Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Fender Prosonic and Tone Master Amps

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Looking for feedback on either of these amps. Am kinda torn btw them. Both tube amps are awesome in the tone department, one with piles of power the other with a good variety of tone structures. Anybody own or have experience with either of these amps??? Please post.

Related News
    Fender ’65 Super Reverb FSR Guitar Amp

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: : : : Looking for feedback on either of these amps. Am kinda torn btw them. Both tube amps are awesome in the tone department, one with piles of power the other with a good variety of tone structures. Anybody own or have experience with either of these amps??? Please post.
      : : : I have a prosonic, its a great amp, it has alot of diversity throgh good cleans but it shines most on the distortions, any type can be dialed in, a hell of a studio amp, one suggestion though, find a retailer who really knows this amp cause half the stuff it is capable of usally gets overlooked….
      : : I,ve played a prosonic for 4 years it has been a fantastic loyal amp.I play for a living & tour about 50 weeks a year,3-6 nights a week.
      : : I play country, blues,& jazz & it always sound great.Some problems have occoured but are covered under warranty.Such as:poping during chanel switching,the relays going & hum. these were under a tech allert.For the money, about 000 canadain, it,s the better buy
      :I have owned both amps and I feel that the prosonic far outways the tone master in it’s versitility. First the tone master’s only usable tones are all in the to f#####G loud category. Granted it’s the best sounding loud fender head made but the prosonic’s versitility and tone quality are much more usable for the gigging guitarist. I’ve been playing in a creed tribute band (it’s for the money, it’s called greed)and the mesa dual riple recto heads are really unstable with all that ludicrious gain ( I owned one too). I also own the 2×10" combo that is run thru a marshall 4×12 1960a cabinent for the Heavy shit, but also can be run by itself if miked up. And the combo as is was the best blues gigging amp I used with my blues band. So hope this helps with your choice.

Anonymous

Jim, in the different styles of music that you play, which rectifier settings on your Prosonic work best for each style? I understand class A and class A/B are selectable on this amp. Any response is appreciated.
      Alan

Anonymous

: : : Looking for feedback on either of these amps. Am kinda torn btw them. Both tube amps are awesome in the tone department, one with piles of power the other with a good variety of tone structures. Anybody own or have experience with either of these amps??? Please post.
      : : I have a prosonic, its a great amp, it has alot of diversity throgh good cleans but it shines most on the distortions, any type can be dialed in, a hell of a studio amp, one suggestion though, find a retailer who really knows this amp cause half the stuff it is capable of usally gets overlooked….
      : I,ve played a prosonic for 4 years it has been a fantastic loyal amp.I play for a living & tour about 50 weeks a year,3-6 nights a week.
      : I play country, blues,& jazz & it always sound great.Some problems have occoured but are covered under warranty.Such as:poping during chanel switching,the relays going & hum. these were under a tech allert.For the money, about 000 canadain, it,s the better buy

Anonymous

: : Looking for feedback on either of these amps. Am kinda torn btw them. Both tube amps are awesome in the tone department, one with piles of power the other with a good variety of tone structures. Anybody own or have experience with either of these amps??? Please post.
      : I have a prosonic, its a great amp, it has alot of diversity throgh good cleans but it shines most on the distortions, any type can be dialed in, a hell of a studio amp, one suggestion though, find a retailer who really knows this amp cause half the stuff it is capable of usally gets overlooked….
      I,ve played a prosonic for 4 years it has been a fantastic loyal amp.I play for a living & tour about 50 weeks a year,3-6 nights a week.
      I play country, blues,& jazz & it always sound great.Some problems have occoured but are covered under warranty.Such as:poping during chanel switching,the relays going & hum. these were under a tech allert.For the money, about 000 canadain, it,s the better buy

Anonymous

I have to agree that the prosonic is the best bang for the buck. I play professionally (recording/live) in a band from Dallas/Fort Worth called Sugarbomb. I have a 67 blackface bassman that sounds really good but the prosonic gives it a run for its money. I have been running the prosonic head through marshall 4/12 greenbacks. Pretty amazing. The only problems I have come up against have been the channel switch popping, which is apparently inherent in the amp. I also have run into a tube ‘gingle’ perhaps a bad pre amp tube. I have been able to work around both problems and am damn happy with this beast. loud and dirty!

Anonymous

: Looking for feedback on either of these amps. Am kinda torn btw them. Both tube amps are awesome in the tone department, one with piles of power the other with a good variety of tone structures. Anybody own or have experience with either of these amps??? Please post.
      I have a prosonic, its a great amp, it has alot of diversity throgh good cleans but it shines most on the distortions, any type can be dialed in, a hell of a studio amp, one suggestion though, find a retailer who really knows this amp cause half the stuff it is capable of usally gets overlooked….

Anonymous

I’ve owned the prosonic for about 2 years and love the hell out of it, i’ve noticed it sounds realy damn good with and american vintage re-issue strat or tele or the modern american standard, or delux fat strat, i play a little jazz a little classical, a little country, some classic rock, a little blues, but mostly metal. I’ve found the versitility of this amp wonderful and the tone is hard to beat. its hard to believe that fender makes a tube amp with so much gain but i’m glad they do. i forsee myself getting a hard-on every time i plug my guitar in to my prosonic for years to come.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.