Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Roderich Paesold

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Does anyone know anything about a Roderich Paesold 6string acoustic guitar?

I purchased it in a garage sale, it seems to be a quality instrument, but I can’t find out any information about it.

Thanks Judy

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Got a P60 for my 16th birthday now 43 years ago and use the guitar every day.

Build by Egmond in the Netherlands where I live Fine guitar, good sound.

Anonymous

I’ve been offered a P230 in an old stye cardboard-and-vinyl Epiphone case for $50. It’s all there but the strings. I’ve asked what “project guitar” means and will drive 40 miles tomorrow to see it. Any wisdom or advice will be appreciated. I recently merged a 50-year-old twisted neck Mexican 12-string with a $14 thrift-store Concerto 160 to get a playable guitar. The RP sounds like an entertaining project and the Epiphone case may fit my Hohner 12 or my Johnson bass. I think I’m talking me into this. ;-).

Anonymous

Hi,

I have came across a Roderich Peasold P-060 with the original soft shell bag at a second hand shop here in Germany. I paid 15 euros for the guitar and bag. I have read a lot about the history of this guitar but having trouble pricing it. I would say it probably about a 7 out of 10 condition. Does anyone out there have any idea how I should price this guitar? I don’t want to sell a gem at a cheap price. Thank you for your time.

Anonymous

Bought mine in 1973 in Pretoria South Africa for R95,00 brand new. (About $8 in today’s terms) In those times it was a lot of money to pay as I was still a student. Virtually the same guitar as a Martin D12-28 as it was built by Egmond under license of Martin in Holland. Beautiful guitar with a really excellent finish. Very good sound and quality. Unfortunately somebody dropped it and the neck broke. Busy fixing it and just holding thumbs that it is a success.

Anonymous

I bought at the used market in Sicily a classical guitar p 145. it is very nice but was without chords and i put on augustine red. but i don’t know year of this guitar and the possible and relative value. i understand by all that i read it was produced by egmond. bye bye

Anonymous

Hi ,i love sound of my Rodrich Paesold , is the second p060 that I had , first was stolen in Amsterdam 2 years ago after I damage it foolishly.
      Anyway I find on internet some informations,also in this site, but I would to know how this guitar was made and which are materials of a p060 made in holland.
      Thanks

Anonymous

Hi ,i love sound of my Rodrich Paesold , is the second p060 that I had , first was stolen in Amsterdam 2 years ago after I damage it foolishly.
      Anyway I find on internet some informations,also in this site, but I would to know how this guitar was made and which are materials of a p060 made in holland.
      Thanks

Anonymous

Looking at one now. Makes 7? lol.. The front must be what one was saying about the varnishing. Don’t see crack but a deff. sappy type oozz. At $75. rt now w/ship. Hows that price be sounding?

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Roderich-Paesold-12-String-Guitar—p230-28823983.html

Lots of pics and it looks like it’s pretty tight…

Anonymous

My Grandpa left me a near mint Roderich Paesold P-140 classical. Talk about rare. It has gold plated tuners with rosewood knobs. It is a beaut. The only thing wrong with it is it is missing the 19th low E fret due to a punk stealing it from my Gramps and attempting to make it a fretless, then having a change of heart feeling guilty and returning it back to my Grandpa. Why are people so greedy?

Anonymous

Hi All,

Just tripped over this. I have a p80 that was bought used in Germany way back then. She could stand some mild work but is in decent condition otherwise. I’d be very interested as to the value. If anyone is interested in buying it…. Let me know.

Anonymous

Hi all,

I’ve got the same mystery on my hands but I DO know where they come from (sort of).

RP bought over a small workshop in the Netherlands where these
      these guitars were handcrafted from the beginning to the end (sounds like a good thing, no?)

The craftsman had permission to put the brand on his guitars and thus the RP guitars were born!

The overall quality is nothing to write home about nowadays but the rarity seems to exceed all expectations!

I also, just like everyone else here, would like to know the pricetag for such a thing… Any info yet?

Kind regards,
      Chris

Anonymous

Hi we have a Roderich Paesold, made in Holland Model P 80 its been in our family for years and my mum only now desided she wants to know what it is worth. Anyone can help please let me know at [email protected]

Anonymous

Hola amigos:
      Como no sé bien inglés lo escribiré en español. Quizá alguno lo comprenda. Tengo esta guitarra desde hace más de 30 años y la sigo tocando. Ahora estoy jubilado (tengo ya 73 años, hoy es mi cumpleaños). La compré en una tienda de música en Zaragoza (España) donde vivo. Es un poco dura pero la toco a ratos y me gusta. Hace unos días se me cayó al suelo al resbalar desde el pie y se rajó el mástil pero me lo han encolado Como es solo como aficionado y no soy un buen guitarrista había pensado en comprar una de calidad media/baja como es la Applause AE44 RR Elite que es una roundback que me apetece por el diseño. La he visto en Thomann y parece de un buen precio/calidad.
      ¿Qué os parece?
      Un saludo de Javier

Anonymous

Purchased in Australia in 1977 and now used very rarely. In excellent condition. A bit heavy but wonderful to play. I would selll it as I am no longer able to play due to arthritis in my hands. Interested? Drop me a line.

Anonymous

I’ve got an RP p060.
      Anyone who knows what it’s worth and when it’s made?
      it’s very fresh and beautiful 🙂

Anonymous

I know something about them . They are quality instruments made in holland for RP. They were the European answer to the law suit guitars of japan. They may have even been made better but that’s really in the ear if the beholder . It’s a shame they don’t have a high resale but great you can find them cheap but make no mistake this is a quality guitar better than any into level Martin or Taylor these days . The bracing in them is unique . They are made by the same company that made hofner guitars

Anonymous

i got one too

Anonymous

Hello @ all, sorry for rudimentair english…
      I got mine in garage-condition, dirty, without strings, a lot cracks in the poor (?) laquer.
      Without knowing what it got… sanded the complete front of body-top and head.
      Did no new finish, let it light-raw, just cleanig, lowing the nut, putting new Strings on it.

String-level could be lower (now worry for me, bass player i am), but never had one with these low, deep, and loud voice !
      (and the top is not too thin in my eyes!)
      Would sell it.
      To watch and try close Münster/A2, Germany.
      Offers? (find me with real name on fb, abalone-dot-inlay-picture)

Best regards

Anonymous

I have owned a P 60 since 1977. Stress cracks on the heel due to me doing the unthinkable and putting on steel strings in the early eighties. A few scratch marks on the body after being upset with my Mum and taking it out on my guitar. Poor thing went through abuse until I bought another guitar 8 years later. It’s basically retired and hangs on the wall, but i picked it up last night and it still sounds good. I won’t be getting rid of it due to it being my first guitar.

Anonymous

I´ve got a Roderick Paesold Made in Holland P-130 (6 strings guitar) in perfect conditions looks great and sound pretty well. It was my first acoustic dreadnough guitar I bought it in Argentina in mid 70¨s. I still have it.

Anonymous

I myself just purchased this type of guitar model p150…any info would be good….but I read that the p60 were going for around 3,000$

Anonymous

I also ran into one of these mysteries by accident.
      I own a P180
      (not sure tough because it says: ”MODEL *blanco*” but from some photos it seemed to be the P180).

But I would like to know if by any chance one of you has maybe already found out a bit more about these phantom guitars?

Regards,
      Chris

Anonymous

yo tuve un guitarron de 12 cuerdas roderich paesold, comprado a fines de los ’70s en argentina, no sonabamuy fuerte, pero era muyexacto y tenia una terminacion muy fina, con excelentes maderas, decia que era fabricado en holanda.

Anonymous

Also recently got hold of a P230, 12 string full body…

Anyone get hold of any legitimate information?

Please contact me on [email protected]

Thank you.

D

Anonymous

I just bought a Rodreich Paesold P-150 12 string guitar from a pond shop. It doesn’t have a scratch on it. I put martin extra light strings on it and I am enjoying the sound. There are no blemishes in the finish, the neck is great and on wear on the fingerboard. It’s hard to believe it could have been built in the “60’s”. Like everyone else I would sure like to learn more about it. Thanks for letting me post, Karl.

Anonymous

Funny, yesterday a trader from a flea market offered me such a guitar too. Actually I wouldn’t had given it a notice because it seemed to me being a simple guitar (plywood top, simple headstock, bad glue marks on the inside etc.) wouldn’t be this name. R. Paesold was a highly regarded fiddle and bow maker, whose instruments are upper class.
      And why should he make guitars in the NL?
      Seeing that these guitars aren’t that rare, prooves me that they aren’t something special.
      May be it was simply a joint venture with a Dutch producer (Egmont??).

Anonymous

Hofner did noy only take over Roderich Paeshold (as you can read in an earlier post), but also the Dutch guitar producer Egmond, from Eindhoven (my hometown). They used the name Roderich Paeshold for a number of guitars made by Egmond (probably every Roderich Paeshold that is marked “made in Holland). I own a P180 that is in a rather poor shape, so I can’t really say anything on the original quality.

Anonymous

I also have a Roderick Paesold, P160, six-string guitar, and have no information about it. If anyone found out
      specifics about this instrument, I’d be very grateful. Thank you.

Anonymous

Hey – I am another person with this mystery on my hands.

I just purchased the guitar for about 50 bucks. It is in great shape, and I was anticipating it would be worth something.

I think this is really intriguing… to think that no one knows anything about this instruments is really odd.

What if we shared pictures or something? Anyone – feel free to email me with additional info — I’m very confused.

-Ryan

Anonymous

: i purchased my paesold p-160, new, about 32 years ago at a guitar shop in evanston, il. its smaller than average and has a nice mellow sound. i think i paid about $150 (?) any current info would be appreciated. : Does anyone know anything about a Roderich Paesold 6string acoustic guitar? : I purchased it in a garage sale, it seems to be a quality instrument, but I can’t find out any information about it. : Thanks Judy

Anonymous

: GOT THIS GETAR AT A GRAGE SALE ALSO . ITS A 12 STRING SOUNDS GREAT LOOKS AS GOOD AS MY MARTIN WELL BUILT AND SOUNDS GREAT MODEL P 350 12 STRING IS ABOUT .ALL I KNOW. IT SEEMS TO BE WORTH MORE THAN I PAID FOR IT : Does anyone know anything about a Roderich Paesold 6string acoustic guitar? : I purchased it in a garage sale, it seems to be a quality instrument, but I can’t find out any information about it. : Thanks Judy

Anonymous

: : Does anyone know anything about a Roderich Paesold 6string acoustic guitar? : I purchased it in a garage sale, it seems to be a quality instrument, but I can’t find out any information about it. : Thanks Judy

Anonymous

i found something on this – Roderich Paesold is made by The Boosey & Hawkes. Their instrument division manufactures and distributes high quality musical instruments. The web site is here http://www.boosey.com/Instruments/FrameBrands.htm?Paesold/history.htm

Anonymous

: Well Judy, there are at least three of us looking to find out about these guitars,I have one ,some guy named Jonny and you,All asking the same question.. I have two theories,based on nothing more than these are great guitars no one built. Ok ..They might be forgeries, I talked to the factory and there is no record of Paesold ever making these classical guitars.Paesold is a well respected name in fine stinged instaments, but NOT guitars,So some guitar maker somewhere might have lifted the name to help sell guitars. Or Paessold DID make these guitars, for a short time,either in his factory or subbed out somewhere, and then decided he wasn’t happy with the product ,and decided to stay with what he did best.That would be very cool if we could prove that was the case,these would be collectable.Either way we have a pretty fine instrament if yours is anything like mine, Good luck, Rick : Does anyone know anything about a Roderich Paesold 6string acoustic guitar? : I purchased it in a garage sale, it seems to be a quality instrument, but I can’t find out any information about it. : Thanks Judy

Anonymous

Hello,
        I also have one of these guitars and came across this thread before finding other info. The site below offers some more info.

http://egmond.se/egmond_se_Roderich_Paesold_P100.html

Anonymous

Hi. These guitars were built by Egmond of Holland. This was their high end offering to the more inexpensive guitars they were known for. The had a very convoluted deal with Roderich Paesold violin to use the name only. They are very well built guitars and collectible.

Anonymous

: :Now there are 4 people looking… i have a Roderich Paesold P180 and, like the others in this small group of people, i was unable to find any information about it. I will continue searching, and i hope that with our efforts combined we’ll solve this Paesold mystery. please contact me with additional information as it surfaces. Thanks! Josh Well Judy, there are at least three of us looking to find out about these guitars,I have one ,some guy named Jonny and you,All asking the same question.. : I have two theories,based on nothing more than these are great guitars no one built. : Ok ..They might be forgeries, I talked to the factory and there is no record of Paesold ever making these classical guitars.Paesold is a well respected name in fine stinged instaments, but NOT guitars,So some guitar maker somewhere might have lifted the name to help sell guitars. Or Paessold DID make these guitars, for a short time,either in his factory or subbed out somewhere, and then decided he wasn’t happy with the product ,and decided to stay with what he did best.That would be very cool if we could prove that was the case,these would be collectable.Either way we have a pretty fine instrament if yours is anything like mine, : Good luck, : Rick : : Does anyone know anything about a Roderich Paesold 6string acoustic guitar? : : I purchased it in a garage sale, it seems to be a quality instrument, but I can’t find out any information about it. : : Thanks Judy

Anonymous

I found a 12 string guitar in a garage that is totally repairable.
          It is a very good guitar, they were partners with martin guitars in the 70’s for about 7 years.
          They are as good a guitar as martin and very collectible.

Just trying to find parts. tuning knobs a nut and a bridge and i will be in business.

Anonymous

Make that five people asking. I have had this old Paesold P230 12 String for many years now and I have recently just took it out tof the case. It’s a very heavy guitar (but I am comparing it to my Taylor) and it seems to be made very well. It was still prettyy much in tune which amazed me since it was in the case for over ten years. One thing I remember about this guitar from years ago, was that it did not have a very large sound which I thought was odd for a 12 string. It may have been the strings I was using back them, so today I am buying new strings and things and see what she sounds like now. I e-mailed the people at http://www.paesold.com and hopefully I will get a legitimate responce. Good Luck to all.

Anonymous

i also got hold of one of these guitars it is a p 90 and i found it in my grandfathers garage..great instrument was wondering about its worth

Anonymous

Well make it five people. This seems funny to me. I have one it is a very nice guitar. Thanks for posting this info and if you find any more info on them please let me know. Best, Geoffrey : : :Now there are 4 people looking… i have a Roderich Paesold P180 and, like the others in this small group of people, i was unable to find any information about it. I will continue searching, and i hope that with our efforts combined we’ll solve this Paesold mystery. please contact me with additional information as it surfaces. Thanks! : Josh : : Well Judy, there are at least three of us looking to find out about these guitars,I have one ,some guy named Jonny and you,All asking the same question.. : : I have two theories,based on nothing more than these are great guitars no one built. : : Ok ..They might be forgeries, I talked to the factory and there is no record of Paesold ever making these classical guitars.Paesold is a well respected name in fine stinged instaments, but NOT guitars,So some guitar maker somewhere might have lifted the name to help sell guitars. Or Paessold DID make these guitars, for a short time,either in his factory or subbed out somewhere, and then decided he wasn’t happy with the product ,and decided to stay with what he did best.That would be very cool if we could prove that was the case,these would be collectable.Either way we have a pretty fine instrament if yours is anything like mine, : : Good luck, : : Rick : : : Does anyone know anything about a Roderich Paesold 6string acoustic guitar? : : : I purchased it in a garage sale, it seems to be a quality instrument, but I can’t find out any information about it. : : : Thanks Judy

Anonymous

I’ve just pulled a Roderich Paesold six string guitar serial number P100 out of a skip. It’s in pretty bad shape, no machine heads, no nut, no pins, no saddle and half the lacquer has been removed because its just breaking off. But I’m going to put it back together to see what it sounds like. I’m off to Andys Guitar Shop in London to see if they know anything about these guitars.

Anonymous

Hi All. I have a P150 for virtually nothing (I paid £100 for 6 guitars) – this is the heaviest and even comes in a wooden guitar case. It has no strings which is an easy fix, but just trying to work out if it’s worth anything? It’s in immaculate condition, I would imagine partly to the strong solid wooden case!

Any advice welcome – @neilcairns on Insta

Anonymous

I finally found a little information. Roderich Paesold may not have made guitars, but Karl Hofner did. Hofner made high quality guitars and he bought out the Roderich Paesold company in the 1960’s. It looks like he made some guitars and put the name of his newly aquired co. on them. With the connection to Hofner and Roderich Paesold, these should be fairly expensive guitars.

Anonymous

I also have a guitar labeled Roderich Paesold Roderich Paesold Model P 060 Made In Holland 52161938 It is a 6 string, no fancy look. Ok sound.

Anonymous

Hello, Looking for value, info and comments on a PAESOLD Model#P230/12string acoustic guitar. I bought it at a Goodwill Store last week for $40. It’s in nice playable condition, showing the normal 12 string stress cracks. I took a chance, bought it, replaced the missing pegs, nut and strings. Sounds great! Regsrds, Gary Smith [email protected]

Anonymous

: Hello, : Looking for value, info and comments on a PAESOLD Model#P230/12string acoustic guitar. : I bought it at a Goodwill Store last week for $40. It’s in nice playable condition, showing the normal 12 string stress cracks. I took a chance, bought it, replaced the missing pegs, nut and strings. : Sounds great! : Regsrds, : Gary Smith : [email protected] i too have a 12 string p230 paesold sounds great no cracks no stress. if u find any info please let me know. thank you.

Anonymous

: Well make it five people. This seems funny to me. I have one it is a very nice guitar. Thanks for posting this info and if you find any more info on them please let me know. : Best, Geoffrey : : : :Now there are 4 people looking… i have a Roderich Paesold P180 and, like the others in this small group of people, i was unable to find any information about it. I will continue searching, and i hope that with our efforts combined we’ll solve this Paesold mystery. please contact me with additional information as it surfaces. Thanks! : : Josh : : : : Well Judy, there are at least three of us looking to find out about these guitars,I have one ,some guy named Jonny and you,All asking the same question.. : : : I have two theories,based on nothing more than these are great guitars no one built. : : : Ok ..They might be forgeries, I talked to the factory and there is no record of Paesold ever making these classical guitars.Paesold is a well respected name in fine stinged instaments, but NOT guitars,So some guitar maker somewhere might have lifted the name to help sell guitars. Or Paessold DID make these guitars, for a short time,either in his factory or subbed out somewhere, and then decided he wasn’t happy with the product ,and decided to stay with what he did best.That would be very cool if we could prove that was the case,these would be collectable.Either way we have a pretty fine instrament if yours is anything like mine, : : : Good luck, : : : Rick : : : : Does anyone know anything about a Roderich Paesold 6string acoustic guitar? : : : : I purchased it in a garage sale, it seems to be a quality instrument, but I can’t find out any information about it. : : : : Thanks Judy

Anonymous

Sorry I hit the wrong button and left a blank follow-up Now make it 6. I manage a Habitat for Humanity store and we just received a Model P180 roderich paesold guitar. I would like to get some idea of it’s worth before I put it out for sale. Every dollar we make helps someone get their home. I’d hate to sell a $500 guitar for $5.00. I’ll keep looking. Thanks, Jeff

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.