Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics effect pedal hum

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I just recently added a Voodoo Labs analog chorus to my collection. However, I went to radio shack to get a 9 volt adapter and when I turn it on, this horrible humming sound comes pouring out. I have a Fulldrive 2 and with the same adapter there is no humming. The Voodoo Lab pedal works fine with a battery. If anybody can help me, I would appreciate it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hmm.You’re right. 2 days ago,I took a Boss DM-2 to get it fixed.The tech.guy told me the same thing.
      THANX

Anonymous

: Danger!!Be careful what adaptor you plug in to your pedals!Certain pedals have different requirements and are designed to operate at different AMPERAGE(speed of
      : current),Htz or VOLTAGES.If the amp value of your adaptor is higher than the amount on your stom-box,you could FRY your pedal(now it’s garbage).Sounds to me that A.C. input might be damaged or an internal voltage problem.Find out which adaptor work for you.
      : Good Luck

Think of amperage as a rating of draw or capacity.
      If your pedal requires ( draws) 300ma, your ac adaptor
      will have to be rated for at LEAST 300ma; if it’s rated
      for more that’s cool, the pedal will only draw as many
      amps as it needs. The potential problem is having the
      voltage mis-matched; too low and the pedal may not work
      and too high and you could fry the pedal.

Doug

Anonymous

Danger!!Be careful what adaptor you plug in to your pedals!Certain pedals have different requirements and are designed to operate at different AMPERAGE(speed of
      current),Htz or VOLTAGES.If the amp value of your adaptor is higher than the amount on your stom-box,you could FRY your pedal(now it’s garbage).Sounds to me that A.C. input might be damaged or an internal voltage problem.Find out which adaptor work for you.
      Good Luck

Anonymous

: : I just recently added a Voodoo Labs analog chorus to my collection. However, I went to radio shack to get a 9 volt adapter and when I turn it on, this horrible humming sound comes pouring out. I have a Fulldrive 2 and with the same adapter there is no humming. The Voodoo Lab pedal works fine with a battery. If anybody can help me, I would appreciate it.

Not all pedals and adaptors for that matter, have the
      same level of shielding. While I have had good luck
      generally with radio shack adaptors, I recently bought
      one of those little Dano pedals and it hums like a
      mother with a RS adaptor. I also bought a Real Tube
      pedal that has built in ac and that causes a real
      bad hum when I plug it in and use my pedal board
      with my otherwise quiet home built ps.

Have you tried using the other RS power supply to
      see if that one works any better?

I also use one power strip to plug everything into,
      just to try to keep everything equal….

Doug Trueblood

Anonymous

Thanks Tim

: : I just recently added a Voodoo Labs analog chorus to my collection. However, I went to radio shack to get a 9 volt adapter and when I turn it on, this horrible humming sound comes pouring out. I have a Fulldrive 2 and with the same adapter there is no humming. The Voodoo Lab pedal works fine with a battery. If anybody can help me, I would appreciate it.

Anonymous

Try using a boss psa 120 adapter or a danelectro noisless adapter,Generic ones will add hum

Anonymous

: I just recently added a Voodoo Labs analog chorus to my collection. However, I went to radio shack to get a 9 volt adapter and when I turn it on, this horrible humming sound comes pouring out. I have a Fulldrive 2 and with the same adapter there is no humming. The Voodoo Lab pedal works fine with a battery. If anybody can help me, I would appreciate it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.