Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Silvertone guitar information needed.

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 21 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hello. I recently bought a lovely red Silvertone electric guitar at a garage sale. I’m trying to figure out when it was made and approximate value range. It is pleasing looking and plays well. I’d rate it a 7 on a 1 – 10 scale. The metal plate on the back list the model number as 759-1436-1, and the serial number as 270988. It is metallic red, having two pick-ups with black faces, a three-way toggle switch, two volume and one tone knobs, and a tremelo bar. The pick guard is two tone metallic silver, consisting of alternating vertical stripes of brushed (almost white) coloration, and polished (chrome like) coloration. I greatly appreciate any assistance.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I have a very similar guitar: same model number, a serial number just a bit lower than yours, and a finish that is dark cherry blended into a mahogany-colored wood. I’ve played it since it was bought for my brother in the mid 60’s. I’ve been curious about what other think of the quality, as well as the value. I don’t want to sell this old friend that feels at home in my hands. Just curious what you learned. quality. Did you learn anything from your a serial number just below yours, and a : Hello. I recently bought a lovely red Silvertone electric guitar at a garage sale. I’m trying to figure out when it was made and approximate value range. It is pleasing looking and plays well. I’d rate it a 7 on a 1 – 10 scale. The metal plate on the back list the model number as 759-1436-1, and the serial number as 270988. It is metallic red, having two pick-ups with black faces, a three-way toggle switch, two volume and one tone knobs, and a tremelo bar. The pick guard is two tone metallic silver, consisting of alternating vertical stripes of brushed (almost white) coloration, and polished (chrome like) coloration. I greatly appreciate any assistance.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.