Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Peavey XR 600F

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Anyone know if a Peavey XR 600F that i’m getting from my parents would be good to use with an electric guitar (w/ distortion).. or should i go with a traditional amplifier like a Marshall?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

It’s a decent little mixer with eq and some effects, (but I belive it only has reverb and delay, so you would need a pedal for distortion) and should be fine, you just need a cab to go with it, but would need one with a Marshall anyways. : Anyone know if a Peavey XR 600F that i’m getting from my parents would be good to use with an electric guitar (w/ distortion).. or should i go with a traditional amplifier like a Marshall?

Anonymous

I’ve used the effects on it, but every time i raise the efx volume up to hear the effects, the light that says Peak (-6 db) lights up.. im a newb so can anyone tell me what that is? 🙂 : It’s a decent little mixer with eq and some effects, (but I belive it only has reverb and delay, so you would need a pedal for distortion) and should be fine, you just need a cab to go with it, but would need one with a Marshall anyways. : : : Anyone know if a Peavey XR 600F that i’m getting from my parents would be good to use with an electric guitar (w/ distortion).. or should i go with a traditional amplifier like a Marshall?

Anonymous

mmmm, I don’t have one and have only played around with someone elses a while ago, so don’t really know, but I would guess -6db is the headroom, and it is lit when it clips, so try lowering the (guitar input) channel level before the effects and maybe it should help.. but then again this is just a WAG, maybe someone else can help you with solid info. : I’ve used the effects on it, but every time i raise the efx volume up to hear the effects, the light that says Peak (-6 db) lights up.. im a newb so can anyone tell me what that is? 🙂 : : It’s a decent little mixer with eq and some effects, (but I belive it only has reverb and delay, so you would need a pedal for distortion) and should be fine, you just need a cab to go with it, but would need one with a Marshall anyways. : : : : : Anyone know if a Peavey XR 600F that i’m getting from my parents would be good to use with an electric guitar (w/ distortion).. or should i go with a traditional amplifier like a Marshall?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.