Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Is this a fake 70,s yamaha bass

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I recently purchased a yamaha bass 1976-77 acording to original purchaser, but cannot find it anywhere, even on the yamaha site. The ser.#, is engraved or stamped on the bottom portion of the fretboard , but yamaha site doesn’t recognise it. Owner insists it a yamaha he purchased from a yamaha dealer. Devil horns style body , short scale.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

That aint no fake!!!! It’s an original BB series Yamaha as long as….. On the back of the headstock, a serial number should be stamped, and under that should be Made in Japan. If it says Made in Taiwan, it is a late 80’s repro of the BB series. I have an original BB400s I picked up over 10 years ago from a small pawn shop. I paid $75 australian dollars. I still have it, love the tone, the build quality, it’s all good. I saw one of the Taiwan repro’s the other day for $400 australian dollars, but with retrofitted active pickups. No where near as good condition or build as mine, but they’re getting old and hard to find. By the way, the Michael Anthony BBseries has the same body style, I think they are BB1500ma and BB3000ma.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.