Homepage Forums Discussion Popular Topics Ovation Balladeer S773-4

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi,

I am looking for an acoustic-electric nylon string guitar. I visited several stores. At Guitar Center, I found this new floor model Ovation Balladeer S773-4 for sale at 99 (without case). The guitar is listed for 150. I asked why it’s reduced so much and was told that "for some reason Ovation nylon-strong A-E guitar never sell well". I checked the Ovationguitar.com site and found that they still listed this guitar.

Can anyone share any review I can read or personal experience with this guitar. i think it’s a great deal, but just thought too good to be true.

thank you in advance,
    Nguyen

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Jason
      Participant

There are a couple of really good acoustic-electric nylon string guitars in the roundup at https://www.guitarsite.com/nylon-string-guitar/ such as the Breedlove Pursuit Nylon and Cordoba C7-CE.

Anonymous

Checkout harmonycentral.com guitar reviews as they have one of the largest dbase, and $399 is a good price for one, they usially go around $450-$500, the $1000 price is just like a ‘sticker’ price, nothing sells for it. Afterwards goto wholenote.com cuz Trevor recommends it. : Hi, : I am looking for an acoustic-electric nylon string guitar. I visited several stores. At Guitar Center, I found this new floor model Ovation Balladeer S773-4 for sale at $399 (without case). The guitar is listed for $1150. I asked why it’s reduced so much and was told that "for some reason Ovation nylon-strong A-E guitar never sell well". I checked the Ovationguitar.com site and found that they still listed this guitar. : Can anyone share any review I can read or personal experience with this guitar. i think it’s a great deal, but just thought too good to be true. : thank you in advance, : Nguyen

Anonymous

Hi Steve, Thank you for the referral to Marmony-Central…. what a site. My search now take me to La Patrie and Seagull, and this site is very cool with the review section. thank you, again Nguyen : Checkout harmonycentral.com guitar reviews as they have one of the largest dbase, and $399 is a good price for one, they usially go around $450-$500, the $1000 price is just like a ‘sticker’ price, nothing sells for it. Afterwards goto wholenote.com cuz Trevor recommends it. : : Hi, : : I am looking for an acoustic-electric nylon string guitar. I visited several stores. At Guitar Center, I found this new floor model Ovation Balladeer S773-4 for sale at $399 (without case). The guitar is listed for $1150. I asked why it’s reduced so much and was told that "for some reason Ovation nylon-strong A-E guitar never sell well". I checked the Ovationguitar.com site and found that they still listed this guitar. : : Can anyone share any review I can read or personal experience with this guitar. i think it’s a great deal, but just thought too good to be true. : : thank you in advance, : : Nguyen

Anonymous

Nguyen, I purchased a new Ovation S773-4 on Ebay from Rockley Music in Lakewood, Colorado for $660 with case. I have always been impressed with the true playing neck on the US made ovation guitar and the S773-4 is no exception. The neck is flat across the frets and although somewhat narrower than a traditional classical guitar it is wider than a steel string which helps if you like to pick with your fingers. It has a satin finish with walnut rosette inlay. The medium depth bowl feels comfortable while standing or sitting. Sound projects well acoustically and electronics offer excellent tone control. Amplified sound is exceptional with warm lows and mids and distinct highs capturing delightful timbre. It seems to be best suited for amplifiers without too much bottom end as the guitar already has well rounded lows. It does not have a pickguard. Some frets have a slight edge exiting the sides of the rosewood fretboard indicating need for better detailing at factory. Two piece mohogany neck has seam slightly off center but is not noticeable. I think it is worth what I paid. I would definately buy one for $399! Factory case is recommended. I did not find a review for the S773-4 on harmony central. Thought maybe my review would help. Fred : Hi Steve, : Thank you for the referral to Marmony-Central…. what a site. My search now take me to La Patrie and Seagull, and this site is very cool with the review section. : thank you, again : Nguyen : : : Checkout harmonycentral.com guitar reviews as they have one of the largest dbase, and $399 is a good price for one, they usially go around $450-$500, the $1000 price is just like a ‘sticker’ price, nothing sells for it. Afterwards goto wholenote.com cuz Trevor recommends it. : : : Hi, : : : I am looking for an acoustic-electric nylon string guitar. I visited several stores. At Guitar Center, I found this new floor model Ovation Balladeer S773-4 for sale at $399 (without case). The guitar is listed for $1150. I asked why it’s reduced so much and was told that "for some reason Ovation nylon-strong A-E guitar never sell well". I checked the Ovationguitar.com site and found that they still listed this guitar. : : : Can anyone share any review I can read or personal experience with this guitar. i think it’s a great deal, but just thought too good to be true. : : : thank you in advance, : : : Nguyen

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.