Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics what’s the best humbucker?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’m looking to get a new bridge humbucker for my Ibanez guitar. I’ve got a DiMarzio Super Distortion in there, but I was told it’s nothing to an EMG. I like to play mainly rock. But anything between the Red Hot Chili Peppers style to Weezer to Ozzy to Linkin Park to Incubus. The tone I want is some cross between Weezer and Incubus I guess. So what kind of humbucker should I throw in there?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

EMG’s (active) are pretty hot, I have a strat w/ Dimarzio XN2 in the bridge, SD hot rail center, and super distortion in neck and can get the type of sounds you are looking for, with all the tapping combos between the pickups it’s a pretty versitle setup. : I’m looking to get a new bridge humbucker for my Ibanez guitar. I’ve got a DiMarzio Super Distortion in there, but I was told it’s nothing to an EMG. I like to play mainly rock. But anything between the Red Hot Chili Peppers style to Weezer to Ozzy to Linkin Park to Incubus. The tone I want is some cross between Weezer and Incubus I guess. So what kind of humbucker should I throw in there?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.