Radio in my amp

Posted by Jeff on Thu, 08/08/02 - 23:16:18.

Is there such a thing as a noise filter that I could plug into my amp and then plug my guitar into the filter? I am getting a radio station signal through my amp. I still get it when I unplug the guitar and just leave the cord plugged in. I don't get it when a 1/4" jack is plugged in. Only when a cord (I've tried 3 high end cords) is plugged in do I get the radio. My electrician is hunting down the RF coming through the AC, but I was wondering if there is something I can plug into the front.

Thanks,
Jeff

Amp: Eden CXC-212C4

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Radio in my amp

: Is there such a thing as a noise filter that I could plug into my amp and then plug my guitar into the filter? I am getting a radio station signal through my amp. I still get it when I unplug the guitar and just leave the cord plugged in. I don't get it when a 1/4" jack is plugged in. Only when a cord (I've tried 3 high end cords) is plugged in do I get the radio. My electrician is hunting down the RF coming through the AC, but I was wondering if there is something I can plug into the front.
:
: Thanks,
: Jeff
:
: Amp: Eden CXC-212C4

Re: Radio in my amp

I had the same thing with my Marshall 5212, if you can, run a ground wire from the ground side of the input jack directly to the ground pin of your A/C cord. This eliminated the radio signals. Good Luck..

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.