Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Zoom or Digitech?

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Is one better than the other or just different fx?
    opinions? I’ve only tried digitech.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

: Is one better than the other or just different fx? : opinions? I’ve only tried digitech. stay with digitech, zoom fx dont have the sound quality as digitech and boss do. for cheap fx, i think boss is the way to go jim

Anonymous

: : Is one better than the other or just different fx? : : opinions? I’ve only tried digitech. : stay with digitech, zoom fx dont have the sound quality as digitech and boss do. for cheap fx, i think boss is the way to go : jim I’m of the opposite opinion of Jim (my apologies, Jim.)I own the Zoom 503 and the Zoom 606, and I played my neighbor’s Digitech, the RP200 I think it was, the new one. I wouldn’t give a nickel for all of the diditech’s in the world. Zoom costs a fraction of digitech and Zoom sounds better. And actually I like my old Zoom 503 the best. It captures terrific vintage amp sounds. What the 503 lacks in effects, it more than makes up for in the "real amp sound" area. Here’s my setup: Fender Strat, Marshall Bluesbreaker, Zoom 503, Technics home stereo. Honestly, with this setup my neighbors come over and are amazed. I’ve owned Marshall, Fender, Peavey, Alamo tube amps, and none come close sounding as good or versatile as the 503. The only only amp that rivals the 503 was an old Supro 1616T I used to own. The secret to any of the amp simulators is to play with the parameters long enough to understand how to get realistic amp sounds out of your setup. An extra volume pedal would be handy with any and all of them, as well as an outboard eq unit. The amp simulator will need to be eq’d differently for different setups, ie, guitar amp versus P.A. versus home stereo versus headphones. All this being said, I could not get any "real-amp" sounds out of the digitech. It just seems to suck the soul and life out of your guitar tone. sincerely, Silky John Perrin

Anonymous

Zooms effect modeling is to basic and crisp whereas the digitect allows there to be more of a deeper sound something with a bit of life all the zoom effects boards lack is life in my opinnion i have tried using both zoom and digitech and have found digitech to be the daddy out of the two brands everyone is entitled to their opinions and you can give me digitech any day

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.