Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics How to play “Ska”?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hello everybody.
    I like the songs of ReelBigFish and I want to play them on my own . Can anybody tell my how I play the short chords? (the rhythm)?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Bleh listen to some real ska like the selecter, or the specials. the only remotley good ska now a days is the suicide machines or the fab rudies.

Anonymous

rude boys unite to listen to judge dread and bad manners the only good ska band today is sublime mofo

Anonymous

: Bleh listen to some real ska like the selecter, or the specials. the only remotley good ska now a days is the suicide machines or the fab rudies. Fabulous Rudies are AWESOME. Of course, so is Reel Big Fish. Also, Mad Caddies

Anonymous

errm…alot of ska is 2 upstroke muted chords (clean) try upstroke downstroke muted chords while distortion thats what i use for my more ska / than punk songs…. plus if you got the dosh purchase some dan electro effects theyre chorus is awesome for ska..hope i helped

Anonymous

:You palm mute first and once you strum up you palm mute again. Try to play the songs "I want your girlfriend to be my girlfriend too." or "Beer"

Anonymous

Palm muting isn’t quick or sharp enough to play ska rhythm guitar. Ok, here’s what you do: Bar the top three strings. Then, play them on the upstroke. On the down stroke, stop pushing on the strings. Don’t take your fingers off, just release pressure on the strings. This creates the rythm you here, and the short sounding chords. Repeat as needed. This is all done quickly, of course. Good luck.

Anonymous

need to learn how….give me any tips please!!! email me

Anonymous

: Palm muting isn’t quick or sharp enough to play ska rhythm guitar. Ok, here’s what you do: Bar the top three strings. Then, play them on the upstroke. On the down stroke, stop pushing on the strings. Don’t take your fingers off, just release pressure on the strings. This creates the rythm you here, and the short sounding chords. Repeat as needed. This is all done quickly, of course. Good luck.

Anonymous

I need to learn how to play ska, like mustard plug, and Catch 22, but not just them, I just wanna learn how to play ska in general!

Anonymous

: I need to learn how to play ska, like mustard plug, and Catch 22, but not just them, I just wanna learn how to play ska in general!

Anonymous

: : I need to learn how to play ska, like mustard plug, and Catch 22, but not just them, I just wanna learn how to play ska in general!

Anonymous

: : : I need to learn how to play ska, like mustard plug, and Catch 22, Reel big fish but not just them, I just wanna learn how to play ska in general!

Anonymous

Play the guitar on a clean sound and play on the off beat (1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &) play on the &’s. RBF usually plays on the first down beat to start of a new chord. Glad to help but if you figure out what amp settings they use that would be a great help for me

Anonymous

: Hello everybody. : I like the songs of ReelBigFish and I want to play them on my own . Can anybody tell my how I play the short chords? (the rhythm)?

Anonymous

Just do a barchord using the 5th root and strumb hard upwards on a irregular beat and mute slighty on the downstroke (last bits optional)

Anonymous

i know how to play ska, but i just cant put it into practice. they say to upstroke then quickly palm mute, but its not as easy as it look. you’ll find easier with a plec. sorry if its no help. sam

Anonymous

when sturming down mute strings with left hand in shape for chord and when sturming up press down to make sound

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.