RAUL GARCIA ZARATE Transcriptions

Posted by Luis on Sat, 08/31/02 - 22:09:52.

Can anyone please tell me where to find sheet music/tablature for Raul Garcia Zarate? I heard somewhere that he tunes his guitar differently than the norm, which makes it difficult to transcribe his music. If I could even just get to find out how he tunes his guitar, that would be a start. I particularly would like to learn the song soñaba. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: RAUL GARCIA ZARATE Transcriptions

Hi there
In Lima, Peru, you can find some transcriptions to Garcia Zarate's work at any music store.
HE usually tunes up the sixth string to a note F (up half a tone). So you can play the 6, 5, and 4th strings opened and get a nice F-A-D pattern

Another alternative tunning I've seen on Peruvian andean guitar is tunning the 5th string down to G. In this case the open string base patterns are played on the 5th and 4th string (a nice G and D combination)

Hope this helps a little

I recently talked to Dr, Garcia Zarate on the phone. He has made a transcrition booklet for his latest CD and I think he sells it in his on home in Lima !

Bye

Luis

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.