Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Collectable ’60’s Kay guitars. How much are they worth? UK.

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I’ve got a solid body Les Paul Copy type Kay guitar, and a semi acoustic Gibson type, with Bigsby type trem. arm Kay guitar. Both manufactured around the mid ’60’s. Any one know what they might be worth, or want to buy them?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Actually, I had a Kay Les Paul Synth guitar. Tobacco sunburst with built in effects. It was taken from my storage room a few years ago. I’ve really been missing it and am looking for another to replace it. Any of you have one you want to unload? It has no name on it, but has a split diamond figure on the headstock. Might say made in Korea or Japan on the back. Cheap guitar but I liked some of the effects. If you or someone you know is willing to part with there’s, please email me at [email protected]. Thx.

Anonymous

I’m currently using a Kay with built in effects and the sound reproduced is extremely acceptable However I have a few too many Guitars and so if anyone wants this type of instrument make me and offer ( photo’s available )

Anonymous

have a question of what year,and how much the guitar i have is worth.the guitaris a kay L3337 orL8837.IT SOUNDS AND LOOKS GREAT.JUST WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT.THANKS RICHARD

Anonymous

: I HAVE A KALAMZOO COULD U TELL ME HOW MUCH IT MAY BE WORTH

Anonymous

I have a vintage SHARP TRUE TONE guitar with the F holes..Can you tell me if KAY built this guitar.when was it built?The numbers I find on the guitar are L-7744 and P-2.Is there any value thanks Bro.John

Anonymous

: I’ve got a k that was given to me by my grandma, and she told me that her dad played it when they where little. its a kay-550 and im trying to find out what year it was made in. ive already know that it cant be in he30s and 40s if you can help thank you andif you cant why are you reading this?

Anonymous

I, too, have a vintage Kay. It is a Barney Kessel with a serial number of A1170. I am guessing, but I believe this guitar was made in the 1940s. It is a Jumbo, F-Hole Acoustic with two pickups and a Bigsby Vibrato. Everything is original, although a couple of small parts of the bridge are missing. It has the fancy Grover tuning keys, exactly like the ones shown in the Mel Bay books. The finish has the normal checking that you would expect on a guitar this old, but no actual wear-spots. I have actually used this guitar on stage on several occasions, but the pickups are so hot that, combined with the hollow body, it is hard to control feedback on a small stage with a high output, modern amp. It has a beautiful black sunburst finish, an ebony fingerboard and fabulous inlays. I am not really interested in selling it, but I do wonder what it is worth.

Anonymous

I just got an American Heritage series 12 string acoustic guitar how much is it worth and what year were they made?

Anonymous

I’m looking for a Barney Kessel Kay guitar if anyone has one

Anonymous

I’ve got the same problem. Kay guitar, manufactures around the mid 60’s. Sunburst, pretty good shape. Any buyers??

Anonymous

: I’ve got the same problem. Kay guitar, manufactures around the mid 60’s. Sunburst, pretty good shape. Any buyers?? I might be interested in your kay guitars.

Anonymous

: I’ve got the same problem. Kay guitar, manufactures around the mid 60’s. Sunburst, pretty good shape. Any buyers?? I might be interested if it’s the one I’m looking for. I can’t tell you the model, I’d have to see a photo. In any case I’m not prepared to overwhelm you with cash. As I recall, Kays were the kind of instrument you would find at K-mart. No pun intended. But for the sake of sentimentality I could offer $200-400.

Anonymous

:
      to charly i have a kay les paul in black too.i cant tell you the date of it but i can tell you if it’s original..email me on stupot at bugayhigh.com
      sorry but the at sign button doesn’t work on my computer

Anonymous

I’m not sure if I have an origional or not. I have a les paul copy, in black and I don’t even know what date it is, if any one could tell me, I could post a photograph. I think it has had some minor modifications but I’m not sure to what extent. how can you distinguish an original?

Anonymous

My Uncle left me a guitar. It is a KAY serial # L23166950 and also has a PN stamped on the inside Can anyone tell me soething about it?

Anonymous

:kinda pearl inlay on the neck sunburst & bkack : I’m not sure if I have an origional or not. I have a les paul copy, in black and I don’t even know what date it is, if any one could tell me, I could post a photograph. I think it has had some minor modifications but I’m not sure to what extent. how can you distinguish an original?

Anonymous

Hey! Don’t know what they are worth caause I’m not a dealer but I do like the old Kays and Harmony guitars, I got a Kay SG copy from the 70’s that I paid 0 and it has a bigsby on it ! I would be interested in buying the Gibsonish one you got or the pair depending on condition and price thanks….

Anonymous

Hey, anyone out there? My very first guitar was a SG replica Kay. Deep maroon, with a black pick-guard. She had a Bigsby tail piece. Man was she sweet! They are only worth about, $50.00, American, but I would sure love to have one again. If any of you have one out there for me, please drop me a line. I’ll pay $100+shipping.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.