Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics RAUL GARCIA ZARATE Transcriptions

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Can anyone please tell me where to find sheet music/tablature for Raul Garcia Zarate? I heard somewhere that he tunes his guitar differently than the norm, which makes it difficult to transcribe his music. If I could even just get to find out how he tunes his guitar, that would be a start. I particularly would like to learn the song soñaba. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi there In Lima, Peru, you can find some transcriptions to Garcia Zarate’s work at any music store. HE usually tunes up the sixth string to a note F (up half a tone). So you can play the 6, 5, and 4th strings opened and get a nice F-A-D pattern Another alternative tunning I’ve seen on Peruvian andean guitar is tunning the 5th string down to G. In this case the open string base patterns are played on the 5th and 4th string (a nice G and D combination) Hope this helps a little I recently talked to Dr, Garcia Zarate on the phone. He has made a transcrition booklet for his latest CD and I think he sells it in his on home in Lima ! Bye Luis

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.