how to attach a guitar strap??

Posted by Laura on Thu, 07/25/02 - 20:48:57.

Help how do I attatch my guitar strap onto my accoustic guitar? What do I hook it on to?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: how to attach a guitar strap??

: Help how do I attatch my guitar strap onto my accoustic guitar? What do I hook it on to?

You need a button at the bottom of the guitar to attach one end to. If you don't have a button at the top of the body you need a strap with 'laces' which tie around the neck just above the nut.

: : Help how do I attatch my guitar strap onto my accoustic guitar? What do I hook it on to?

: You need a button at the bottom of the guitar to attach one end to. If you don't have a button at the top of the body you need a strap with 'laces' which tie around the neck just above the nut.

Take a trip to your local guitar shop. Your luthier can attach a 'pin' to the neck side of the body for about $2.00. This is a preferred method as it places less stress on the neck.

Best Way: Go to Frank Ford's website Frets.com
He shows how to do this. Most acoustics have an end pin at the lower end. One end of the strap goes there and the other end on the pin you will install. Or get installed.

We've published a special

We've published a special guide to straps for acoustic guitars which explains what you need if you only have 1 strap pin, or even none. This includes special straps and adapters.

See:
Straps for acoustic guitars

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.