Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics how to attach a guitar strap??

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Help how do I attatch my guitar strap onto my accoustic guitar? What do I hook it on to?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jason
      Participant

We’ve published a special guide to straps for acoustic guitars which explains what you need if you only have 1 strap pin, or even none. This includes special straps and adapters.

See:
      Straps for acoustic guitars

Anonymous

: Help how do I attatch my guitar strap onto my accoustic guitar? What do I hook it on to? You need a button at the bottom of the guitar to attach one end to. If you don’t have a button at the top of the body you need a strap with ‘laces’ which tie around the neck just above the nut.

Anonymous

: : Help how do I attatch my guitar strap onto my accoustic guitar? What do I hook it on to? : You need a button at the bottom of the guitar to attach one end to. If you don’t have a button at the top of the body you need a strap with ‘laces’ which tie around the neck just above the nut. Take a trip to your local guitar shop. Your luthier can attach a ‘pin’ to the neck side of the body for about $2.00. This is a preferred method as it places less stress on the neck.

Anonymous

Best Way: Go to Frank Ford’s website Frets.com He shows how to do this. Most acoustics have an end pin at the lower end. One end of the strap goes there and the other end on the pin you will install. Or get installed.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.