and it wont be solved…. i have taken it to the guitar maintenance for couple of times but the problem is still on…. i don’t know what to do???

Anonymous

I love my Stagg. It is a L320 LP copy. I can’t see much of a difference between it and a Gibson. I have a Gibson L6 which is similar to a Les Paul. Both are great guitars, but the Stagg cost $100 from a guy on Craig’s List. He even included an awesome strap, that must have cost $50+ alone. Some guy on a different forum said he worked for Stagg and they are made at the same factories Epiphone makes their Les Pauls. I don’t know if this is true, but this is what he said.

Anonymous

Ok. I am getting on a bit age wise but played guitar for 50+ yrs. I only have 3 guitars thats all i ever needed. My pride is my Fender f55-12 my kick about is a Samik archtop well worn but well played. I also have a Stagg L/P copy white /gold. It cost me pennies compared to the others but let me give
      my opinion. For Its shop price of £140 +its a give away, it looks a million dollars when its clean and the sound i find is dam good. I use a digitech rp355 and the sounds i get are quiet amazing. Ok It does require a tune now and then but not a problem. I have had no gripes in the 3 yrs i have owned it. I change strings regular but thats just me. I use Ernie Ball S/S 9-42s. Do not expect to get a Stagg out its box and play, spend some time on set up (thats why the bridge is adjustable, String height and intonation. If you want a kick about guitar then you cant go far wrong with the Stagg. Now i said all that without slagging anyone off or effin and blinding. I gave my opinion how i feel about the guitar. If wanted a high end name then i would have paid £ four fig but i don’t. Oh A friend of mine used my Stagg for a live gig and he was dead chuffed with its performance (he’s a good player) so lets all enjoy our Staggs or if you can’t then sell the dam thing.

Anonymous

About 5 or 6 years ago, I began shopping for my first electric guitar, ( I currently own 7 guitars) since I am not a professional guitarist I didn’t allocate a huge amount of money to a hobby pursuit, I looked at all kinds of guitars mostly in the 200-500 $ range. I bought a Stagg LP for about 199$ because it was better sounding, smoother playing and finished much nicer than any guitars I could find in my price range.I swear this guitar could have come off the same construction line as the 499$ Epiphone LP Deluxe’s, the Staggs finish is execellant, the body is bound, the rosewood neck is true and the fret wires were even and nicely rounded on the ends'(unlike many Squires I played, that had sharp and jagged fret ends). I bought this guitar because I judged it superior to the Epiphones in same price ranges, and have never regretted it, I did some minor set-up adjustments for a bit of low end buzz and that is the only maintaince it has ever needed, in fact my 600$ PRS needed more set-up adjustments. Try a Stagg if the one you’re looking at plays well, consider buying it, if not what have youy lost?

Anonymous

You are imbeciles, almost all of you.

Your extreme and overwhelming stupidity is so mind-blowing that it’s difficult to understand how you can even play an instrument, yet alone live a normal life. I sincerely hope the majority of you no-brains are little kids. That would at least explain such profound and pathetic ignorance.

Nothing wrong with Stagg. The problem, is probably you.

Anonymous

There are so many juvenile almost illiterate remarks regarding Stagg guitars probably made by incompetent non-descript guitarists.
      I do not own one, but have played one or two, they are what you pay for and sometimes even better. I have a Gibson SJ 200 standard amongst my collection and is by no means the easiest of guitars to play and the sound is no better than my Dean or Luna guitars. But they are all uniquely different sounds and the difference in price is sometimes over £2,000. And if you mention quality, the etched pattern on the finger plate on the Gibson is beginning to fade, and its only two months old and played rarely, probably for about three hours in total. Hows that for quality on a guitar costing over £2500.

Anonymous

I have Stagg SG G-300,and i’m quite happy with it. Don’t be afraid,buy it if you like it.

P.S. Haters gonna hate.

Anonymous

I bought one in 1978. Great guitar most impressive is the fretboard action. After a few years it started getting problems with the electrics but a couple of years ago I got all the guts replaced and a couple of Bluesbuckers. Beautiful sound and great to play.

Jason
        Participant

Are you shure it was a Stagg you bought in 1978?

According to this Stagg Information page, they didn’t start until 1995.

Anonymous

I play guitar for a living, and my main guitar for the past 12-13 years has been an American made Custom Classic telecaster. Two Texas Special strat pickups in the neck, and middle position, and a Texas Special telecaster pickup in the bridge, shielded cavities/pickguard with a star ground. Recently a friend “gave” me a Stagg strat that was in pieces…..the neck was warped, it had no nut, no claw, or springs for the tremolo, the input was shorted out, the ground was ripped off, and the tuners were very sticky, but upon inspection it looked like a very nicely put together axe. I took the claw, and springs from some no name guitar that had nothing, but the claw, and spring left in it, a brass nut off of another piece of junk, then I fixed the input jack, and ground wiring, I put new strings on it, and adjusted the truss rod which straightened the neck perfectly as well as slight fret leveling (whoever owned the guitar previously had played chords only, and the frets were pretty worn closer to the head stock, but still pristine toward the body), worked the tuners until they loosened up perfectly…..did a proper set up on the action, and intonation , and I was utterly AMAZED at the quality of this cheap instrument. I’m now replacing my American Custom Shop telecaster with this cheap ass Stagg as my main stage guitar. The quality can NOT be beat with these instruments in my opinion.

Anonymous

Firstly, if you think they are “shyte” how come you got one. What did you expect for the money you knew it was cheap. All i can think is your playing is shyte and you need a fx pedal to mask your mistakes..I got a couple class guitars i also got a Stagg L400 white /gold/. It looks the dogs wotsits and ok the sound is not the best in the toy box but its ok in my book but then again i can play. I use it on my Zoom 707 pedal ( to cover my mistakes ; -) and it makes good music. You won’t see many on stage gigs, but in house’s, Have a few beers and hey enjoy it. For £100 ish pounds its not a custom shop is it.

Anonymous

I owned fender guitars and stagg guitars, both guality are the same. there the best guitars I have ever owned, and I owned alot of them, I have been playing since I was 12. I am 47 know, I hope this helps, thanks.

Anonymous

I work in a guitar repair shop, I get to play lots of nice top end guitars and have a modest collection myself. I was not too familiar with Stagg when we took one in on trade, a Les Paul knock-off. After doing a set up that we do standard on all of our trade in instruments and a fresh set of strings I sat down and played this guitar. I was absolutely amazed at the rich mellow sound and sustain that was coming from this “cheap” little guitar. We had a customers Gibson Les Paul in for a set up, when he came in to pick it up I asked if he’d mind if we did I did a side by side comparison between the two. He was speechless, there was little if any noticeable difference in the two. I was delighted that it performed so well. Guess what? That trade in Stagg came home with me that day, and has quickly become one of my favorite guitars.

Anonymous

stagg L250 les paul is great…astig!!!!

Anonymous

A little less bad mouthing and more useful information wouldn’t go amiss then some useful information might make this site worth visiting.

Regard to all

Mike

Anonymous

: How is this? STAGG ARE SO SHIT, THEY COPY OTHER "GOOD" GUITAR MAKES DESIGNS, THEY SOUND SHIT, THEY FEEL SHIT AND YOU KNOW WAT? THERE SHIT!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

: How is this? i like to shag my stagg

Anonymous

: How is this? the thing is though, i really like stagg, even though they are shit, im shit so it dosent matter

Anonymous

: How is this? why are people saying that stagg is good and cheap when you can buy a perfectly good squier form argos for £200 and its much better, so stagg are shit asshole!

Anonymous

: How is this? there not quality, there crap, they are so crap that they cant even stay in tune for 5 minues, waste of wood

Anonymous

these are great guitars when set up correctly. i find the L series to be a great alternative to the gibson les pual. the l series give that same deep bluesy tone but at a fraction of the cost of a les pual.

Anonymous

Can we, or atleast I get a answer from somone that can actually type. The opinions of most of you in that the way you type makes me think that you are of 14 years of age. I have played guitar for 5 years and only have 2 guitars. It is time for me to get a new guitar, and I wanted something like a Les Paul.I do not have the money so am wondering if Stagg is good.

Anonymous

I have got about 16 guitars but I think that my stagg is better than my fender

Anonymous

IM 11 years old i’ve been playing nearly a year I started of with a Stagg S300 then i realise is got the buzz diesease (String makes a buzzig noise) I went to academy of sound and they said it would cost 60 quid to fix!!! so i say stagg has no quality whats so ever

Anonymous

: IM 11 years old i’ve been playing nearly a year I started of with a Stagg S300 then i realise is got the buzz diesease (String makes a buzzig noise) I went to academy of sound and they said it would cost 60 quid to fix!!! so i say stagg has no quality whats so ever Bless you, my little 11 year old! Aaaahhh – so SWEET! UUUUURGH!! Come on, sonny – its called a "setup", and every guitar you’ll ever play will need one. I own 2 Staggs (1 Tele-alike, 1 LP-alike), both of which are fantastic value for money and play superbly – but only ‘cos I spent time SETTING THEM UP PROPERLY. If you wan’t a guitar that is perfectly set up straight from the factory, you’ll need to go to the Fender Custom Shop and have one custom made just for you, with YOUR fret sizes, YOUR string guages, YOUR string height ("action"), YOUR nut height, etc. etc. etc. Frankly, at 11 years old, I’m amazed that you can even REACH the fingerboard, let alone detect any fret buzz!! You’ll learn a lot as you get older, and you’ll surely be a much better guitarist than me. But whatever you do – before you make ridiculous comments about the quality of anyone’s guitars – engage your brain FIRST, then open your mouth…..

Anonymous

: : IM 11 years old i’ve been playing nearly a year I started of with a Stagg S300 then i realise is got the buzz diesease (String makes a buzzig noise) I went to academy of sound and they said it would cost 60 quid to fix!!! so i say stagg has no quality whats so ever : Bless you, my little 11 year old! Aaaahhh – so SWEET! UUUUURGH!! : Come on, sonny – its called a "setup", and every guitar you’ll ever play will need one. I own 2 Staggs (1 Tele-alike, 1 LP-alike), both of which are fantastic value for money and play superbly – but only ‘cos I spent time SETTING THEM UP PROPERLY. If you wan’t a guitar that is perfectly set up straight from the factory, you’ll need to go to the Fender Custom Shop and have one custom made just for you, with YOUR fret sizes, YOUR string guages, YOUR string height ("action"), YOUR nut height, etc. etc. etc. : Frankly, at 11 years old, I’m amazed that you can even REACH the fingerboard, let alone detect any fret buzz!! You’ll learn a lot as you get older, and you’ll surely be a much better guitarist than me. But whatever you do – before you make ridiculous comments about the quality of anyone’s guitars – engage your brain FIRST, then open your mouth….. leave the kid alone. it would have been just as easy to explain what a setup than to ridicule him for making a comment if your reading this kid you just keep playing and enjoying yourself. your going to meet loads of grumpy bastards like this along the road og life but remember they will die of stress related illness long before you do.

Anonymous

: How is this? I’ve bought mine about 5 years ago and i still have it and it still works perfect. stagg makes quallity guitars for a good price

Anonymous

: How is this? I’ve bought mine about 5 years ago and i still have it and it still works perfect. stagg makes quallity guitars for a good price

Anonymous

: How is this?; Stagg guitars… beautiful works of art basically, i bought mine for £100(thats around $140 ROUGHLY) and i’ve not regreted it, i mainly bought it cos’ it was cheap, but i have to say i fell in love with it after striking the strings for the first time, i’ll never buy an expensive guitar when i can get a £100 STAGG…

Anonymous

i love it!!!

Anonymous

: How is this? ok…. wow everyone is talking about a guitar brand. One guy even called american’s yanks over it. Holy crap you guys need better things to worry about in your lives. what was with the cool guy who made jokes about eyes and sunlight? man hes really gay. I played a skagg today and I cant tell the difference. Im not a beginner, i have been playing for years and I am in a sucessful band in california. I say, if you like a skagg get one, dont listen to a bunch of losers in a forum

Anonymous

ive aLWAYS BEEN FASINATED BY HOMOSEXUALLITY

Anonymous

: ive aLWAYS BEEN FASINATED BY HOMOSEXUALLITY&^INSERTING MY PENIS IN ANOTHER MALES ANUS OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I have a STAGG just bought it today.. As far as being one sexy guitar it plays like a dream… Im a little worried about how long thats going to last though.. the price had me a bit shakey the store had it knocked down to 200 bucks they did say that they will be raising the price though… so what I think is STAGG has some real crap makes and some great metal guitars! doesnt even buzz

Anonymous

I own a real gibson les paul and a fake one (stagg) besides a little detail (finish etc) its exactly the same, i am very happy with my stagg les paul and to be honest : stagg can sell their gear for 3 times the price!!!! and if anybody had some flaws with their stagg… it can happen with gibson or fenders aswell so all you purists….get a life !!! go buy a stagg

Anonymous

Where can I purchase one other than a used one on ebay. I’m looking for a lefty Jazz-Box that they make. Thanks

Anonymous

I purchased my Les Paul Stagg at Encore Music in Auburn California. I’m very stunned by the craftsmanship that goes into this supposed, non crafted guitar. I own other imitations like a Samick Tele like by Gregg Bennett. The Stagg is far better.

Anonymous

staggs are great m8 got 1 meself

Anonymous

i have a stagg les paul and it is a dream 2 play so fuck u bitch!!! 😛

Anonymous

: How is this? How old are you people? And what the heck are you doing to you guitars?? I’ve got 48 guitars…some Vintage some brand X…they can be very cool. Never had a neck ‘break off’…detuning can be fix with new tuning heads and locks…Have a little imagination….Have fun…Oh, and grow up.

Anonymous

I’ve been playing bass for over 30 years and own many.my stagg jazz bass is one of my favorites,great tones for any sound you’re looking to play.maybe I got great one it looks just like my fender jazz and sound just as good,really a solid dependable bass.i would recommend stagg basses for anyone looking for quality for low cost!

Anonymous

I have a beautiful Stagg R500 which is a copy of a PRS. The sound through my Marshall FDX100 combo is superb – no noticable difference between this and my gennuine PRS other than the price tag of course! I have to do a bit of tinkering with the adjustments to get the guitar to be custom for my playing style but this took no longer than an hour. I am delighted with my Stagg – it is superb value for money and the "bang for the buck" just can’t be matched by any other product on the market place in my opinion. The build quality and sound are just A1. Buy one – you won’t regret it! 😉

Anonymous

I have the same R500 in blue. Just beautiful to look at, plays like a dream, sounds great. Best £100 I have ever spent!

Anonymous

: How is this? all of these reviews are about as usefull as a ham sandwich at a jewish wedding, I was gonna buy one and I thought it would be usefull to see what other players thought, anyone got something constructive to say?

Anonymous

I have a number of students who buy and bring in a variety of models of Stagg guitars. I’ve found that they generally have no factory adjustments and that the Chinese generally leave the actions pretty high. Once I make bridge and neck adjustments, lower the action and adjust the pickups, most models seem to sound reasonably well and some sound very good. You have to remember that for a price under $200-300 (in most instances) not much in the way of factory adjustment can be done. That’s too bad but if Gibson had a guitar that they sold for $200-300 they wouldn’t be able to make pre-shipment adjustments either. I’ve had to lower, raise or tilt pickups on almost every electric. Here and there I need to level a couple of frets that weren’t set right but I’ve also had to do that on many other models including some high-priced instruments.

In fact, the Chinese quality gets just a tad better with almost every container load that arrives. I’ve been teaching and playing since the early 70’s and recall when the quality rate for any Chinese guitar was about 1 out of 24. Now, almost all can be made into a playable instrument in half an hour or so. For students I do the adjustments and set-ups for free, for anyone else $25.

Also, let’s be honest, it’s unfair to call a Stagg, or any low price point guitar, a piece of crap compared to a genuine Les Paul or a US made Fender. In fact, to compare a $200 guitar to other than a $200 guitar is to compare apples to oranges.

Most of the adjustments and tweaks that I do on the low price point guitars have already been done to Gibsons and Fenders. Gibson and Fender have to add the costs of doing those adjustments into the final cost of the instrument and then calculate the asking price from that total cost. Even so, I still find myself doing the occasional adjustment to some pretty expensive guitars. Very few arrive 100% perfect.

Finally, abuse does break guitars and guitar parts. And, the “F” and “S” words do nothing to add to your integrity; rather, they mask what your abilities and integrity might really be.

Anonymous

Excellent write-up. I bought a Stagg guitar for my daughter many years ago for about $160. Needless to say she lost interest and stopped playing and the guitar has been in a closet, unused for a few years.

Although the quality of the fret work and neck finish leaves a bit to be desired, the overall feel, sound and playability of the guitar is great. The body and electronics are as good as many Fenders I have played. I got the guitar out last night and ran in through my little Fender Super Champ XD and wow, the tone was spectacular.

In contrast, I have a $3200 custom hand made guitar that I had made about 10 years ago and it has always been a disappointment. It looks amazing (Master Grade soild flame maple body) but the playability and the tone are just not there. I have also played a friend’s 2004 Gibson Supreme and I was very disappointed in the quality and playability of it. I would pick my daughter’s “cheapy” Stagg over my custom and the Supreme any day. My only disagreement with your comment is that sometimes, even a low end cheap guitar can be compared to a more expensive guitar. 😉

Anonymous

Well said… I bought a Stagg bass to learn with a view of upgrading to ‘something better’ in a few months time.
          I got it home I had to do a set-up and wow! Once the set-up was complete I ended up with a very, very nice playing bass that feels and plays like a MUCH more expensive instrument!
          (PS – You can’t skimp on a bass amp – even the best bass will sound crap through a cheap amp!)

Anonymous

I recorded this with a Stagg tele copy I bought for $80.
        What do you think(if you hate jazz,just focus on the tone of the guitar)
        Ilove it for a cheap guitar!

Anonymous

I listened to that sound clip and if it was done with a $80 Stagg well I’m staggered (groan), so impressed that I’m going to buy one. Thabk you for the clip.

Anonymous

My stagg neck snapped off

Anonymous

I have a stagg les paul and it´s like shiiit..but it´s cool. it´s hard deal getting it tuned. Which country makes STagg?

Jason
        Participant

Here is some detailed information on Stagg Guitars:

Stagg Overview, Videos, and Reviews

Anonymous

: she is made in China but Stagg is a Belgium trade mark

Anonymous

Britain makes stagg guitars, on all their guitar "bundles" they have the union jack.

Anonymous

They are actually a Belgian Company set up in 1995 in Brussels.

Anonymous

Stagg sucks: the sound, the feeling, just everything. it’s cheap motherfucking trash.

Anonymous

dude, give stagg a chance. i think the reason you think its crap is because of the logo. yeah its crap and probably not flashy. but give the brand another chance. i own 3 gibson lespauls and about 4 stagg les pauls. the other 3 were crap until i upgraded the last one into a R tech pickup and it almost sounds the same as the gibs. a cheap crappy pickup that sounds like spongebob getting hit in the dick will always do a bad first impression on the player. i reccomend you get a more expensive model if you want a better sound quality

Anonymous

stagg is like the best guitar ever asshole!!

Anonymous

: stagg is like the best guitar ever asshole!! do you have a stutter??

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

I own more tha ten top brand guitars (some of them vintage). I never thought I would buy a cheap guitar. But after trying a stagg PRS copy I could´nt believe the price (the quality is ok, but the price was so mind blowing that I could´nt resist) The bung for the buck is the best in the market (at least on this PRS Copys)

Anonymous

: I own more tha ten top brand guitars (some of them vintage). : I never thought I would buy a cheap guitar. But after trying a stagg PRS copy I could´nt believe the price (the quality is ok, but the price was so mind blowing that I could´nt resist) : The bung for the buck is the best in the market (at least on this PRS Copys) i have one and i cant be sure really ive played so many sucky guitars but the pickup selector did break 5 days after buying it

Anonymous

My Stagg guitar has the annoying habit of detuning really quickly..But what do you expect for €175,- The sound quality is ok, a little bit twangy and not as fullbodied as other more expensive guitars….But what do you expect for €175,- Consider saving up your money and going for something a bit more upmarket!! 0.log 1.log backups credentials demo.sql.gz docker docker-compose.ssl.yml docker-compose.yml Dockerfile docker-sync.yml docs files maps nginx.proxied.proxy nginx.proxy node_modules output.json package.json plgs.tar.gz public_html reports.md run-after-full-import.md scripts start-http.json sync sync.0pIk sync.0th9 sync.1laT sync.1scW sync.26M4 sync.2psQ sync.3GRz sync.3Iwf sync.3QUK sync.3sVh sync.3VQb sync.3WNC sync.42xB sync.4Mvm sync.4MXp sync.4qQx sync.4xgU sync.5hgC sync.5Nel sync.5rrd sync.5VRJ sync.5XnR sync.6A8u sync.6AJs sync.6GFq sync.6hsD sync.6jyd sync.6wjU sync.6WMT sync.7c0x sync.7dsW sync.7iAy sync.7kPv sync.7Q0d sync.81aX sync.84gh sync.8Jfd sync.8PYu sync.8whL sync.90LU sync.92Lm sync.99t9 sync.9qz4 sync.9s5A sync.9YeU sync.9Ywl sync.9Z21 sync.A8fm sync.ADCg sync.aDRz sync.aFtL sync.aocI sync.ap2a sync.As8B sync.Aw0r sync.awiY sync.aX8C sync.b63o sync.bCpV sync.BhLT sync.BKn3 sync.bN5A sync.bUSU sync.bY0K sync.c91V sync.cEUw sync.cFkA sync.cGjo sync.ch8p sync.CIZJ sync.CjnZ sync.CMRN sync.cOHq sync.Cq69 sync.CSP0 sync.cWe7 sync.d0J6 sync.dDxW sync.dfrB sync.dGNt sync.DigX sync.dl4x sync.DNqn sync.dPUs sync.dsee sync.DvPg sync.dWV2 sync.DxgD sync.dXpm sync.DzAR sync.e2CE sync.E5Il sync.E60V sync.E7EO sync.EaIM sync.eAyP sync.Ef2s sync.EkEX sync.EQrM sync.et3C sync.EZm1 sync.f0kM sync.f3jD sync.f8ae sync.fFv0 sync.FGIO sync.ft8w sync.ftmX sync.FYBN sync.Gb7r sync.GJMQ sync.gmdw sync.gQtb sync.Gs44 sync.gy9H sync.h9xJ sync.HcgS sync.HCZd sync.Hfcq sync.hggN sync.HIrk sync.HIUP sync.hlca sync.HSsB sync.i8wa sync.IEVo sync.iFa1 sync.ione sync.IU9P sync.izSw sync.J4aq sync.J97D sync.JawD sync.JDa7 sync.Ji52 sync.jKMx sync.JPO5 sync.JtiI sync.k2Gy sync.K9rj sync.kb5z sync.KeaE sync.KGbP sync.KgVY sync.KoYa sync.KS6I sync.KYej sync.kZ2a sync.L2Z6 sync.LeHz sync.ljJ2 sync.lLc8 sync.LMX8 sync.Lpy4 sync.lqro sync.LvGg sync.Lx5a sync.lXh9 sync.lybD sync.LYRY sync.MHuV sync.MltK sync.MsVX sync.mVuY sync.mwyZ sync.n2AE sync.NebV sync.nnA8 sync.npLy sync.Nre7 sync.nsTg sync.OB3z sync.oJwH sync.OMK3 sync.OPpP sync.paxM sync.pGfy sync.pIwP sync.pK37 sync.pKd3 sync.Pkgs sync.PKlK sync.PTTg sync.pxjL sync.Qqxy sync.qRBf sync.qsxz sync.qt7y sync.QTPS sync.qV0C sync.QWe4 sync.qxrd sync.R2X0 sync.rOQp sync.rYeW sync.rzLd sync.Sg60 sync.sper sync.SQy5 sync.SRCe sync.SwsI sync.SYB0 sync.tLJE sync.ttL2 sync.tue3 sync.twny sync.TzJU sync.u9U4 sync.ugcH sync.UHYA sync.ukQs sync.uLj3 sync.ULNv sync.V7Vl sync.vf2X sync.vhFr sync.VkF8 sync.Vqkx sync.VR2Q sync.VYiB sync.VYIR sync.vz24 sync.vzw2 sync.w0Yo sync.WcNv sync.WiDl sync.WlqP sync.WQmB sync.wUAk sync.wy7K sync.wzqf sync.X0tS sync.x8i4 sync.xFZD sync.XPUg sync.XwsU sync.xZT1 sync.Y4OP sync.y6Rf sync.ydia sync.YJVv sync.YmU2 sync.YrJa sync.yRoY sync.yZO8 sync.Z0ov sync.zFJg sync.zmoG sync.ZRCY sync.ztlz sync.ZuDk sync.ZUot taxonomy_export.json tmp users.sql web wordpress wp_users.sql yarn.lock

Anonymous

: Stagg sucks: the sound, the feeling, just everything. : it’s cheap motherfucking trash. Might be to you, but for us beginners theyre great. the r500 got a rave review.

Anonymous

I mean, they are not realy bad. I play a Fretlesbass for some songs and I´m very surprised about that cheap Instrument. But another Qustion is, Who build Stagg-Guitars ??? Regarts from Germany Axel

Anonymous

: How is this?

Anonymous

in fact they are one of the best makes so the are really good quality espesily bass

Anonymous

they were rubbish in shops everyone says they are mine broke when i was t5uning it

Anonymous

: they were rubbish in shops : everyone says they are mine broke when i was t5uning it you must be shit at tuning

Anonymous

I’m not going to say something childish like “You must be shit at…”. I have no time for schoolyard politics.

You ARE Shit! Period.

Stagg … fuck! stagg… a “solid wood body” made from glue and wood-chips, crap set-up, shitty strings. The fucking frets are so badly filed that you cut yourself moving your hand up and down the neck. No two fret heights are the same and the closest we could get to a straight neck has a bow from the 6th to the 12th frets.

The pick-ups can barely feel a vibration at all (Sounds great for a player too poor to buy an amp).

This is the worst piece of shit I’ve ever had the misfortune to play.

Anonymous

First off, I own two Fender USA built Strats, a USA built Gibson Les Paul and a USA built Gibson SG. Also a USA built Martin D16. These guitars are all superlative, however they are not the instruments you would use to play on a daily basis, perhaps allowing novice students to try their hand on.

The Stagg instruments require a bit of setting up, not beyond the skills of most experienced players, and definitely easy work for most guitar technicians. Once set up, you will have a rock solid workhorse guitar. Obviously it’s not a Gibson or a Fender, you could probably buy 50 Staggs for the price of a decent Gibson, but you wouldn’t want to play an expensive Gibson all day every day.

It’s horses for courses.

Anonymous

So if I get it right, a beginner such as myself would be much better off getting a different brand. There are plenty of guitars out there in that price range that are better put together and do not require either a skilled technician or a veteran guitarist to squeeze a sound out of it.
                Cheers !

Anonymous

: : they were rubbish in shops : : everyone says they are mine broke when i was t5uning it : you must be shit at tuning who’s complaining at $150 freakin dollars.

Anonymous

: : How is this? i never heard of STAGG guitars, So mabey not that good, but what do I know?

Anonymous

: : : : How is this? : i never heard of STAGG guitars, So mabey not that good, but what do I know? NOTHING.

Anonymous

First of all get out more,
            I played one in a music shop I’m only a novice but it played better than the fender I have as in it was easier to play bar chords, the sound is a little thin but have played a similar style Yamaha guitar and that was the same as the body is narrower. The build quality looks good worth buying I think about £135. that was for a left handed one so R H might be cheaper.

Regards to all
            M

Anonymous

: How is this? stagg guitars a fu****g excellent, and look beuatiful at the same time, i bought one 2 months ago, and it has kept its tune like a dream, mine is a les paul, and with rythm and lead, there are many different sounds, they are amazing, and good value too, so buy one or im gonna cut u like a fish!

Anonymous

stagg are a shite guitar make even though i own one myself.

Anonymous

no

Anonymous

Great guitar,good quality,good sound.

Anonymous

For the equivalent of $300 USD I bought a Stagg acoustic/electric cutaway bass in Moscow that has maintained excellent tune for the past 18 months. The original strings lasted that long until I recently broke the G string, and for that price (as opposed to a $1200 Martin) I can play music all the time. I am a teacher, and I am comfortable letting my students try it out without the fear of someone besmirching a sacred object. Yes, some of the major components are plastic, but the sound is super, both on electric and acoustic settings, and I don’t have to shlep an amplifier around with me all the time. I’d like to buy stock in the company and be a spokesperson. Don’t dis’ the Stagg, yo!

Anonymous

I own 3 Stagg guitars…One acoustic ( SW 205-BK ) one( S-300) electric and 1( MB 370-H ) bass….I’ve been playing for over 48 years…One must tinker with the settings a bit, but once you have both the bridge and pickups set to your liking, you wont find a better axe, for the money… Great value…

Anonymous

: stagg are a shite guitar make even though i own one myself. :ur a shitty player than.

Viewing 64 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.