Home Forums Discussion Popular Topics Wilson Classical made by H. Yairi Luthier

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years ago by Anonymous.
  • Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I own a hand made classical acoustic guitar, made in Japan by H. Yairi Luthier. It is a Wilson guitar and I am looking for some informaton about this. I have owned the guitar since 1975 and the number inside apears to be 85-1, or something close and is signed by H Yairi Luthier. Does anyone know any information about this type of guitar?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

Hi Charles,

There are a couple of Wilson/Yairi classicals on eBay right now. One is a Buy it Now(with a case) at what seems a reasonable price. Just do a google ‘Wilson Yairi guitar’. Good luck! I found it while looking for an S. Yairi to replace one I gave away years ago. Didn’t know those things would become so collectible, although it always had a nice complex, deep sound. I bought mine(1973 S. Yairi model 800 class I think) new back in early 1974, and gave it away about 20 years ago. Still kicking myself. Long story.

Anonymous

I had one back in 78.It was made of laminated woods,and had a really good sound and action.It cost me 290.00 dollars with a hardshell case that looked like alligator skin.The head on that guitar tapers to the top.It was imported from japan by the firm Wilson & sons from new Jersey,and was made by yairi.Mine was stolen from me.It was in the trunk of my Honda Accord,also stolen. I would like to get another one.

Anonymous

i own this guiter and would like to know what its worth. the serial number is 30321.

Anonymous

: I own a hand made classical acoustic guitar, made in Japan by H. Yairi Luthier. It is a Wilson guitar and I am looking for some informaton about this. I have owned the guitar since 1975 and the number inside apears to be 85-1, or something close and is signed by H Yairi Luthier. Does anyone know any information about this type of guitar?

Anonymous

I have one also and am having a hard time finding info??

Anonymous

: I, eine Hand zu besitzen bildeten die klassische akustische Guitarre, hergestellt in Japan von H. Yairi Luthier. Es ist eine Wilsonguitarre und ich suche nach etwas informaton über dieses. Ich habe die Guitarre seit 1975 und die Zahl innerhalb der apears besessen, um 85-1 zu sein oder etwas Ende und werde von H Yairi Luthier unterzeichnet. Weiß jemand irgendwelche Informationen über diese Art der Guitarre? Hallo! die H.Yairi Gitarre wurde nicht von Luthier in Canada gebaut,Sie ist eine reine Japan Produktion.Luthier Canada möchte nicht mit Ihr indentifiziert werden,Der Name Luthier wurde nur zum Vergleich angegeben.Beweis E,mail Luthier Canada vom 04.07.2004 an [email protected] Ich habe auch eine 12 Saitige Westerngitarre von H.Yairi /Luthier!!! Mit freundlichen Gruß wilfried Fischer

Anonymous

I can’t help you either, but I have a 1977 Alvarez Yairi tht I am trying to get some info on. Have you been able to find out anything?

Anonymous

Whoops! Sorry about my last "follow-up." I hit "submit" a little too soon. At any rate, no, I don’t know diddly-squat about the Wilsons, but I did notice there’s one for sale on ebay. Just thought it might be fun for you to watch the auction. :o) The title of the auction is, "1970 Hand Made Short Scale Wilson Japanese," at the following link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2385&item=930538673&rd=1 It caught my interest because I have a little classical with no name on it, no label, solid cedar top and koa back, so I’m trying to find something out about it, as well. I guess it’s not a Wilson, though, becuase inside, at the base of the neck, it says, "Made in Finland." It’s driving me nuts, that I don’t know what it is! Good luck in your search for information. Annette

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.