Topic
    Anonymous

Hi there-

Have been wandering the ‘net today, looking for places and people that
    might be interested in a Gibson S-1.

I purchased it new in January of 1981, and it is in VG/EX condition. I
    also have a Gibson retrofitted tremolo bar w/ bridge; currently not
    mounted on the guitar.

I’m interested in selling it because A) I’m currently unemployed and B)
    I’m just not interested in electrics anymore. My Ovation Glen Campbell
    12 string keeps me happy enough.

If you’re interested, feel free to call or email me. My home# is
    815-338-7518. I have pictures to email you, if you desire.

If you’re not interested in this type of guitar, I apologize for the
    inconvenience.

John Lovaas
    Woodstock, Illinois

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Revised – (why I wrote ‘starburst’, who knows)

Looking for my 1980 Model Gold Sunburst Gibson S-1 was stolen years ago, recovered at a pawn shop, mistakenly not put on “Police Hold” shelf; sold in 1995 in Oklahoma City.

Defining characteristics…
      1: There us a bullet hole in the back lower hip area. yes, I shot it while I was drunk in 1984 with a .367 magnum. I had it repaired but asked that the hole be left in it.
      2: Large “buckle rash” on back from the rivets on my Levi’s
      3: Worn fret board
      4: 3 numbers carved into the back of the base of the neck stock below the neck plate (I won’t reveal those numbers and will only confirm if a serious person contacts me)
      5: Hard Shell Case with stickers from many US states

I will buy her back

Anonymous

My 1980 Model Gold Starburst Gibson S-1 was stolen years ago and I am still searching for it.
      So many defining characteristics…
      Large buckle rash
      Worn fret board
      Bullet hole in the lower body
      3 numbers carved into the back of the base of the neck stock as it fits into the body (I won’t reveal those numbers)
      Hard Case with stickers from many US states

Reward!

Anonymous

hi i’m from mexico im really interested in your guitar i dont now if its all ready sold but if is not send me and e-mail it is [email protected] thanks my name is jorge

Anonymous

hey, i’ve been looking for an s-1, any pics and info on how much and playability would be great. thanks, ingrid

Anonymous

: Hi there- : Have been wandering the ‘net today, looking for places and people that : might be interested in a Gibson S-1. : I purchased it new in January of 1981, and it is in VG/EX condition. I : also have a Gibson retrofitted tremolo bar w/ bridge; currently not : mounted on the guitar. : I’m interested in selling it because A) I’m currently unemployed and B) : I’m just not interested in electrics anymore. My Ovation Glen Campbell : 12 string keeps me happy enough. : If you’re interested, feel free to call or email me. My home# is : 815-338-7518. I have pictures to email you, if you desire. : If you’re not interested in this type of guitar, I apologize for the : inconvenience. : John Lovaas : Woodstock, Illinois : How much are you looking to sell it for?

Anonymous

: Is this still for sale. If so, how much do you want for it?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.