Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics 1983 Fender Squire

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I am looking at an 83 Squire, made in Japan. Is this a good year for them?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

not too bright yodiggdiydog.

Why do some people open their mouth before they engage their brain.

Do your homework idiot.
      The JV strats were built in the early 80’s in Japan (I have one and got it in 1984) it’s an 82 Squire

Anonymous

:im starting up a band,hav 11 of our own songs.were going about 6 months now.we get some buzz out of it.we just smoke spliffs,play our songs and listen to stone roses.its the life.

Anonymous

:im starting up a band,hav 11 of our own songs.were going about 6 months now.we get some buzz out of it.we just smoke spliffs,play our songs and listen to stone roses.its the life.

Anonymous

Since I actually got my Squier in 1984 I guess they must have made them back then. It is a J series with the serial # JV 47657. The V stands for Vintage. In this case it was based on the 1962 Stratocaster. This is an excellent guitar with a great tone with the exception of the bridge P/U. Slab Rosewood neck on Maple.

Anonymous

Since I actually got my Squier in 1984 I guess they must have made them back then. It is a J series with the serial # JV 47657. The V stands for Vintage. In this case it was based on the 1962 Stratocaster. This is an excellent guitar with a great tone with the exception of the bridge P/U. Slab Rosewood neck on Maple.

Anonymous

: I recently purchased an 83 fender squire stratocaster some work has been done – such as a replacement switch from the original 3-way to a 5-way and I believe maybe also a volume pot. I love this guitar it plays better than some of the new American standards I have tryed. I paid $300 canadian for it. What do you think – good or bad deal

Anonymous

How do I know when my squire has been build?

Anonymous

Yep- I have an 83 Telecaster I’ve had since I was 15. Squire goes back to Japan in the late 70s/early 80s and I can tell you a 83 Squire is a great quality instrument. Especially with the garbage that is put out today by Squire. : I am looking at an 83 Squire, made in Japan. Is this a good year for them?

Anonymous

you’re a seriouse dumbass. they didn’t make squires that long ago. they just started making the squires, because people could not afford stratocasters. so just go to a fucking store and buy one for a few hundred dollars. they come w/ an amplifier, cord, strap, gig bag, electric tuner, about five picks, and some other kickass shit. just go to a store and buy one you cheapass.

Anonymous

no, you are a serious dumbass. Were you even born then. Before Fender released their "shit" line of "Squier Strats, and Tele’s", they made a line of guitars in the late 70’s and 80’s. the 1983"Bullet", which I have, uses a standard Telecaster neck and 3 single coils. It has one volume and 1 tone knob and the body is shaped like a small strat. it has 21 frets, and yes, it is better than the Mexican, Korean, or Japanese Strats that they make today.

Anonymous

Hmm.If it has a large 70’s headstock it’s probably very good.Mine plays better than a late 70’s strat and
      it won’t break your back.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.