Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Nagoya

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have a Nagoya Guitar that my father passed to me. I am trying to find some info on it and can’t. Can anyone help?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: I have a Nagoya Guitar that my father passed to me. I am trying to find some info on it and can’t. Can anyone help? We have a Nagoya 12-30 12 string purchased from Veneman’s around thirty years ago by my late wife. It is perfect, has been the case for 10 years. My daughter is going to take it up. Its nice to find out a bit of the unique history. Al

Anonymous

Reading about Nagoyas makes me so wistful! It was my very 1st guitar, with my blood, sweat and tears all over it. It got stolen by an arsonist who set our church on fire. Insurance covered my buying a new Martin, which I have no love for. When I went to buy it, I cried because I missed my Nagoya so much. I’d give anything to have it back. I ALSO still have the receipt from Veneman’s, in Rockville, Md.

Anonymous

: I have a Nagoya Guitar that my father passed to me. I am trying to find some info on it and can’t. Can anyone help? My son and I picked up a 12 string at a flea market here. ten bucks! Love it… I added a nut and strings and engineered a truss to compensate for a "collapsed" top (made the action very high and hard to play.) For an investment of 23 bucks, it’s absolutely wonderful

Anonymous

: I have a Nagoya Guitar that my father passed to me. I am trying to find some info on it and can’t. Can anyone help? I have a Nagoya Guitar model number N18 that was just passed down to me from an old friend. I can’t find any information about this guitar. Anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous

I bought an N-18 for $85 back in 1973, I think. I got it at Veneman’s Music in Springfield,VA. They let me trade up to an N-28 for $50 more about 6 months later, and I still have that guitar. Plywood top, which has humped up pretty dramatically, so I don’t play it much anymore. Beautiful laminated Brazilian Rosewood back and sides…I’m considering putting a solid top on it and see how it sounds….. : : I have a Nagoya Guitar that my father passed to me. I am trying to find some info on it and can’t. Can anyone help? : I have a Nagoya Guitar model number N18 that was just passed down to me from an old friend. I can’t find any information about this guitar. Anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous

: I have a Nagoya Guitar that my father passed to me. I am trying to find some info on it and can’t. Can anyone help? I bought one new back in 1975, model N30 a very accurate copy of a Martin D28. Beautiful wood and sound. I think Veneman Music in the Washington DC area must have been the only importer because I’ve never seen another one any where else. Email me and let me know which model you have. I still have a brochure for them! Jim Hall Columbia SC

Anonymous

I also have a Nagoya Guitar called a "Super Model" that closely resembles a Martin D-28. Brazilian Rosewood, ebony fingerboard, inlaid snowflakes, herringbone trim and wood binding, and an inlaid "N" at the head. The head appears to be hand grained. The precise model number is inside the guitar, so I would have to check that, but I would love to see where it came from and what it sold for. I understand that Martin purchased the Nagoya company in 1967. Did it continue on in its own name or was it simply rolled into Martin? The detail behind the head is a small triangular ridge that I also have on a Yairi. Identical detail. : Rod Gentry

Anonymous

: : I have a Nagoya Guitar that my father passed to me. I am trying to find some info on it and can’t. Can anyone help? : I bought one new back in 1975, model N30 a very accurate copy of a Martin D28. Beautiful wood and sound. I think Veneman Music in the Washington DC area must have been the only importer because I’ve never seen another one any where else. Email me and let me know which model you have. I still have a brochure for them! : Jim Hall : Columbia SC

Anonymous

Me too. Although I don’t have the precise memory of you guys. I got mine at some music store in northern Virginia around 1974. There were 20 or so on the wall. Being the sort of guy who used to cut the Nike Swoosh off his basketball shoes, I long ago took the label out of the guitar and threw it away. But the guitar is wonderful. I think this is the N28 — it’s a Martin D28 copy. Beautiful rosewood sides and mirror image back. Mirror image spruce on the top, very uniform grain. Mahogany neck and rosewood fretboard — straight and true, good action. Fixed bridge, dot markers. Closed case grover-style tuning gears that still work fine. "Nagoya" inlay on the headstock. Binding a nicely aged yellow. That strip down the back — what’s that called? — white and black (ebony) inlay. Rich, warm well balanced sound — better than most guitars I’ve played under $1k, and I prefer it to some that cost more. I’m totally happy with this guitar, never tempted to get rid of it — it’s intrinsic value is probably a lot more than what somebody would pay for it. I welcome any further correspondence about this guitar.

Anonymous

Wow! The power of the internet! Its amazing that we are discussing limited edition guitars purchased over 30 years ago at the same store! I have a Nagoya F-10 that is still in great shape! Does anyone know which Martin version (if any) that this resembles. Mike if you would email or fax (972 668 5996 a copy of the brouchure, I would very much appreciate it. My guitar looks and play great great and I plan to sell it. : : : I have a Nagoya Guitar that my father passed to me. I am trying to find some info on it and can’t. Can anyone help? : : I bought one new back in 1975, model N30 a very accurate copy of a Martin D28. Beautiful wood and sound. I think Veneman Music in the Washington DC area must have been the only importer because I’ve never seen another one any where else. Email me and let me know which model you have. I still have a brochure for them! : : Jim Hall : : Columbia SC

Anonymous

: : : I have a Nagoya Guitar that my father passed to me. I am trying to find some info on it and can’t. Can anyone help? : : I bought one new back in 1975, model N30 a very accurate copy of a Martin D28. Beautiful wood and sound. I think Veneman Music in the Washington DC area must have been the only importer because I’ve never seen another one any where else. Email me and let me know which model you have. I still have a brochure for them! : : Jim Hall : : Columbia SC I’m seeing a very familiar thread here. I’m from NoVa, and bought an N-35 back in ’74. It was a knock of, and a delightful on at that, of a Martin D-35. I’d love to have my guitar back, but I sold it to some cude dude who tried – by himself, to put in a hole for a pick up. From what I understand he ruined it. Anyway – tell us what model you have!!!

Anonymous

I’m pretty sure Veneman’s was the sole importer. I have a 1974 Nagoya N-12-23 12-string purchased at the Veneman’s in Springfield, Va. It still plays like a dream, has held up under a lot of wear for 30 years. Had the frets filed about 10 years ago, and it’s been fine ever since.

Anonymous

I have a N-12-18 Nagoya 12 String that I got from Venemen Music 30 years ago. I just had the next adjusted and it plays great. It is in mint condition. Venemen Music was the sole importer of these Martin copy guitars. The workmanship was superb. An instrument like this today would cost hundreds of dollars. These were a great value. In fact they replaced my first one due to a bridge problem. I still have the original receipt. Cheers, Larry

Anonymous

: : : I have a Nagoya Guitar that my father passed to me. I am trying to find some info on it and can’t. Can anyone help? : : I bought one new back in 1975, model N30 a very accurate copy of a Martin D28. Beautiful wood and sound. I think Veneman Music in the Washington DC area must have been the only importer because I’ve never seen another one any where else. Email me and let me know which model you have. I still have a brochure for them! : : Jim Hall : : Columbia SC Do you by chance know anything about a Nagoya N-18?? Its a copy of a D-18 only w/ adjustable bridge saddle. Mine came from Veneman’s in Falls Church about 1974. Mike in Portsmouth Va

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.